Post-processing video

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hi, I've been fiddling around with the camera on my Galaxy S2 and I have questions.

1) Is there anything anywhere that can do horizon correction in videos? I have no idea how it work or if it's even possible but I envisage it would be like the horizon correction in Lightroom (where the finished crop stays straight and the background rotates around it) but you would have to go through the video and set keyframes for the crop and rotation I suppose? Whenever I search for anything like "horizon correction in videos", Google shows me videos about how to correct horizons in photos. :(

2) If I have a subject that's not ever so close and there is a lot of dead space around in the frame, but the subject moves, is it possible to have a crop that you can move around to follow the subject? On the recently remastered World at War Blu-ray set, in the extras they showed how they remastered the bouncing bomb scene and he was tracking the movement of the bomb (and reframing the image) on the fly on his spangly proprietary system. I don't suppose anything like that has filtered down to the masses?

Just ponderances really, would be helpful stuff though if it exists. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Use After Effects, easy enough with keyframes and rotation.

Sony Vegas will also do the same thing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Thanks Tom.

Turns out to be a heap of work but I now know there is motion stabilisation and other lovely stuff in After Effects (including keyframing which can control cropping and rotation etc) but.. well.. unfortunately I don't have After Effects. :) Doesn't appear to be a freeware alternative so I might be naughty just to play around with it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Use After Effects, easy enough with keyframes and rotation.

Sony Vegas will also do the same thing.

These.

I have AE and Sony Vegas Pro for my video editing, not that I do too much complex stuff with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom