To Fix Posting PITA Firefox mobile

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Posting longer posts than fit into the text box on Firefox - focus keeps getting moved from the text you're typing to the top of the text box.

Worse is if someone else has posted because it periodically jumps to that notice rather than letting you ignore it.

Was difficult typing the long post about the Lords prepping GM-food laws in the UK in our latest dangerous race to the bottom.

Was also difficult to paste a link - had to save, then edit, then select text and tried to insert the url but the insert box kept disappearing.

(It just scrolled up higher in the text as I typed that).

In the end, I did it in chrome, but I dislike that browser. Not least because of lack of adblock plus.

(Just hit the "post thread" button and rather than posting the thread it scrolled to the top of this post...)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am collating all the issues for when the style author is available to have a look at them.

Btw, I use FF with uBlock Origin and uMatrix....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll keep an eye and check it's not all just fat fingered me :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Posting on the laptop (FF, Adblock Plus) - working fine and dandy thanks @Deebs.

Mobile? Not so much - now I've got a proper keyboard I'll type a better description.

Long posts - it's definitely switching focus higher up the screen - which means I can type a few words then have to manually scroll back down as it keeps pushing focus back up.

Linking - if I click the link button, then try to paste a URL into the box that pops up, the pop-up box disappears - so I can't link :(

At the moment that makes posting on mobile a total ball ache as I try to link to as much stuff as possible if I'm trying to support an argument (or make a joke).

But yeah - understand you use FF and don't see it. Maybe a galaxy s10 thang?

Again, works in chrome, annoyingly :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Posting on the laptop (FF, Adblock Plus) - working fine and dandy thanks @Deebs.

Mobile? Not so much - now I've got a proper keyboard I'll type a better description.

Long posts - it's definitely switching focus higher up the screen - which means I can type a few words then have to manually scroll back down as it keeps pushing focus back up.

Linking - if I click the link button, then try to paste a URL into the box that pops up, the pop-up box disappears - so I can't link :(

At the moment that makes posting on mobile a total ball ache as I try to link to as much stuff as possible if I'm trying to support an argument (or make a joke).

But yeah - understand you use FF and don't see it. Maybe a galaxy s10 thang?

Again, works in chrome, annoyingly :(
As I mentioned before as soon as the style author is back from baby duty I will engage with him. So keep the reports coming.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Scouse was reading about the new 2.2 features coming along and I spotted the following message which could be what you are experiencing?

1592282606575.png

Off to do some more research....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom