Football Premiership action of the weekend!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So far, Everton held Man Utd to a draw, sunderland won the tyne-wear derby (against newcastle) and Hull continued their unbeaten away streak with a 3 goal win over West Brom!

now the impartial bit is over heres my own personal reaction....

:clap::cheers::clap::cheers:

Hull 3rd place on GD, even if arsenal or man utd win they'll stay at third with 20 points woo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Hull are doing superb.

Next 2 games are Chelsea home and Utd away, with 20 points already in the bag the pressure really is off as you are expected to lose.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
and chelseas unbeaten run comes to an end, must say are liverpool now truly contenders this season? every year we've heard the same thing but this time they've actually managed to pull off some big wins!

redknapp not doing too badly so far at tottenham either by looks of it their first win perhaps!?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
and chelseas unbeaten run comes to an end, must say are liverpool now truly contenders this season? every year we've heard the same thing but this time they've actually managed to pull off some big wins!

Liverpool have been in the Champion League final twice in the last few seasons. We all know that they can beat top sides. The question mark has been can they beat the likes of Stoke at home. We have had 1/4 of the season and they are doing well.

Could anybody explain why there were so many games on Sunday this week?

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Liverpool have been in the Champion League final twice in the last few seasons. We all know that they can beat top sides. The question mark has been can they beat the likes of Stoke at home. We have had 1/4 of the season and they are doing well.

Could anybody explain why there were so many games on Sunday this week?

The answer to your question is no Liverpool can't beat Stoke at home, it finished 0-0.

Reason so many games today because of Uefa Cup games that were played on Thursday.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
It's a shame the unbeaten run is over, but you felt the longer it went on the more likely it was that a contentious goal (like today) or a bogey team would come along and end it.

In some ways it's a good thing, the burden is lifted from the players shoulders.

It also means Scolari will be having certain players by the balls who didn't play well :p

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
It's a shame the unbeaten run is over, but you felt the longer it went on the more likely it was that a contentious goal (like today) or a bogey team would come along and end it.

In some ways it's a good thing, the burden is lifted from the players shoulders.

It also means Scolari will be having certain players by the balls who didn't play well :p

On another day Chelsea would have won by 3 or 4, it happens.

Also doesn't help missing Cole, Essien, Drogba, Ballack, big players who would all have played today.

soze

I am a FH squatter

Funny impressive runs end with a dodgey goal. Like a Rooney Dive to end the Arsenal Unbeaten run /not bitter not at all nope

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
but you felt the longer it went on the more likely it was that a contentious goal

How was it contentious? Not having a dig but it looked perfectly fine to me.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
It was deflected.

If it hadn't come of Bosingwa it would've been an easy catch for Cech. He went to the right as the ball was and it changed direction, wrong footing Cech and going in.

Corran

Part of the furniture
when you say contentious it instantly gives impression it was a dodgy goal.....

lucky, yes. Dodgy no.

Still dont know if liverpool will last the season. Be interesting to see, had my doubts about Utd pre-season so wont be shocked if we dont win this year. But still not going to be given up on it. Need the quad :D

gohan

FH is my second home

ye but you had your share of luck too, alonso free kick hit the post 2-3 fanstastic saves from cech, best of which was gerrards dipping volley that on most days would have been a goal, ryan bable shot about 2 cm over

tbh every single comentator and pundit has said liverpool thoroughly desereved the win. you make it sound like you were robbed, but you were just outplayed

shame liverpool have only outplayed 2 teams this season tho ^^ lucky we save our performances for the big teams atm. still need the consistancy to win the league and i don't want to sound negative but i still don't think were quite thier, maybe a few more squad players in jan and we'll be ok but our full backs are... well SHIT.....

can't belive they sold riise (who is basicly god) and replaced him with dossena for the same money

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Sorry Gohan it seems like you mis-interpreted my post.

I think Liverpool deserved the win as we couldn't finish any of our chances of. Liverpool did, that was the difference. I wouldn't say we were outplayed though.

For the last 20 minutes of the first half Liverpool were so close to crumbling, but obviously Rafa told them to go out and play their game rather than sit back.

The Alonso free kick was luck on our behalf, but Cechs saves were world class, not luck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom