Preparing for New Frontiers..

vintervargen

Banned
Thought maybe we could throw together a little thread with nice-to-know stuff for the upcoming expansion.

Frontiers

The threee frontiers is beeing re-made, and tied together with an ocean inbetween you can sail from one to another, arriving at special harbours.

Frontiers Overview

Detailed maps of each zone can be found here.

The RvR caves (Marfach Caverns/Halls of Corrupt/Dodens Gruva) are getting re-designed:

Passafe of Conflict

Summoners Hall is also getting a new design:

NF Summoners Hall

Realm Abilities

.. are getting completely remade. You should start to look at what ra's you want to get, and remember that some are really different then you are used to. Each character will also automatically recieve a free ability once you reach RR5.

RA Configurator

Transportation in RvR

Major changes here as well, less time beeing consumed in order for you to get to the action, and ingame maps to show you where the current battles are beeing fought.

The Official Guide
Ingame Warmap

Artifacts

A few new artifacts have been added, but the most important thing is that all artifacts' exping places have been changed! Check out Vision of Sages for info of where to now spend the happy hours in PvE!

Camelot Herald has information about most things you want to know. Feel free to add your own New Frontiers info & tips.. :)

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
Nice guide. :cheers:

Although some of the links don't work (in-game warmap and VoS).

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If you play a pure tank, you might want to buy a good book to keep you entertained :p

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone has somewhere to host it, I have a good UI that has all the updated frontier maps for NF.

vintervargen

Banned
A few noticable things from 1.70 patch notes:

- It is no longer possible to use pets to attack targets with an engage radius when the caster is outside of the engage radius. This includes dragons, keep lords, and tower captains.

^ another animist nerf!! :(

- Necromancer pets and Animist bombers now get full benefit from their owners' spell piercing items and Traldor's Oracle Archmagery buffs.

^ good

- Spell Piercing bonuses now correctly modifies resistances downward instead of upward, for direct damage spells, debuffs and damage over time spells. A level 50 character can not have more than 10% Spell Piercing effect up at any one time (from items or spells); any Spell Piercing over 10% is ignored (previously Spell Piercing was "capped" at 25% for a level 50 character).

^ good

- Font of Power no longer affects targets which have been engaged in PvE combat within the last 10 seconds. The Font was having an unbalancing effect on PvE combat. After much discussion and debate, we decided to leave the Font itself alone and make it work without restriction in RvR, and add a small restriction for PvE (rather than reduce its effectiveness or otherwise reduce its usefulness in RvR with an across-the-board change).

^ baaaaaaaaaaaaad ~:[[[[

- Bodyguard will no longer borrow a re-use timer from Camouflage.

^ wee!

- The Passage of Conflict dungeon is open for exploration. This dungeon replaces the original three dungeons that led to Summoner's Hall in the old frontiers zones. Entrances to the Passage of Conflict may be found in Jamtland Mountains, Pennine Mountains, and Breifine.

^ see map!

- RvR death messages include region names when applicable (for example: Joe was just killed by Harry in Bratag Woods).

^ well... we'll see if its good or bad i guess

- Volley no longer has a minimum range restriction.

^ fun!

- If a player releases from an RvR death, a RvR Death Sickness is applied to the character. This Death Sickness lasts for three minutes and is incurable (with one exception, Restore the Soul). The player will get a 30% decrease in effective power (meaning that everything is affected - healing, spell damage, spell duration, melee damage, etc) and a 20% movement rate reduction for each Death Sickness icon of this type.

If a player is resurrected from an RvR death, a different RvR Death Sickness is applied to the character (unless Perfect Recovery was used, in which case there is no Death Sickness). The 30% decrease in effective power still applies, but there is no movement penalty of any kind. This Death Sickness lasts up to three minutes and is incurable (with one exception, Restore the Soul).

^ cool!

Albion

- The djinn stones will now teleport players to other locations. Albion players have access to the following teleportation locations: Camelot City, Snowdonia Fortress, Caer Gothwaite, Caerwent Housing Zone, Personal House, and Guild House

Midgard

- The djinn stones will now teleport players to other locations. Midgard players have access to the following teleportation locations: Jordheim, Vindsaul Faste, Aegirhamn, Erikstaad Housing Zone, Personal House, and Guild House

Hibernia

- The djinn stones will now teleport players to other locations. Hibernia players have access to the following teleportation locations: Tir na Nog, Druim Cain, Grove of Domnann, Meath Housing Zone, Personal House, and Guild House

^ finally :m00:

- The Jacina's Sash encounter has been reduced in difficulty. Furthermore, it will no longer be possible to pull Cyrek or Balasi outside of the canyon.

- Danos now drops the Guard of Valor artifact as treasure, instead of placing it on the ground for any player to pick up.

^ good

- The Tablet of Atlantis now shapechanges players into a large sobekite at level 5 and a smaller sobekite at level 10.

^ n000000000 :mad:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
nice-to-know stuff for the upcoming expansion.
Half that stuff is 1.70, half of it is 1.71.

All that will do is add to the confusion. Nice idea though :)

vintervargen

Banned
Draylor said:
Half that stuff is 1.70, half of it is 1.71.

All that will do is add to the confusion. Nice idea though :)

Sort it out then. :worthy:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Shame about the FoP really,

Aside from that, nice guide. Thanks :)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
You forgot to add:

- Roll caster or archer or bore to death :m00:

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
You forgot to add:

Or move to Camlann and N-joy the good ol tank days again :clap:

/Neo

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
You forgot to add:

Slightly incorrect...

- Roll caster or archer or bore to death, unless your a Healer or Shaman. In which case you'll always be wanted in groups, even if it means you'll be blamed for just about everything from "omfg why wern't you healing? wtf are you talking about? wtf is interupt?" to "omfg if we didn't have such a lame healer i'd have quad hitted more"

(actually the worrying thing is i've gotten those before)

In any case, it'll be worrying to see the Moderna crew playing their Plvled FoTM casters/archers. I can see it now

SM: PBAE? Lifetap? Wtf is that? Stfu noob, my pet does my fighting for me. Just heal it!
RM: stfu and give me haste faggot!
BD: OMFG, WHY DID I GET OWNED? I THOUGHT ALL I DID WAS INSTA LT FORTEHWIN?
Archer: How do I fire my bow?

Archeon: Kill me now... just... kill me... please

I know it won't be like that... all the time. Still i'm not looking forward to the prospect of the caster equivilant of a tank who doesn't know what taunt is. ;)

...Hmm... kinda go off on a tangent with this one. Sorry. :D

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
giiiivve NF :D my scout is dying to snipe some idiots from a tower while they cant hit me WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE let the hibs and mids whine

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I dont it will be quit as bad as on the US servers , well maybe on Excal it will be :p , but most players on pryd aint stupid enough to just stand outside a keep and be farmed. Tbh peopel will just check out the keep , see its defended and move along , unless they seriousky has the upper hand be it sheer numbers , range or a ton of siege equip . so enjoy your lonely stay on the battlements , waiting invane to abuse your surperior range , whilst the not so stupid peopel just move ells where imho.....

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
"- Font of Power no longer affects targets which have been engaged in PvE combat within the last 10 seconds. The Font was having an unbalancing effect on PvE combat. After much discussion and debate, we decided to leave the Font itself alone and make it work without restriction in RvR, and add a small restriction for PvE (rather than reduce its effectiveness or otherwise reduce its usefulness in RvR with an across-the-board change)."

Any idea what "in combat" means in this context ? I know Paladins chants only work in combat, but won't heal a Cleric who is only casting. Does this mean Clerics will still get full benefit as long as they don't get into melee ?

Come to that, is an Ice Wizard in combat if they aren't attacked, but are only casting ?

Darzil

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Having played an ice wizard, I can say that if your spells hurt any monsters, you're considered in combat. Just casting your PBAE spell without it affecting anything won't make the game say you're in combat, but just casting your PBAE spell without it affecting anything kind of defeats the purpose of the spell ;)

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got any updates when NF is actually going to go live? Last heard was planned for the end of the month, but haven't seen anything about it since.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
Anyone got any updates when NF is actually going to go live? Last heard was planned for the end of the month, but haven't seen anything about it since.

It (apparently) is testing on Gorre at the moment, i'd assume if they havn't said anything its still set for the end of the month.

Here's hoping, I want MoF :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Grimmen said:
That adjustment of FoP is gonna be the death of Moderna PL grps :) :)
Hardly. It's the seers who need the power the most anyway, and they are (practically) never in combat. Nah, the FoP nerf will hit Animist PL the hardest, and Moderna PL will only be affected with the upcoming petpulling nerf.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Hardly. It's the seers who need the power the most anyway, and they are (practically) never in combat. Nah, the FoP nerf will hit Animist PL the hardest, and Moderna PL will only be affected with the upcoming petpulling nerf.

In moderna group the other day, the puller sent the pet round several camps each pull meaning plenty of downtime for the other SMs, and seers still get FoP when healing so..

Don't they fix the healing passive pets not generating aggro on the healer thing though?

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Welcome to Dark Age of Rangealot

And we hope you had a pleasant stay in Dark Ages of Tankalot during the last couple of years ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Rulke said:
Don't they fix the healing passive pets not generating aggro on the healer thing though?
Yeah, that's what I said: the pet-pulling nerf will affect Moderna PL, but not the FoP nerf. The FoP nerf comes first, though, and the petpulling nerf one patch later.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
though when i first started (joining :p ) doing petpulling moderna groups on prydwen we experimented abit with a bot ae disease pulling and the xp was very nice, problem was the shammy was also trying to control pac healer so found it hard to ae disease and then try and stun while stacking in right place :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom