STATS FOR MID
Online 30 mins
kills 2
Deathblows 2

STATS FOR ALB
Online 28 mins
Kills 0
Deaths 2

I Know its only 2 kills... but i pm the wiz when i saw the dms... cos for dms in such a strange place at 2am ona weekday morning... was odd.. so i found em.. and the mid was AFK in the water (musta been waiting for wiz return).
when i pm wiz to ask her.. she reckons she was in that part of pennines solo rvr at 2am.
i personally think its a load of bolox. same time online.. same stats but oposite... going to same obscure area of Pennines .. at such a late time (not as if coulda tried rvr elsewhere cos even HW had no1 in it).. so why would she goto VERY bottom of ALbion coast to solo RVR?

WHAT U THINK ? not gonna name names or guilds... but i personally think this sux and was a blatant attempt to RP Farm (had i not caught em)..

your thoughts?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
QuickStix said:
RR7 Wiz
RR4 Tank

2am ... in the water bottom left corner near surs t4

STATS FOR MID
Online 30 mins
kills 2
Deathblows 2

STATS FOR ALB
Online 28 mins
Kills 0
Deaths 2

I Know its only 2 kills... but i pm the wiz when i saw the dms... cos for dms in such a strange place at 2am ona weekday morning... was odd.. so i found em.. and the mid was AFK in the water (musta been waiting for wiz return).
when i pm wiz to ask her.. she reckons she was in that part of pennines solo rvr at 2am.
i personally think its a load of bolox. same time online.. same stats but oposite... going to same obscure area of Pennines .. at such a late time (not as if coulda tried rvr elsewhere cos even HW had no1 in it).. so why would she goto VERY bottom of ALbion coast to solo RVR?

WHAT U THINK ? not gonna name names or guilds... but i personally think this sux and was a blatant attempt to RP Farm (had i not caught em)..

your thoughts?

Difficult one, perhaps rather than rp farming the purpose was simply to test something (as we dont get a test server). Debateable whether the test required death, but we'll never know.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Just rightnow it and let goa worry about it if it bothers you that much, all that did was tip em off. Pretty crappy rp farming if so anyhow, get em the normal way and have fun.

Anyhooows, remember a brief time when the frontier was fully utilised and you got kills in odd places. Givf back artie lvling in frontier zones.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
QuickStix said:
WHAT U THINK ?

a) someone wanted to test something b) someone just wanted mcl for easier pve leveling c) you cant farm that any way fast since you dont get full rps for killing same character within 10 minutes (of APK-run rule :))

Cromcruaich said:
Difficult one, perhaps rather than rp farming the purpose was simply to test something (as we dont get a test server). Debateable whether the test required death, but we'll never know.

indeed, giev g0rre!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda things been goin on for years tbh , dunno why people worry about it anymore, sure its cheating, but cmon your not goin to farm the same amount of RP ud ever get from doin a night of irvr somewhere. Rightnowing it, will just result in 2 more people gone from Daoc and were dwindling enuf as it is.

I dont condone it, but at the same time, i dont care if peeps do it, and to the original poster, yes i agree they prolly were trying to rp farm, but also i agree with the other poster , it could well be that he was desperate for some ability to help him out , doesnt excuse it ofc, but i can see why something like an Armsman would like First Aid/ IP to help him lvl with no bot, or in casters case MCL (Tho Mcl1 is so shit why bother, get tinderboxes ftw ^^ )

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Lol i make it sound like it was me..

~Not possible however as my account was logged off , i dont own a wiz and mst importantly , to rp farm someone , u need a friend :(

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
a) someone wanted to test something b) someone just wanted mcl for easier pve leveling c) you cant farm that any way fast since you dont get full rps for killing same character within 10 minutes (of APK-run rule :))

indeed, giev g0rre!
A) NOPE .. when i pulled him he said... i was solo rvr and the mid chased me and killed me.

b) regardles of which ra he wanted (mid was the one killing.. alb dying.) if rp farming it sux.

c) If sum1 desperate for rp dont think they would mind dwindling rps. :( from where they was farmin it would take 5-10 mins to return there each run.

p.s at mealoch yea i was lvling my theurgs artifacts when i saw the dms and thought how odd it was.

when i pm the wiz he coudnt giv a valid explination all he said was he was solo rvr there cos it was a boat drop off haha.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Kinda things been goin on for years tbh , dunno why people worry about it anymore, sure its cheating, but cmon your not goin to farm the same amount of RP ud ever get from doin a night of irvr somewhere. Rightnowing it, will just result in 2 more people gone from Daoc and were dwindling enuf as it is.

I dont condone it, but at the same time, i dont care if peeps do it, and to the original poster, yes i agree they prolly were trying to rp farm, but also i agree with the other poster , it could well be that he was desperate for some ability to help him out , doesnt excuse it ofc, but i can see why something like an Armsman would like First Aid/ IP to help him lvl with no bot, or in casters case MCL (Tho Mcl1 is so shit why bother, get tinderboxes ftw ^^ )

aye i know what ya saying.. but someof us work hard to get rps....but cheating is cheating :) sometimes i can logon my friar spend 2-3 hrs runing around trying to find solo fights to getpwnd by fgs over n over.. whilst some mupett sat in a corner of realm getting rps for free :) yes 2 more peeps be gone from daoc.. but if cheat was more serious like radar or speedhacks etc they be gone also.. dont make it any less lame tho

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
I once met a solo Cleric trying to take a Hild Tower and about 15 mins later when I ran at the lil' lake's shore I saw 2 Albs with a FoP... and this made me wonder... for both.

Don't know what that was... strange things happen. If I would have get the same realm mission I'd be sure I would have looked to find that cleric again and try another 1o1... which would have took place well within 30 mins then.

Hm.

Can be everything. At that place, with 2hrs+ played and 10+ deathblows/deaths I'd start to get suspicious... stay cool.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
QuickStix said:
A) NOPE .. when i pulled him he said... i was solo rvr and the mid chased me and killed me.

b) regardles of which ra he wanted (mid was the one killing.. alb dying.) if rp farming it sux.

c) If sum1 desperate for rp dont think they would mind dwindling rps. :( from where they was farmin it would take 5-10 mins to return there each run.

p.s at mealoch yea i was lvling my theurgs artifacts when i saw the dms and thought how odd it was.

when i pm the wiz he coudnt giv a valid explination all he said was he was solo rvr there cos it was a boat drop off haha.

Well just coz he appeared to lie, doesnt mean that he was deliberatley rp farming, might of just given stock response under pressure.

Anyhow, personally it doesnt particularly bother me, reasons for which others have covered in this thread. Couple of years ago I might of had some kind of zealous indignation, but not now.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Now I think I've seen it all, Watch out people the RP police might catch you.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh noes the world will surely end because some one got caught farming teh arpees.... rightnow it :p gimmly got perma banned for the same offence i believe

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm with just running assassin missions you can probably get higher rps/hour than farming a single char.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Report the person if it bothers u that much ... but atleast be fortright enough to give the person a warning that u know what they are doing :D

I will admit in the past i have killed my 50 alts on hib once each on another toon to ding say rr2 or so to get moparry3 on a tank or mcl on a caster ... some might disagree but it happens and its certainly not worth it past that as was mentioned above u would get more rps with i-rvr and its not worth a ban ;)

P.S. Please dont report me :touch:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Was a level 20 skald killing a level 50 cleric repeatedly once in a obscure area of snowdonia as well.

Rightnow dealt with that one, just like it should deal with yours if its true.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Aqe said:
Hmm with just running assassin missions you can probably get higher rps/hour than farming a single char.

Yer, what Aqe said =) RP farming from an RR7 to an RR4 is just a waste of time and if he wants to RP the hard way, why not :p

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
lolz i remember a rr1 lvl 44 shadowblade in hadrians OF i went there solo on my warrior ran to hib keep saw him farming his m8 he went i bought the account on the other realm to get DODGER 2 HONEST i was like wtf u suck lying bastard but meh

Olly

Loyal Freddie
Konstantin said:
Jag tror han är gnagare och suger negerballe hela sitt liv!

means - "i think he is a rodent sucking "black mans"(as the offending slang is banned) cock all his life".

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
QuickStix said:
aye i know what ya saying.. but someof us work hard to get rps....but cheating is cheating :) sometimes i can logon my friar spend 2-3 hrs runing around trying to find solo fights to getpwnd by fgs over n over.. whilst some mupett sat in a corner of realm getting rps for free :) yes 2 more peeps be gone from daoc.. but if cheat was more serious like radar or speedhacks etc they be gone also.. dont make it any less lame tho

Cheating isn't just cheating. Some "cheats" hurts the public, while other just help one single person achive something easier. Radar hurts the public as it helps getting easy rps from other people playing this game, as you probably can see what angle they come from. Speedhack hurts in the same way, as it helps you win in some situations where you else would've lost. Same with cone abusing in keeps.

Tbh if this is actually farmage, it would still be crap, as there's a cooldown on from when you get full rps from when you'd killed him. 2 (1?) less people when the cluster is in such a bad state, is something I would rather avoid, but up to you. Must confess I can't see it through your eyes... is it the fact that YOU have worked hard on getting YOUR rp's, and that YOU feel it's not fair if people has it's easier than YOU? (because, this doesn't really hurt you in any other way)

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Xajin said:
is it the fact that YOU have worked hard on getting YOUR rp's, and that YOU feel it's not fair if people has it's easier than YOU? (because, this doesn't really hurt you in any other way)

yup
yup
yup

but it can hurt my .. if i was to meet him the nextday after he has farmed for purge.. or i.p ... because that dick got his rps the easy way...he may not of beat me.

yes some of you say he dont get that many rp.. have ya tried solo as a visual? it can be hard to get rps due to all duo/trio/s fgs etc that never show mercy on a soloer. sometimes i do struggle to get 10krp an hour due to being constantly zerged. by fg's.. when some muppett can get a shit loads rps for killing his cross realm alt in an obscure location for no effort at all and no frustration of being zerged all the time :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Zzz... Noticed some early morning RP farmings once. Players who had like 12 deathblows, no deaths, on low level/rr chars. I tried to find them first, to get some RPs by killing them or by killing their victims but didn't succeed. PM'ed then the Alb (other was Hib) and had a funny convo.

He said he pwns on his level 44 scout really hard, I told him he could at least go anonymous :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom