Power Leveling

S

St3vi3

Hey guys, I recently just started the game on Excal after spending ages on Pryd.

I was wondering if there were any level 50 or so Cabalists willing to pl me? I have a small stash of gold if you only do it for cash.

Thanks.

St3vi3

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I can arrange for you to be Power Leveled but it will cost you 300 Mithril and your soul.

Good luck finding a better deal. :p

O

old.Kiarra

The only way you can be powerleveled is by being within 5 levels of the highest level. Otherwise you are only leeching XP and its poor XP at that. You have only got look at the maths to see that. It is such a misconception thinking that a level 50 Cabby or Sorc can powerlevel you. Its far faster to solo blues and yellows than to join a tangler grp when you are below level 35 - 38. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never done any comparisons to Xp per mob.

If your a melee class and a theurg and cleric are willing to stand by you to eb/haste and give you a full set of cleric buffs, then you can be powerleveled as you will be able to solo oranges/reds with no downtime.

You can make the first levels to level 15 easy, if you know where to hunt, doing fast greens and blues. Then it takes longer. The theurg/cleric route can help you after that to about level 30 and then your quickest route is join groups doing pygmy goblin, later from 39 to 45, tanglers, amd after that trees.

There is always DF of course which should be excellant XP if you get a good grp.

Or you can always get a 2nd account and create a buff bott and use the cleric to buff/heal you as you play but then you will need to get a cleric up.

The last option is what I did for Kiarra. I had an old PC going spare so I started a 3rd account and got a cleric to lvl 20 for buffs, then using Kerry (level 50 theurg with 6 second blade turn) and the cleric, I was able to solo often, with minimum damage and fast kills. Boring though and having 3 accounts and 3 PC's is a bit of an overkill. However sometimes its the only way to get on fast when your levelling up an Infiltrator.

I could powerlevel you, but to be honest, you couldnt afford it unless you could pay around 1 plat per level to level 25, then the cost would go up considerably :p

Best of luck :D

O

old.Wildfire

Kiarra obviously hasn't met Ludwig or any of the other regulars from the advisors in barrows :p PLing is oh-so-possible and far quicker than equivilant exping. However, you have to have the spawn to yourself to really get any great benefeit from a session. MCL, serenity e.t.c. are all also very important if you want to keep up a good rate.

E

Exinferis

when i powerlvl a lvl 10ish guy, he get 2-3 bubs per pull:cool:

O

old.Kiarra

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Kiarra obviously hasn't met Ludwig or any of the other regulars from the advisors in barrows :p PLing is oh-so-possible and far quicker than equivilant exping. However, you have to have the spawn to yourself to really get any great benefeit from a session. MCL, serenity e.t.c. are all also very important if you want to keep up a good rate.

As I said its XP over a period. Yes, if a Sorc or Cabbies has MCL AND Serenity AND can get constant good pulls from a tangler grp then XP is good, however if a pull only grabs say 10 gobbos + a tangler (con blue/yellow to level 50) then at levels below 35 the XP is less than soloing a yellow and blue in the same time frame.

You also have to take into account the number of deaths that occur, either from aggro from neighbouring pulls or pulls that go wrong. This means additional downtime and XP/hour drops.

Now that tanglers are well overcamped in prime time, the chance of getting good constant pulls is very rare, so when you weigh up everything, its as I said, your leeching XP not being Powerlevelled.

If you manage to do tanglers late at night where you can have the beach or tree spot to yourself AND there is a cleric handy (even less now that PvP has opened up) then dying can often mean releasing and loss of XP, + extended downtime.

Alas when sitting at tanglers for a short while the camp bonus goes and XP drops. All you get is the grp bonus. Also when soloing you move to another camp to get a new camp bonus.

For looking at XP per 10 mins soloing fast yellows with minimum downtime is the fastest route. Been there done it, timed it, looked at the figures....

Its why I refused a tangler or tree grps, simply because the pull rate wasnt fast enough and the XP was slower than soloing.

At level 49 Hobbes and I spent a few hours doing Danoain Farmers, it was constant fighting and I made the needed 4.x bubs in those few hours. Loot was pretty good too :D I think both Hobbes and myself made around 200g not to mention the many drops that were salvaged and have also yeilded 400g + from crafting and selling trinkets to an NPC.

Also got the very rare drop of "Mytsic Robes of Bedazzlement" AF49, +24 Hits, +12 int, +6 dex. and numerous "Jewels of Elemental Bidding"

I rest my case :p

O

old.Wildfire

Your points are valid, fine, but they're slightly out of context. Powerlevelling isn't something you can do "whenever, wherever". The two main spots are as mentioned already, the advisors in barrows, and of course the uber tanglers in lyonesse which is very popular, because it provides a mountain of cash for all participants.

Powerlevelling works great, but you can only do it at certain times. Midnight onwards works well - you can usually secure the trees or the beach with your PL group (1 theurg 2 wiz 1 cleric 1 minstrel + lowbies), and there's rarely anyone at the advisors. In a 2 hour session even a capped player will gain 4-5 levels just sitting there.

p.s. mystic robes of bedazzlement aint so rare I got mine after killing 3 moorliches :p

C

cantho

Currently playing with a lvl 22 theur and lvl16 infil together in Keltoi.

I've entered when the inf was lvl14 and green for the theurg.

Everytime when i kill a high yellow or orange with the theur, the infil got max XP. On low yellows, i got almost max xp for the infil.
Unfortunatly, since i don't have MCL yet, i still have some downtime with the theur. Got to find something on that :)

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.Kiarra

Also got the very rare drop of "Mytsic Robes of Bedazzlement" AF49, +24 Hits, +12 int, +6 dex. and numerous "Jewels of Elemental Bidding"

Very rare? Hahaha...I have about three sets of those robes and have given another four or so to low-level players and alts. I've seen at least three of the gems too.

Not dropping as often as pygmy death loot =/= rare.

a.

W

-Wedge-

Well, in the end there is no real 'powerleveling'... As the XP you get with PL'ing, is the same as someone could get in a really good group...

Just the lack of really good groups makes powerleveling more attractive... The best powerleveling there is, is the ones within 5 levels...

There might be one exception, which is Tanglers with a Cabalist...

Barrows, Advisors, should give roughly the same XP as someone would get duo'ing yellows/oranges... A good group could get you faster XP then Advisors can...

P

PKSilver_

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Well, in the end there is no real 'powerleveling'... As the XP you get with PL'ing, is the same as someone could get in a really good group...

Just the lack of really good groups makes powerleveling more attractive... The best powerleveling there is, is the ones within 5 levels...

There might be one exception, which is Tanglers with a Cabalist...

Barrows, Advisors, should give roughly the same XP as someone would get duo'ing yellows/oranges... A good group could get you faster XP then Advisors can...

hmmm lets see

at advisors i grouped my minstrel (lvl 46) with my therg (lvl 50) and my minstrel was receiving, on yellow con advisors, 16 - 22 million exp per kill. On orange con he got 22 - 35 million exp per kill. I average 4 - 5 kills (in 30 to 40 seconds) per half mana bar (when MCL is recharging) with 1 min rest.

in a twee group my minst gets 16 - 25 mill per kill from an average spot, but after a while once camp bonus stops, 16 - 19 mill per kill... with the odd 10 - 12 mill per kill for a fleeing mob. This is chain pulling mobs stood virtually on the spawn but each kill still takes longer than an advisor

so what better?? no group bonus as a duo at advisors or lower group bonus exp at twees?

W

-Wedge-

The best powerleveling there is, is the ones within 5 levels...

my minstrel (lvl 46) with my therg (lvl 50)

Thats 4 levels... Its the best 'powerleveling' there is... And wouldnt work 'that good' if it was a char different then minstrel, although it could still be better then tree's, which arent worth their HP/resists in XP...

I'm saying, a 35 or a 28 or a 20 can get better XP in a group around his own level (preferable 5 levels higer ;)) ... In a good group that is ...

Ok, the lower might cap on a kill, and the kills go reasonably fast, but unless its a minstrel or a group-unfriendly char... The lowbie could get the same or better XP in a group around his own level... (Minstrel would speed things up due to powersong)

The best 'powerlevel' is taking lowbies with you on DF-raids like Legion/High lords... Nothing can beat that XP (not even tanglers)... 7 Lowbies and 1 high level damage dealer (e.g. caster), that'll get them a level or 2 ;)... It even works at 45+, I actually saw my XP bar move on those raids...

Zerging mobs owns ;)

T

Tiarta

sorry for asking stupid, but what is Jewels of Elemental Bidding and can i get stats also ?

thanks in advance :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Tiarta
sorry for asking stupid, but what is Jewels of Elemental Bidding and can i get stats also ?

thanks in advance :)

Jewel with +2 to earth, wind, cold, fire. Drops from Danaoin Farmers. Half an hour killing them should be enough to get one.

O

old.Kerosene

I'm just pottering around with my 50 theurg at the mo with a second account. Got my friar to 19 in 3 days.

Just let the theurg pull, debuff, CC, eb and haste then let the Friar go to work. Job's a good 'en. Got a shedload of lowbie drops from soloing my way there. You'll see me in Keltoi for the next day or so :)

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Pin

Jewel with +2 to earth, wind, cold, fire. Drops from Danaoin Farmers. Half an hour killing them should be enough to get one.

Something like Ring of Forgotten Arcane Words ?

It sounds quite similar to be honest and that drops in Barrows, if I am not mistaken

E

Edaudric

Well, you could always have a wizard or theurgist to follow you.

Myself I roam around with my 10th Wizard in the Camelot Hills. Guess I should raise her a little so she's more useful :)

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
I'm just pottering around with my 50 theurg at the mo with a second account. Got my friar to 19 in 3 days.

Just let the theurg pull, debuff, CC, eb and haste then let the Friar go to work. Job's a good 'en. Got a shedload of lowbie drops from soloing my way there. You'll see me in Keltoi for the next day or so :)

with the pbaoe <point blank> team we all hit 30 in about 2 1/2 days play time.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by PKSilver_

so what better?? no group bonus as a duo at advisors or lower group bonus exp at twees?

dartmoor :)

F

Flimgoblin

I've found the best powerlevelling is a group of 7 killing oranges/reds, fast pulls, fast kills...

put the 8th member in, keep killing.

speedy :)

O

old.Wildfire

Yes but the point everyone is ignoring is that it's not possible to get the same quality of group/solo exp anywhere else in albion.

Sure, you may find a camp that, for one level, kicks ass, and you will level up really fast. Then there's a lot of wandering around, competing with other players for exp, possibly running into trouble and dying. It's not possible to find an uber camp for amazing and fast exp level after level. This is what tangler and advisor powerlevelling provides.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

This thread is so off topic now. :p

The answer still looks like 'NO', st3vi3! You, uber l33t d00dz0r, you.

Hmm...

~light bulb flashes over Sissy's head~

I have a way to settle this little bickering match! I have 2 level 9 chars on different accounts. I will log both chars on at the same time and Kiarra takes one and power levels it at the tangs for 1 hour and Wildfire power levels t'other at the Advisors. After 1 hour we can see which one has made the most progress. The winner is the uberest power leveller in the land...and I get to save myself a lot of hard work.

Hurrah for my genius at work!

P

Pin

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
~light bulb flashes over Sissy's head~

I have a way to settle this little bickering match! I have 2 level 9 chars on different accounts. I will log both chars on at the same time and Kiarra takes one and power levels it at the tangs for 1 hour and Wildfire power levels t'other at the Advisors. After 1 hour we can see which one has made the most progress. The winner is the uberest power leveller in the land...and I get to save myself a lot of hard work.

Hurrah for my genius at work!

Somehow I don't think 1 hour is long enough. I think these should be 36-hour marathon powerlevelling sessions ;) . Only then will you have had enough time to judge who is the better powerleveller (and you might have 2 good BG chars out of it).

W

-Wedge-

36 hours? Only a BG char? BG #3 perhaps...

36 hours will get you to 30-35... Rougly all levels below 30 take less then 1 hour to get... On any spot that provides enough yellows...

At the old spawnrate of Advisors you could have a 40 in about 2-3 play days... (e.g. 48-72 hours), after that, XP'ing speed goes downhill fast... Levels 45-50 took 8-12 hours each...

This is all old advisor spawnrate ofcourse... The 'good old days'...

Personally I didnt use it enough(only leveled a buff-bot 3-4 levels there), but I know a certain someone that leveled her infiltrator from 1 to 44 (I think, could be 46) at advisors...

As for Wildfire, your right about the group thing, its hard and thats why (for some people) 'powerleveling' is the way to go... But fact is, XP can be gained faster in certain groups around their own level...

P

Pin

Originally posted by -Wedge-
36 hours? Only a BG char? BG #3 perhaps...

The "36-hour marathon powerlevelling session" was not a serious comment, just a reference to someone elses request from a few months ago. :p

W

-Wedge-

;)

But people do it... lol... Sick though, I can spend like 1, 2 hours max at Advisors before I start pulling out hairs... And the person that leveled her inf, sat there for hours at a time, day after day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom