possibly best birthday present ever?

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Nice apart from crap PSU and cheap gaming case buy a better case and buy a well branded PSU with at least 30A on the 12v, multiple 12V rails that add up past 30A(amps) are better then singles. Otherwise you’re going to be hitting a lot of problems. I would recommend you buy Enermax or FSP don’t go buying some cheap branded shit you want to spend at lest £60 on a PSU for that system preferably 80.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Power_Supplies.html

Yoshimo

Fledgling Freddie
bleh, all these parts except the case, were selected in a gaming PC tech forum.
also this PSU was recommended by Komplett and got 5 stars out of 5 by every review.
Oo after hours and hours of hate filled debate!

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Yoshimo said:
bleh, all these parts except the case, were selected in a gaming PC tech forum.
also this PSU was recommended by Komplett and got 5 stars out of 5 by every review.
Oo after hours and hours of hate filled debate!
Totally up to you I'm just giving you my thought and I’ve seen and read too many bad PSU experiences in my time, that gaming case looks terrible and it's cheap and its small it was on OcUK for about 2 years and no one bought it :)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
Using the older version of the psu myself, mine just dosnt have the glowy lights on it, and ive never had any problems with it.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Coolan said:
Using the older version of the psu myself, mine just dosnt have the glowy lights on it, and ive never had any problems with it.
On the same system he has?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Tagan are amongst the best branded psus actually....

You'll need a bit more watts though, go for around 500w to be safe.

Go for a lian-li case/coolermaster/antec too.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Sycho said:
Tagan are amongst the best branded psus actually....

You'll need a bit more watts though, go for around 500w to be safe.

Go for a lian-li case/coolermaster/antec too.
Yes there a nice brand but it's just not up to the job. Wattage doesn't mean shit its purely down to the amp's on each rails and +12V is the most important i.e there is a 400W Tagan PSU that is 3x stronger then some 600W crap branded piece of shit you paid £20 for. NVIDIA recommands at least a 20A on +12v on the PSU for 9050 so you will probbly need 25A / 30A to have a nice stable system with some overclocking protenial.

This is a good piece of text imo

The recommended total Power Supply Wattage gives you a general idea on what to look for BUT it is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection! Total Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important, followed by the +5V amperage and then the +3.3V amperage. Example: PSU you want to buy has 400W total wattage output but only has 16A on +12V rail. But your configuration might require 20A on +12V rail.

Please read the following power supply review (silentpcreview.com) site before you buy one of the very important pieces of computer hardware - power supply.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Wattage means more than you think, however unstable rails do suck ass but still i would say tagan/ocz/enermax/antec are best psus, there is no best out of those in my view.

Yes of course these branded ones are better than the shit you get in pre built pcs or those non branded ones aswell, i've had a few tagan/antec psus and all been stable.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Sycho said:
Wattage means more than you think, however unstable rails do suck ass but still i would say tagan/ocz/enermax/antec are best psus, there is no best out of those in my view.

Yes of course these branded ones are better than the shit you get in pre built pcs or those non branded ones aswell, i've had a few tagan/antec psus and all been stable.
I would agree that tagan/ocz/enermax/antec/FSP are the best PSUs, my favourite is Enermax. Didn’t you ever get taught that the current means everything in power? :)

The dirt cheap Tagan here is a nice 1, - Tagan TG430-U15 430W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU (CA-007-TG)
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Tagan_Power_Supplies.html

Dual 12v 20A each. 1 of them rails is nearly bigger the only 12v rail in the Tagan PSU in the list.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
# AMD Athlon 64 FX-62
# Foxconn C51XEM2AA
# 2x Corsair Corsair XMS2-6400C4 1 GB
# Silverstone ST56F 560W
# Seagate Barracuda SATA V 120 GB

X-2006070518242868752.png

Results in wats, lepo=idle, rasitus=pressure. 12v rails are what matters the most :cool:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I know rails are what matters most just that gimmly said watts meaned shit which isn't true. :p

I've been using pc components for 5 years now so have quite a good amount of experience with them but as usual when you post something on forums people try to twist your words by saying stuff you never said. :p

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
I know rails are what matters most just that gimmly said watts meaned shit which isn't true. :p

I've been using pc components for 5 years now so have quite a good amount of experience with them but as usual when you post something on forums people try to twist your words by saying stuff you never said. :p
If you dont twist Gimmly's words you might notice that he didn't say wattage means shit, he said wattage means shit if the rails are shit :cool: As for me, well, I never said you dont know about rails, I just posted a picture proving wattage means less than you think.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Sycho said:

I never twisted, you twisted mine :p but yeah obviously the wattage plays a big part behind ampage.

5 years? what a noob xD

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Saggy said:
If you dont twist Gimmly's words you might notice that he didn't say wattage means shit, he said wattage means shit if the rails are shit :cool: As for me, well, I never said you dont know about rails, I just posted a picture proving wattage means less than you think.

I already knew how much gfx cards used.

Gimmly, note the word " using". :p

I am not arguing with anyone here as i am too old for that but just a misunderstanding however we both seem to agree with what brands are good for psus and that's important to be honest...i've had non branded psus last a few months sometimes whereas an antec/tagan 3 years or so.(with heavy pc useage this is)

Yoshimo try to go for a brand mentioned.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
I already knew how much gfx cards used.
Then I'm sure you realize that those tests weren't about how much gfx-cards use juice, it was about how much that computer uses with different gfx-cards and the point being that even with 7950GX2 @ Quad Sli it doesn't take 400w.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
in answer to ur question gimmly
Asus A8n-Sli Premium
amd 4000+ @ 2.6ghz
2x BFG 7800gt's
1gig ram
3hd's cant remember exacts without checking and tbh cba :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Coolan said:
in answer to ur question gimmly
Asus A8n-Sli Premium
amd 4000+ @ 2.6ghz
2x BFG 7800gt's
1gig ram
3hd's cant remember exacts without checking and tbh cba :)
With the Tagan PSU with the single 22A 12v rail he posted? Yea I am sure you do mate I would re check you're specs. For that setup you just posted you would need at least 30A to even boot it. My setup is similar:
Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI
Amd 3700 @ 2.9ghz
1x BFG 7800gt OC, 510 MHz core and 1200 MHz memory.
1 gig PC3200
2 SATA drives in raid 0.

My PSU is an Akasa 460W with Dual 15A 12v rails that I have had for over a year or so. Because my PSU capacitors are ageing I get power alarms when booting from standby because of the overclock, it's only still stable because it's Akasa and it was a damn good PSU. It only dropped in price £20-30 in 2 years. Yet you're saying you're running Sli and overclocked Duel Core CPU on 22A lol?

Yoshimo said:
I prefer the Gainward you had in the first place and I personally wouldn't buy anything that has MSI on it. But it's a nice system with either cards so go for it.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
dont need to recheck specs i built the pc myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom