Postbit - One for Deebs

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Postbit: Horizontal

i can see that written next to everyones names where the location usually is.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Its a cheese based addition to the forum. I can't fault it, we definitely need far more cheese related things on here.

I faxed Deebs and demanded he did it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
met a dodgy while out on the prowl tris-?

Will

/bin/su
I think its an error from Deebs enabling the change of layout.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I think tris- means your preference is appearing on the side of the posts under your avatar:

postbit.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
correct. it is saying how i view the forums.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Erm, I've changed it from Horizontal to Vertical and back a few times and both versions look exactly the same. Has anyone got any screenies of what a "horizontal" and "vertical" should look like?

Will

/bin/su
Vertical should be vB default position, and horizontal should be old style with the user boxes on the left (as in Sheepcow's picture).

Will

/bin/su
Btw Deebs, I knew you'd made this change, but I'm confused why it should show in the users details. I wasn't expecting it to happen, hence why I assumed it was an error.

DaGaffer

Vertical should be vB default position, and horizontal should be old style with the user boxes on the left (as in Sheepcow's picture).

Yeah...I'm not getting that.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
It would appear that this mod is different to the old one, and doesn't actually do anything.

No matter what I'm staying in "vertical" mode (which means the poster info is on the left), even when it says I'm in "horizontal" mode (which means the poster info is at the top).

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
It would appear that this mod is different to the old one, and doesn't actually do anything.

No matter what I'm staying in "vertical" mode (which means the poster info is on the left), even when it says I'm in "horizontal" mode (which means the poster info is at the top).

same with me. I was wondering though. is the forum implying I am as high as I am broad? I thought that was just Jupitus?

Will

/bin/su
Which theme? I'm running the FH green, and it works for me when I change. Though I'm used to the horizontal layout nowadays and I'm sticking with it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Working for me. Using FH, Protonis themes.

Edit. Works under the default style too. Just found a little bug mind. When in vertical mode and you quick reply your post is horizontal until you refresh the page.

DaGaffer

Whatever the bug is, its not related to themes; I'm currently in default and it didn't work, and it doesn't in FH green either.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Hmm.

People experiencing the bug have you previously set the forum to a different style (back when the original mod was in)? I set mine ages (years) ago to be vertical and the new mod doesn't work for me.

Deebs did you use the old one or not? Maybe it's only broken for people that did

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have used a new field for this mod.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The answer is in there and it is NOT an error.
Having the option is fine, being able to change the layout is good, BUT

Why do we need to know what layout everyone is using? It makes no difference to me whether you are using horiz or vert, just as it makes no difference to me what theme you use. Displaying this info under avatars/etc is an error: or a brainfart. Take yer pick :m00:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am curious at the moment as to who is using what. It won't be there forever that I can tell you.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I am curious at the moment as to who is using what. It won't be there forever that I can tell you.

I still haven't noticed any difference between horiz or vertical, if someone could produce a screenshot of what it should look like please? :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jinglebells,

I believe it is due to cookies. Do me a favour, clear all your cookies for freddyshouse.com, set the postbit to vertical and check this post. Your name/avatar should be on the left hand side of your actual post.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Jinglebells,

I believe it is due to cookies. Do me a favour, clear all your cookies for freddyshouse.com, set the postbit to vertical and check this post. Your name/avatar should be on the left hand side of your actual post.
Well, I finally saw the differences, but not by just deleting my cookies.

If I logged out I got to see the horizontal view, but as soon as I logged in it reverted to vertical, and didn't change when I ticked/unticked the box in the user options page.

See the attachments for the results, the vertical layout is much nicer, so atm I couldn't care less about it not working properly, as it's defaulted to the best look.

Attachments

• logged-in.png
    logged-in.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 17
  • logged-out.png
    logged-out.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom