Possible subscription losses in EU?

karrion

Fledgling Freddie
Making a review of a game, playing the beta, would be kinda dumb, wouldnt it? Since beta means unfinished.. Thats like reviewing a car that have no seats yet..
I agree.. But its what people do. Everyone wants to be the first the review any game you have probably already read some "exclusive first look"s yourself ;)

On another note.. I have just come from reading the post from IANC over at Warhammer Alliance. IMO it takes alot to admit to your mistakes and although I dont believe some of the excuses it certainly makes me a little more confident this wont happen again.

I look forward to the future and really hope that they manage to turn things aorund cos on the surface it seems like a really great game and it would be a shame to see it cast onto the pile with the other failiures due to a customer-service issue.

Bluetribal

Fledgling Freddie
I also read Mark has mentioned that GOA is thinking about compensation to those who pre-ordered with open beta access.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
US client incoming:

*** rTorrent 0.6.4 - libTorrent 0.10.4 ***
[View: main]
* WarBeta
* 2911.7 / 9564.7 MB Rate: 500.7 / 513.5 KB Uploaded: 4510.9 MB [30%]

TreD

Fledgling Freddie
All this its only a beta lmao look folks this game is 1 week away from actual launch and they will change nothing much in game from now until then so no its not a beta in the true sense its a server beta not a game beta.Goa made an absolute mess of this OB and is anyone really going to input there credit card details into a system that this bunch of idiots designed? i certainly wont.If i decide to play the game come lauch and thats a big IF (nothing to do with the actual game im afraid we will continue to recieve aweful service from GOA) i'll be useing game time cards.In the end there is no excuses for the complete shambles that has been war europes open beta, no one can defend GOA (including the people who love to add a lil spin) i fear they have already damaged the games chances in europe massively.We all told them to put up the key reg system a week before ob started no one listened and look what happened.I for one think we deserve at least a few comments from mythic with reguards to this mess.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
You really think Mythic will release those?

B2T: I was very disappointed by GOAs performance on sunday, however I planned ahead and had a lot of other stuff to do as I expected them to fail. I logged in every two to three hours to see if anything changed, then moved to do something different. In the end I was able to play from about 23:30 CET, so at least the promise of a sunday start was kept for me.

Given the trouble GOA went thru, I dont believe we will see this kind of crap at headstart, which is all that counts for me, so if there are no more major fukkups I will sub and play the game. GOA will have to climb quite a mountain to regain faith in their competence, but I am not sure if that is one of their priorities. Please note that, if my former assumption is correct, I dont blame them. Its a company that needs to make cash, so they ll do whatever is necessary to help that cause. Fine by me actually.

Bottom line: WAR rokks. It needs more than one fukkup to prevent me playing it. And no, due to latency, timezone and difficulties getting the client with subscription, I dont like to play US servers anymore.

Why would they not release the server? they already made several posts about it, think they call the server orgins or something can read about it on herald...think i read somewhere release date is 18sep for the server.

Old emain,no vamps etc etc god game and best pvp ever

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Why would they not release the server? they already made several posts about it, think they call the server orgins or something can read about it on herald...think i read somewhere release date is 18sep for the server.

Old emain,no vamps etc etc god game and best pvp ever

I read about it, too, however I have not much faith in Mythic about releasing it anytime soon. Its a rather big project for a game that attracts only a very small portion of very hardcore fans. Why should they assign any meaningful manpower to make that project happen?

Especially the date makes me very sceptical. Do you really believe they will open the new (and maybe last) hope for DAoC on the very same day WAR opens its doors? Looks like cannibalizing (sp?) on your own ressources. If they release that game, I am sure its after WAR has had some time to manifest a playerbase.

All speculation of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom