Posters?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm redoing my house 'cause I'm hoping to rent it out next year and make a run for it - straight out of this godforsaken country.

Colour of choice? Magnolia :(

Has to be done though. You have to choose neutral colours because renters can all too easily be put off a whole house if they see a colour they don't like. It's also handy because when the scummers leave it's a quick once over with the same paint and bob's yer uncle - new walls again!

However, it is going to make me feel like I'm living in a padded cell so I need a couple of really interesting posters that I can whack in glass frames to give a bit of colour to the place.

I don't just want to google search and go through the standard prints tho and figured you lot must have purchased something interesting along these lines at some point.

If you've got alternative suggestions to posters then I'm all ears!

Helps please! :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Get a couple of pictures from arnie 2 tone .... Damini's brother :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Buy Posters, Art Prints and Art Posters at AllPosters.co.uk

These guys are very good, and they have a huge selection and all different sizes. Their mailing list is unforgiving and they seem to have a sale every other day, but I have bought a few things from them.

I picked up a couple of paintings at decent prices when I was at the London Sci-fi convention last year, one of Audrey Hepburn and one of Wonder Woman posing very seductively indeed. They had plenty of other themes as well (4warddesigns)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't do Magnolia, renters do not like it. You can do neutral without being boring and uniform.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Reminds me of my dad:

Dad: Ya we painted downstairs
Me: Oh really what colour?
Dad: Beige
Me: Oh......nice

Where you running to/from scouse?

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I kinda like Luis Royo, but then, I am a pervert.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Really like the "Force by Northwest" one, but looking for something a bit bigger :)

Where you running to/from scouse?

Running from the UK (Nottingham at the moment) to somewhere.

I just want out. I pretty much detest the UK at the moment. Always wanted to travel so....

Go to hardware store, ask for WHITE paint, paint room.

Hmmmm. House of THX1138 eh? Perhaps not ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Actually white is not a bad idea, it's cheaper than even magnolia, and it makes your rooms look bigger.

Anyway, if you want to be different, but still neutral, go with shades off light blue/ grey/ green.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Scouse - come to Canterbury. We're lovely down here. And we have enough foreign tourists in the town that you can pretend you're abroad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Aren't you always moaning about the amount of Chavdom and associated attacks there Dams? Lovely? :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse - come to Canterbury. We're lovely down here. And we have enough foreign tourists in the town that you can pretend you're abroad.

Certainly sounds cheaper than what I've got in mind ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I love these " retro games as propaganda" ones from ThinkGeek

donkey_kong.jpg

If you do a search for artwork/posters on i09.com you can find some really innovative artwork from time to time.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I always thought you cant go wrong with a couple fo classic movies posters well embedded in a fancy frame.

I have "Metropolis" and "La dolce vita"

metropolis.jpg

dolce-vita.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Poster wise btw, bikini girls, nakid wimmins, hot females etc.

You know you want to!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I love these " retro games as propaganda" ones from ThinkGeek

I like the tron one loads. Got a few t-shirts from thinkgeek :)

I've already got a few film posters Vasconcelos, a really cool sixties Bond one and a The Good, The Bad and The Ugly one (amongst others). Need something different tho I think.

Poster wise btw, bikini girls, nakid wimmins, hot females etc.

I've teh internets for pr0n - and have no desire to cockblock myself due to art as chosen by a fifteen-year-old :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah, just walls full of landing strips tend to put the laydeez off.

Plus, the bird may object ;)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
THANKS alot for the allposter homepage, some of their vintage motivational posters are superb! Bitching expensive though.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Aren't you always moaning about the amount of Chavdom and associated attacks there Dams? Lovely? :D

I think that's just my road, Wazzer. I also found my neighbour naked in my front garden before Christmas. I'm at the epicentre. Beyond, Canterbury is lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom