Pre-launch discussion

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Well this thread seems rather unloved, going to take my chances anyway.

Your last update says:

09/14 21:00 CET - General update: *Warning* mail delays possible tomorrow
Are emails sent at the same times as accounts are validated, or could accounts be usable some time (potentially a long time, depending) before the mails are sent?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
People quick to shout when it goes wrong so thought I'd post and say thanks for a nice smooth launch day, though I dread to think what sort of a zombified state I will be in by the end of the week on current projected sleeping rates :)

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
Yup have to agree i had serious doubts about the Ce headstart and how it was gonna be a complete disaster and im glad to say i was completly wrong lol.For me anyway it was perfect codes validated straight away logged in lag free the game looks very nice the animations have clearly been tweaked and i havent come across any bugged mobs.I must say this is the most polished mmo i have ever played on launch,i havent seen any bugged quests yet either,RvR is super smooth and really fun to play.The games just bursting with content, so much to do and see loving it.

Ps. Good job today GoA i have done my fair share of slating you so i thought it only fair to drop a lil praise your way now that you've done something well keep it up. :cheers:

osiriz88

Fledgling Freddie
we who orderd standard edition will be able to register our codes at 09:00 cet... right? :)

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
I just would like to say, thank you! That was one hella of a smooth ride, the head start launch...

except one thing... NERF THE DESTRUCTION ZERGZ!!!!!!! EVEN THE TEAMS ! XD

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah just have to agree that it was a very smooth headstart... I got a little worried that I didn't get an email for my activation but got it 2 min before the server opened =) Like many others in here I thought that the headstart would be almost as dreadful as the OB but I really glad I was wrong... Good job!!

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
first one never arrived but then I registred a second time, like 5 min before the servers where up then I got it like 2-3 min later.... so it was quite fast... but I still wonders where my first mail is ^^

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
Yup have to agree i had serious doubts about the Ce headstart and how it was gonna be a complete disaster and im glad to say i was completly wrong lol.For me anyway it was perfect codes validated straight away logged in lag free the game looks very nice the animations have clearly been tweaked and i havent come across any bugged mobs.I must say this is the most polished mmo i have ever played on launch,i havent seen any bugged quests yet either,RvR is super smooth and really fun to play.The games just bursting with content, so much to do and see loving it.

Ps. Good job today GoA i have done my fair share of slating you so i thought it only fair to drop a lil praise your way now that you've done something well keep it up. :cheers:

What he said x2 :clap:

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
everything has been pretty sweet to be honest, Way to prove us wrong GOA!

I have had one problem to date, the public quest by the chaos flightmaster, chapter 3 i think. The second part spawned and people split like mad as the mobs zerged us :) then we lost one of the targeted mobs and we couldn't get to the last stage. It is the public quest with the flagelants, on the border with norsca.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I just would like to say, thank you! That was one hella of a smooth ride, the head start launch...

except one thing... NERF THE DESTRUCTION ZERGZ!!!!!!! EVEN THE TEAMS ! XD
still scenarios didnt always go destruction way :)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
And everyone talks about GOA again when we actually have a real dude here giving us the information.

So thanks MagnusK!

It's great to see a person so dedicated to bring us the news :)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Thanks everyone for the great support. I've seen so much praise the last few days, last weekend seem like a distant dream. If I were to start expressing how much I appreciate this I'd start sobbing instantly. ..So I'll save that until later ;)

Well this thread seems rather unloved, going to take my chances anyway.

Your last update says:
MagnusK said:
09/14 21:00 CET - General update: *Warning* mail delays possible tomorrow

Are e-mails sent at the same times as counts are validated, or could accounts be usable some time (potentially a long time, depending) before the mails are sent?
What you described happened during the Open Beta process. What happened then was that the mail server basically started burning from the stress. So in order to provide Open Beta access to the many players who were waiting for their confirmation e-mails we managed to circumvent the confirmation process and grant access anyway. This was a solution born of the lack of a working mail server. We've since done lots of maintenance work on our mail server and have done some general precautions such as giving access codes a priority over bonus item code confirmations.

In essence: no, access should not be granted until confirmation e-mail has been received this time around.

[Edit 9/15 17:35]
Pardon this last statement, it is not correct. I've updated my Pre-launch information thread to rectify this. Basically, when an authentic key is validated, this flags you for Head Start access in our database. Then, an e-mail is dispatched to inform you of this. So A-->B-->C where A is successful validation, B is this being registered in our database and C is when you receive your confirmation e-mail. Right now, A-->B is working aright, but B-->C is slow. Assuming the A step was successful, I'd advice waiting a little while for B to occur, then attempt logging in. [/Edit]

-Magnus

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
still scenarios didnt always go destruction way :)
been in 4 scenarios so far and we have lost all of them... during the OB we lost about 50% so destruction doesn't win all the time...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*passes MagnusK a hanky*

awww there there :fluffle:

Borek

Regular Freddie
I can't register, i use the same E-mail and log in as i used on the site for beta, log in, go to the validation page, type in my details, and it tells me my E-mail AND login are invalid?? Got no idea if the code is valid as it's not checking that as far as i can tell...

Do i need to register again on the goa web site or something, use a different E-mail address (hotmail.co.uk atm as i am about to move house/ISP and my current ISP e-mail will be cancelled in under 10 days)?

Can someone tell me wtf i have to do to get registered on this unholy abomination of a flash based web site?

And yes i am using IE 7 not firefox 3, had massive problems registering in Beta with FF3...

can someone from GOA please help me, gotta go out now, but i'll be back soon.

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
So I now know how to handle goa, after 2 hours of nothing, I just spammed around 10 requests and I got instant access to the game =) so whenever goa is fucking up, just spam them.

6760Anders

Fledgling Freddie
I would also like to shout out a big THANKS - everything went very smooth this time around, and not at all like the OB, so thanks for proving how well a launch CAN be done. :)

See all you guys ingame.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
something that's been very impressive is the small bugs that you encountered during the OB is all gone now... like the one that you can't attack a mob but it can attack you... didn't see one of those during the hours I played last night... impressive that they got rid of them, or at least made them to occur less often ^^

Borek

Regular Freddie
Those non-attackable monsters were fixed by the patch on Friday, don't credit GOA, that was Mythic's fix, GOA managed to botch the patch that was supposed to take 1 hour so badly it ended up taking nearly 6 hrs.

I mean yes it's helped the gameplay a lot, was a terrible bug, but as i say it's a Mythic patch that resolved it.

And for anyone having problems like i did getting email/login to validate you can't use capitals for them, pathetic really, but meh, they probably won't fix it anytime soon even though it's probably goingto generate a ton of problems when the game is fully released, let alone now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom