Possible NEW version of Final Fantasy VII coming to steam

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/21/report-final-fantasy-vii-coming-to-steam

"A new version of Final Fantasy VII containing a wealth of additional features could soon be available on Steam.

The users over at the GOG Forum spotted that Square Enix registered the domain FinalFantasyVIIPC.com on June 15th. Though the site has since been taken down, it can still be viewed in Google's cache.
According to the information gleaned before the site was culled, this new version will include 36 achievements, cloud saving functionality, and also online profiles so you can compare progress with your friends. The digital download was slated to cost £7.99/€9.99.
While the company hasn't spoken out to confirm the existence of the PC version, character designer Tetsuya Nomura recently suggested that new titles would "take precedence" over a remake of the much-loved classic. Desire for a remastering has remained high since a tech demo for the PlayStation 3 showed Cloud, Aerith and the bustling streets of Midgar in High Definition."

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/final_...y_vii_set_for_steam_release_reveals_leak.html

/fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ooooooh. No wait....OOOOOOOOH!

First game(more modern) i actually finished.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Their new FF titles haven't done that well though from what i've understood, so maybe they just want to claw some cash back and try again... :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The new ones aren't that good, that's why.

Not sure I care much about this, I have 7, 8 and 9 on my phone so certainly wouldn't buy them.

Money for old rope as they say.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Only way I'd be interested is if they made the game more challenging.

If it was as challenging as this I'd buy it on the spot.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Giving bosses 3 attacks wouldnt make the game hard per say tho? it would just make it silly, it would mean you would have to stack final attack with phoenix or life just to guarantee survival because in those 3 attacks they could wipe out your team :l then it just becomes a game of RNG luck.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tis now 100% official

I don't care if I could get it on an emulator really, i'll still buy this for both nostalgia and because i'm curious about the achievements etc.

Cloud Saves - confirms steam
Optimized for PC - confirms its the PSX version

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_en/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

In Midgar, a city controlled by the mega-conglomerate Shinra Inc., the No. 1 Mako Reactor has been blown up by a rebel group, AVALANCHE.
AVALANCHE was secretly formed to wage a rebellion against Shinra Inc., an organisation which is absorbing Mako energy, destroying the natural resources of the planet. Cloud, a former member of Shinra´s elite combat force, SOLDIER, was involved with the bombing of the Mako Reactor. Can Cloud and AVALANCHE protect the planet from the huge, formidable enemy, Shinra Inc.?

Features

The RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII returns to PC, now with brand new online features!

Achievements – Whether you´re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

Cloud Saves – If you´re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off (Requires Internet Connection).

Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Actually it will NOT be on steam, twitter post by squareenix said it wouldnt be on steam and more info would be released at a later date... it has cloud saves tho so does this mean square might be unveiling a steam like service?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've been thinking about it lately and i don't think i'll be getting this. Even if it's one of the best games i've played, i'm thinking it's due to when i played it, more then about what the game itself was.

If i played it today, the blockhead trianglepeople miight not tell the story as well as i remember they told it and it might ruin it, also as i've grown up, tastes and siuch have changed. This is probably one of the titles i'll leave behind rose tinted goggles and live in ignorant bliss about :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't really see the point still.

Character Boost? What?!?! take away a major part of the game, the aquesition of items and the levelling of materia.
Achievements? Pointless
Cloudsaves? Pointless

Why don't they release a final fantasy game that is actually good instead of recycling old stuff? It stopped being good with X-2

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't really see the point still.

Character Boost? What?!?! take away a major part of the game, the aquesition of items and the levelling of materia.
Achievements? Pointless
Cloudsaves? Pointless

Why don't they release a final fantasy game that is actually good instead of recycling old stuff? It stopped being good with X-2

I must admit the built in cheats I didn't really get either, its not as if final fantasy vii was ever hard. Also I live in hopes of them making a real final fantasy game again, starting to get a little tired of the lack of exploring you can do in final fantasy games now, they may as well just rename the fucking franchise to Final Corridor.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Just started playing the version you posted Blood. Looking good so far, you start with much lower hp etc so maybe the game will be abit more challenging.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sadness and Back row are your best friends on that mode :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Even if good gameplay takes a game far, i hope they do a thorough work over of the graphics....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom