Possible F2P incoming for SWOTOR

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Did they ever fix Ilum or did they give up on open world PvP?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I guess the games now gone...

attachment.php

...free to gay.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Upcoming expansion but tbh doesn't really look much cop, just more of the same. Still sitting on top of a dire F2P model.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Did they ever fix Ilum or did they give up on open world PvP?

when I tried out the ftp version with my old acc it is pretty crappy in that there was less then 5 people on ilum(pvp and daily areas) /corelia/black hole/belsavis areas, all this game is is going from 0-50 then standing on fleet spamming for a FP group or doing warzones and unless your a subscriber your limitied to each weekly. Needing to be a sub/pay for pvp armour you get from wz's sucks to since you would have to pay for warzones, I ended going 1-31 as it is good to level up in the swtor game but gave up as I so what I had/couldnt do at 50.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You get a free set of pvp armor once you ding 50. Unsure if that's only for subs or not though...

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Yea you do, save the fact that if you are f2p then you can't activate it and the only way to do that is sub, I should know, I dinged 50 a few weeks ago on that game. Such a ball ache doing it f2p but then it's hard mode and I don't play games that are for losers :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ah ok, i dinged 50 on my first toon after f2p and got both the pvp set and 99 tokens to buy a full armor set of the t1 (rakata?) armor as well... xD

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Got a 'Here's some freebies' email from EA a few days ago, decided to download again and have a look.

There are no freebies. The F2P model is still crazily expensive. I logged on late Sunday morning and the Imperial space station was a ghost town. You can't get to the new cap level without buying the add-on, "Rise of the Hutt Cartel". Logged off.

Poag

m00?
If you chuck in a months sub they give you the expansion for "free".

I'm playing atm on Red Eclipse. Doing Makeb mostly solo a few missions each evening. Enjoying it immensely so far!

Uriel, Imperial Agent.....murdering you in your home.... :devil:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yea i havent touched it in ages, log in to PAY THIS, PAY THAT, BUY UNLOCK FOR THIS..

cant really use AH, toon looks like shit cos you cant /helm toggle, OR unify colours.. makes me log, NOT want to pay /shrug

Poag

m00?
I've never had this problem, when i was subbed or not....as i had a preferred account :D So i got most of the Subs perks without a sub.

I do admit they've done a weird payment model. But imo the story and character interactions makes up for a month or two of subs. Hoping this time around to get some raiding in aswell.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i have a "previous sub" thingy account aswell, didnt seem to do shit :/

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
im playing f2p.. and im having loads of fun :D good game actually! am on red eclipse as albion :p

Poag

m00?
FYI, even if you dont play atm but may in the future. Put a security key on your account. Either the physical one of the phone one.

They give you 200 cartel points a month for doing this. I made a secondary account, put a key on it and use it to generate points to buy packs...which i then trade to my main. They sell for about 350k so are worth it for cash income or items.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Just make sure that you will never ever change phones if you get the mobile app, because moving it to the new phone is a fucking pain in the ass.

You can not do this in the account center or google store (unsure about iphones), you have to make an international phone call (unless you're living in UK, Germany and France iirc), and do it that way. Which for people like me who only have a mobile phone with a prepaid card can be insanely expensive. And worse yet if you're bad at speaking English.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just make sure that you will never ever change phones if you get the mobile app, because moving it to the new phone is a fucking pain in the ass.

You can not do this in the account center or google store (unsure about iphones), you have to make an international phone call (unless you're living in UK, Germany and France iirc), and do it that way. Which for people like me who only have a mobile phone with a prepaid card can be insanely expensive. And worse yet if you're bad at speaking English.
You remove it and the then dl a new one on the new phone.. Had a physical key when i played at release, that one broke, took me 5 min a month ago to have it removed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Has to have changed that then. Because half a year ago when i got a new phone i had to make an international phonecall and answer all kinds of retarded questions before they let me switch. "For security reasons".....

Poag

m00?
Finished the Makeb content playing an hour or two a couple of nights a week. Tis an excellent story from the empire side.

Going back over the content from the patches i missed now. Dread Masters first then, Czerka corportation.

Probably going to move my Imp Agent to a PvP server for some open world combat this weekend. Probably ToFN as I have a merc there already, then look for a casual raiding guild...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom