Predictions for RvR/PvP in WAR

Zede

Part of the furniture
Us lot here are have a unique insight into the wonderful workings of what is Mythic Entertainment !

I have often wondered why things are the way they are, for instance in 1.72, the TWF stacking patch. Was this simply a case of " oh sorry we forget to test that" ( a feature which ANY random fg of even total noobs could have figured out in minutes) or was it ON PURPOSE.

Mythic with DoaC seem to have a habit going back years in accidentily on purpose making things OP ( ie things that get strangly fixed few patches down the line that are so glaringly obvious they should ever have been there)

So, with this in mind - WAR will have :-

1) A stupidly overpowered class that can own every other class in RvR

2) A class that nobody wants to group with in RvR

3) In your face world/texture bugs that make you wonder how they missed it

4) One side is so obviously better than the other, you outnumber them 2/1.

Obviously, the above is taken from DaoC, but could quite easily be from WoW,Star Wars,what ever.

Imho....when Beta testing arrives - give ALL DaoC players a beta account. ( who better to test a new mythic game with rvr in ?) WE can sort out this game and make it good -and give mythic an earful if they resort to the same ole shit in the points listed above !

Tilda

Last time I played WAR (smirk :D) it was pretty ballanced.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Arent they already planning on doing this? Or at least giving daoc players some kind of extra chance of getting in beta? Also think if you preorder the game you'll get beta access...

Confirm please :D

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
Imho....when Beta testing arrives - give ALL DaoC players a beta account. ( who better to test a new mythic game with rvr in ?) WE can sort out this game and make it good -and give mythic an earful if they resort to the same ole shit in the points listed above !

If ex-DAoC'ers in WoW are anything to go by, you mean you can turn it into DAoC?

I don't fucking want DAoC, or anything even close to it.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
The system probely gonna be simiular to the wow pvp system... hence the casual and "player friendly(er)" then what daoc is (was)

Tilda

WiZe^ said:
The system probely gonna be simiular to the wow pvp system... hence the casual and "player friendly(er)" then what daoc is (was)

This is incorrect.
While you can draw paralells with parts, ie the home invasion bits, there are battle grounds and bits that are very similar to daoc. Having played all 3, the pvp is far more similar to daoc than war :)

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
This is incorrect.
While you can draw paralells with parts, ie the home invasion bits, there are battle grounds and bits that are very similar to daoc. Having played all 3, the pvp is far more similar to daoc than war :)

Hey Tilda, yus yus I am a nub to WAR, havent seen much abo9ut it yet, only just got interested. How did you manage to play it? :eek:
Also, I hope WAR will be a cross of WoW / DAoC, WoW would of been sooo good if it had DAoC style pvp. Anyone know if in WAR there will be keeps etc? like DAoC?, I know you can attack towns etc(?) but I use to love the keeps in DAoC.
Mucho wub, Del

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
If ex-DAoC'ers in WoW are anything to go by, you mean you can turn it into DAoC?

I don't fucking want DAoC, or anything even close to it.

Totally agree.

I hope it is nothing like DAoC or WoW but is it's own game and they ignore the vocal minority of the fans who want WAR to be DAoC2.

If they stick to the Warhammer basis the game is founded on, it'll be fine, if they try and pander to munchkins who think they know about these things, it'll turn into another DDO/SWG.

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Totally agree.

I hope it is nothing like DAoC or WoW but is it's own game and they ignore the vocal minority of the fans who want WAR to be DAoC2.

If they stick to the Warhammer basis the game is founded on, it'll be fine, if they try and pander to munchkins who think they know about these things, it'll turn into another DDO/SWG.

Depending of course on how much you enjoyed rvr, wouldnt you like a daoc style rvr?. They can do what ever with the rest I think, but daoc rvr was the best around by a long shot (old style). I dont see how they can make a much better type. WoW tried, and failed badly imo

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Delrith said:
Depending of course on how much you enjoyed rvr, wouldnt you like a daoc style rvr?. They can do what ever with the rest I think, but daoc rvr was the best around by a long shot (old style). I dont see how they can make a much better type. WoW tried, and failed badly imo

No no no no and NO!, if i want to play DAoC, i'll play DAoC. Worst thing that can happen is they listen to DAoC fanboi's and this game ends-up as DAoC 2.

Warhammer can be so much more that DAoC ever was.

WoW's pvp was an afterthought, they never intended it to be a pvp centric game, rather Warcraft Online with a pvp option if people wanted to try their skills against others. WoW is very much PvE based, they never tried to covet DAoC's RvR system.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Id love the pve fun from WoW, and the rvr fun from DaoC, simple :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom