Practice theory tests (non DVLA ones)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
They are great!

You are waiting in a traffic queue at night. To avoid dazzling following drivers you should:

apply the handbrake only
apply the footbrake only
switch off your headlights
use both the handbrake and the footbrake

Correct answer: apply the handbrake only......

I had no idea! -_-

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
thats because they are not talikng about your headlights, they mean your brake lights.

If you keep your foot on the footbrake then the brake lights can seem like fog lights if your sat right behind them

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Yeah makes more sense now its not 2.30 am :p

I keep failing on the bloody hazard perception test tho, do perfectly on the practice ones, but the actual test does not go so well.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The correct answer is E) Not drive a new Audi with the insanely bright rear lights that exist only to piss off anyone behind you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What's the accepted protocol for thanking someone when it's dark? Do you turn your lights off and on again very quickly (the opposite of flashing I guess)? It seems a bit unfair to express gratitude by temporarily blinding someone.

Gray

FH is my second home
Are you supposed to flash people though? (The lights i mean). Since flashing (of the lights) can be mistaken for other things.

Past few years i;ve stopped flashing (my lights) to let people in or out of roads or whatever, feels so much safer. I do feel like a dick not doing it though but alas, least i know i'm safe in the knowledge.

For shits and giggles just did the DVLA theory, 50 questions. 7 questions wrong so not too bad, 2 of which where fuckin hand signals. Who the fuck uses hand signals nowadays!

soze

I am a FH squatter
What's the accepted protocol for thanking someone when it's dark? Do you turn your lights off and on again very quickly (the opposite of flashing I guess)? It seems a bit unfair to express gratitude by temporarily blinding someone.

I turn my hazard lights on for a couple of ticks to say thanks mainly and only flash my lights if I am letting someone go. I do not know if it is correct but my Dad did it so I have copied.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When you are being overtaken by a lorry, I think it's common courtesy to flash them when they have fully passed you so they know to pull in. They will then do the left-right-left indicate to thank you. More relevant in the HGV world, nobody in a car should ever be overtaken by an artic. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
My instructor told me never to flash your lights!!

I flash my lights to let people out, and turn the hazards on to say thanks in the dark, during the day I kinda raise my hand in a wave :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom