Power Leveling

M

Moody

To be a bit ethical about it...

What bond do you have with your char if it's PL'd? There isn't. You can sell your account without breaking your heart or anything. You havent seen the realm at all. You ask who Caer Withrin is. You still have to do your lvl 7 epic when dinging 50.

Ok for second chars I can understand because xping can be quite a hassle. I took the scenic route to 50. Started him in april i think and dinged 50 in november. Ok thats perhaps a bit too slow :D but in the end, when you finally did it, you feel so good. :)

O

old.Wildfire

The argument was never really whether advisors were better than tanglers or vice versa - I think tanglers will probably win that argument hands down every time, but then you have to have a group to PL at tangs whereas a single nuker can PL endlessly at the advisors without having to worry about members of the group leaving.

J

Jiggs

well u just need one level 50 matter cabalist in your guild who is vulnerable to bribery :D

A

Arnor

The only way you can be powerleveled is by being within 5 levels of the highest level. Otherwise you are only leeching XP and its poor XP at that. You have only got look at the maths to see that. It is such a misconception thinking that a level 50 Cabby or Sorc can powerlevel you. Its far faster to solo blues and yellows than to join a tangler grp when you are below level 35 - 38. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never done any comparisons to Xp per mob.

Probably been mentioned, but powerlvling can do wonders, like getting from lvl 1-38 in 6hrs ;)

That was group1 @ lair in Malmøhus, midgard

A

Arnor

Oh, but best way to lvl, is to get together with 6-8 friends and make a perfect pbaoe-group.

The xp is very good, and you play with your mates and have fun :)

lvl 39 in 2d16hrs i think our healer had.

Me&my mates are doing power-sessions, when we get together and xp for some hours, other than that we play our mains/rvr with the little buggers ;)

O

old.Kiarra

Originally posted by Moody

What bond do you have with your char if it's PL'd? There isn't. You can sell your account without breaking your heart or anything. You havent seen the realm at all. You ask who Caer Withrin is. You still have to do your lvl 7 epic when dinging 50.

Actually, one of the worst things about someone who has been powerleveld is this bond between player and character. I have been questioned by a high lvl Infiltrator, asking what the best spec is, and also what the best weapons to use, as he wanted to order them.

The only answer I could give was to ask "Well how are you specced ?" because that could easily change the setup of weapons. The person didnt even undertand how a slower blade on PA could make a difference. They not only didnt know what PA was or even CS, DW, they just didnt have a clue about this character they had generated, because they had never actually played it.

Im sorry I dont have much time or respect for those folks.

It takes practise to play an Infil, e.g. switching between PA to BS because the enemy/mob has decided to change direction and you are not in a position to change your own for the perfect kill.

Everyone else I will bend over backwards to help.

W

-Wedge-

Well some classes require more 'skill' to play then others.. It wont take a rocket scientist to figure out some classes...

I've played a shit load of characters (from friends :D) and an Infiltrator is hard to play, a scout is also hard to play (impossible now due to see-hidden, except in groups)... Wizards are feck easy (then again, been playing one for 40 days ;)), Sorcerers are hard (you wont hear me say, why didnt you mezz)... Clerics are really easy ;) (and I actually found them fun to play, rejuv cleric, smite clerics are gimps)... Armsman, skill? It does require it a bit on when to use Stun, but thats a bit where it ends... (never played a high level friar or cabalist though)

I think in the end, Infiltrators are the hardest to play solo... But even that is 'easy' to learn in like a week (or two) RvR at 50...

I powerleveled my rejuv cleric from 13 to 17 yesterday, because I was unable to find groups... And a rejuv cleric should thank god if he/she can kill a blue ;)

After 17 though, I went to Keltoi, got 21 at the end of the evening... Needless to say, 17 to 21 went pretty fast there :D (group that my cleric was in was happy since I pulled the ant room and stuff around it with my wizard so they could keep on killing safely :D)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Moody

Ok for second chars I can understand because xping can be quite a hassle. I took the scenic route to 50. Started him in april i think and dinged 50 in november. Ok thats perhaps a bit too slow :D but in the end, when you finally did it, you feel so good. :)

Methinks I've found more scenery to see than you :) still not there yet ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -Wedge-

After 17 though, I went to Keltoi, got 21 at the end of the evening... Needless to say, 17 to 21 went pretty fast there :D (group that my cleric was in was happy since I pulled the ant room and stuff around it with my wizard so they could keep on killing safely :D)

level 23/24 is a bitch - can go to keltoi to meet morons and get crap groups (since everyone level 24 is in the battleground...) or try and get a group in catas - cept there's noone around.

Everyone seems to have skipped 20-30 these days :(

W

-Wedge-

Its a rejuv cleric, how hard can 'getting a group' be :rolleyes:

Its an alt, which I'll just put on my lappo sitting at cata's with the LFG flag on, eventually I should get a group ;)

I might venture into the BG's too for a bit to get L3 so I can get MCL, but not really fussed about it either...

26-30 will be a bit horible, tough getting a good cata's group, and clerk groups are hard to come by too... I hope I'll get lucky though and get a few invites here and there... (try and get into goblin groups around 28)

If all fails, I'll have to level her with my Wizard again in Barrows... Hate doing that though, its boring as hell... (and with a char like a cleric, it shouldnt be needed)

O

old.Wildfire

Well pyrous is up to 31 now (yay me) and I tried a pygmy group for the first time yesterday...I aint going back there :( very slow exping compared to how it used to be (perhaps rose-tinted glasses but hey) and the people there are moooorooooons e.g. wizards casting bolts on mobs that quite blatantly have 3 tanks bashing them.

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS

Plus solo exp in DF is better if u can get down to yellow/orange con mobs without being ganked by the blue/creen NPC zerg on the way :)

W

-Wedge-

Solo yellow / oranges... Rejuv-Cleric... Hmm...

But I completely agree about the Wizards, I've tried telling several on the fact that bolts are useless when tanks are on the mob...

Grew tired of it though, heck I even saw a level 50 do it :rolleyes:

I mean, the message even gives a small hint about the fact that it does no damage...

And I guess Pygmy's will be slow for a bit, but what else is there to do... Rejuv-cleric cant exactly 'solo'... I'll get my cleric in my PBAoE group on sundays, should get her some levels there...
(I'll also bribe groups into taking her in when playing with a guildies-sorc :D )

If all goes according to plan, 30+ by the end of this weekend... 40+ by the end of next week... 50 before newyear ;)

F

fl-gorre

i lvled my arms in about 4,5days played max
i have my sorc at my disposal but ully never saw any tangz till he reached 37
also he killed evry mob he gained xp on or atleast most of em
buffz/debuffs and efficient grp composing is the key to a fast xp-path
and not askin soem sorc or cabba , its plane ass lame
and sometimes i wonder why those sorces or cabbas who contantly PL at tangz at the expense of normal 38-43ish grps, do it
(40-45 is allrdy such a hard xp curve why make it harder of our albs at those lvlz by farmin the pullz that belong to them)

high lvl wiz/theu EB buffz are godly at lower lvlz , even till 35
it makes your char kill red/orange ones or your grp killin mobs wich they normally couldnt handle by far

sorces debuffs are great for several reasons
lowerd hp/dext/quick/str ofcourse but also untill the mobs become lvl30 orso, its a great way to use her debuffz for pullin mobs around her so your alt gets to pick any mob attackin her wich is uberly debuffed
(sometimes had over 20mobs hitting my sorc and ully killin 4-5 yellow/orange mobs without any downtime exepct for end regen)

if u need a buffbot: start a pbaoe grp n your guild or with some friends
instead of workin on evrybodys nerves at tanglerz ull get 2buffbotz in return with an extra speedbot ,3wizzes and 2tankz
talk about efficiency :D
infiz are hard to lvl but PLin him all the way to 50 will make u one gimped infi

PLin a char is pure bull
its an excuse for lasy ppl

B

Belomar

Originally posted by fl-gorre
not askin soem sorc or cabba , its plane ass lame and sometimes i wonder why those sorces or cabbas who contantly PL at tangz at the expense of normal 38-43ish grps, do it (40-45 is allrdy such a hard xp curve why make it harder of our albs at those lvlz by farmin the pullz that belong to them)
Well, that depends on when you go there. :) I say PLing at the tangler tree is fine as long as you are alone at your spot, I've been going there really early this past week and left before the tanglers filled up.

P.S. You seem to have an awful lot of unwarranted Z:s in your language. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't make your post more readable. D.S.

W

-Wedge-

Hmm, you tried that lately? (pulling 20 level 25-28 mobs on you)

They actually managed to hit my wizard yesterday(and interrupt me a few times)... 4 is not a problem (all miss), but as soon as 8+ mobs are on you, they start hitting you... Granted, its only for 1-5 damage... But if they do it too often, they wont give XP when killed...

(I actually managed to almost get killed by Merc. Tombraiders, 1 cant hit you, but I had 15+ on me and they started hitting me, almost died, then again heard their green to a 40, lol)

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Arnor2

Probably been mentioned, but powerlvling can do wonders, like getting from lvl 1-38 in 6hrs ;)

That was group1 @ lair in Malmøhus, midgard

how?

W

-Wedge-

I'm pretty sure 1 to 38 cant be dont in 6 hours... Spawn rate of mobs simply doesnt allow this (at least there's no place in albion with a spawn rate that high)... (even if you take a lowbie in a tangler group where tanglers are red, you cant get that in 6 hours)

A

Afroninja

Originally posted by -Wedge-
I'll get my cleric in my PBAoE group on sundays, should get her some levels there...

ahem, cough, and my friar :D

K

Kagato.

I don't see why everyone is in such a rush I know people with 2 level 50ies that they have levelled in the time it took me to get just 1 level 50, but im quite certain I have found the game far more fulfilling in that time.

Half the fun of playing the game is the witty banter and fun groups when you get them, some of the most fun I have had has been during steady but by no means fast exping groups chain-killing danoin(sp) - clerks in lyoness (back when you could) and spending more time chatting and taking the micky out of one another then actually killing anything.

Sure its good to get your levels but i'd rather earn them and enjoy the journy along the way, seeing all there is to see, and I wouldn't sacrifice the friends, chats and fun you have along the way to get level 50 in a week.

And as mentioned above, all classes take some getting used to, you have to learn the styles, reactions and best way to play your character, which you can only get by playing that character each step of the way and learning what they can and cannot cope with and what makes them perform best.

M

Moody

Originally posted by Fingoniel

Methinks I've found more scenery to see than you :) still not there yet ;)

Well if you decide to explore more scenery don't hesitate to give me a call. I have claimed a small but cosy tent in Dartmoor from where I roam the lands frequently with some very close friends :)

Try to make 50 before Shrouded Isles because I think we will die quite a lot there ;)

A

Arnor

I'm pretty sure 1 to 38 cant be dont in 6 hours... Spawn rate of mobs simply doesnt allow this (at least there's no place in albion with a spawn rate that high)... (even if you take a lowbie in a tangler group where tanglers are red, you cant get that in 6 hours)

Said it was in midgard/malmøhus, the spawnrate there is nuts, i have not ONCE heard ppl saying: "waiting for spawn" and there is normally atleast 2 different pullinggroups pulling constantly (or was last time I was there)

Thing is, you put the lvl1 in the group that gets all the xp normally(we play with one maingroup and one leechgroup in malm)
So he'll get cap-xp*4 every single pull

W

-Wedge-

If this is true, then Pygmy goblins are worth jack shit in Albion and shouldnt have been nerfed... Since even with Goblins you cant pull fast enough with little enough downtime to get someone that high so fast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom