PowerPoint and Video.

R

Rubber Bullets

Hi,

I have created a powerpoint presentation on my home PC to use at work, and on work laptops.

I have XP pro on my PC and Office XP, I have put a few small videos in the presentation which look great onb my home PC but do not run on the works ones.

All the work PCs use Win NT as far as I know, certainly none use XP.

The video format I have used is mpeg, basically encoded as if they are for VCD.

Is the problem that the video viewer in PowerPoint XP not backwards compatible? Is it that another video format would work where the mpeg doesn't? Will Win NT just not show video?

any ideas welcome

s

B

bids

Might be you don't have the right Codec for the NT box - does it work with AVI's ?

R

Rubber Bullets

Thanks Bids, but strangely my bosses PC seems to be able to play .mpg files but not when embedded in a PP show.

I decided to try some different file types and my copy of Premiere seems to have lost all its media player codecs!

Fucking computers

s

/me wanders off to see if I can find those missing codecs

S

smurkin

I dont know if this is bolloxs or not...coz I dont use ppt much....but is it possible the mpeg files are not actually incorporated into the document but linked using a shortcut ? ie. if you include the mpg files with the presentation, does that fix it ?

R

Rubber Bullets

Nah they are incorporated smurkin, but thanks :)

Mellow- This may well be true, but as I am unable to do anything at all to the work PCs I can't use it.

s

M

Mr. 47

I once got quite good with iluminartis... it rocked...

Users who are viewing this thread