Possible cluster?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
http://daoc.goa.com/en/

With salisbury/glastonbury being clustered, maybe in the near future the same question may be asked to do with excal/pryd and another server.

With this in mind, perhaps it's time to sort out the discussion of AC raiding and such now instead of if/when that hits so this cannot be repeated. Personally I have no idea how to sort this out. We tried, it got a responce so now whilst people seem to be hear listening, lets try to come up with a plan of what to do to fix this awkward situation.

Whats happened and flaming aside, how would AC raiders respond if it was again asked for them to stop. Is there any hope we can all live in harmony with a fair comprimise?

Discuss!

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Whilst there is a low population, all of the different playstyles need to find a compromise to avoid people leaving in frustration; this means respect from both sides. You cannot ask for an end to AC raids and then start dictating everything else because you can get away with it. Those that love siege or appreciate their PoV, also need to appreciate that whether they like it or not people are leaving because of these antics as they are frustrating. Add this to an already dropping population and it only speeds the process of those that were going to leave eventually, to leave earlier than their time (read: Warhammer?). The irony with all of this is that with a population increase from that with a cluster, you get the luxury of letting all of the playstyles blend together once again. It only takes another drop in the population and we are back at this stage, so perhaps as you say a compromise now rather than later is in order.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
cluster excal/pryd with avalon/? servers and it will be good again.. only thing to save excal/pryd imo

kivik

Part of the furniture
Remember several replies from ACers saying:

"We do it to piss you off!"

Or something along those lines, that's just them, I don't even bother to try understand them anymore.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And while we are at it, allow to change the in game language on the fly. It ain't that hard to code that.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
No pls don't cluster avalon with exc/pryd, lovely comunnity there ( even with lovepony on my guild !! ).
This week we got a poll about clustering avalon with salysbury or lyonesse, just roll avalon guys :) let albs get some challenge against npc's :)
So no way for exc/pryd server, bye bye.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
seriously dont want anything to do with english cluster again .. so if they cluster it with for example avalon where i play now i will leave that server also just to avoid the annoying ppl left on excal ..

tbh .. the germans i have had contact with so far are really friendly and helpful .. something i havent experienced on Alb/cluster for a very very long time amongst the generall population ..

this does not fit on all ppl on Alb/cluster but most.

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
i aint commiting time in rerolleing when not 100% sure at playing support in a set grp that run 4 times a week^^

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly what phake said, german ppl is treating us lovely ( at least my guild ), they respect some of us speaking english with em, i can't see ppl like horner or some other brainless dude going there :/ so pls keep your fingers away of clustering exc/pryd server!!:p ( at least with avalon ) ^^

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Can't speak for other guilds than CM. They are a nice example tho.

Their reason for AC'ing the relics they have AC'ed, was that apparently hib and mid worked together against Alb, so they felt forced to AC relics because they felt that the relics that was taken wasnt taken rightfully. Funny tho, because the whole story of the Midgard alliance started after myself doing MRE's on Albion because they had AC'ed relics in their land. Kinda hard to make a deal with those kind of people wont you say?.

Their other argument is, that they just play at those hours and can do whatever they feel like. How to deal with that must be rather impossible imo.

At some point we were close to what i would call a perfect situation on this cluster. Most hibs and mids agreed that AC raids were a thing of the past, and those that didnt, didnt went to take a relic at ungodly hours, simply because they would be looked down upon by a huge majority of their own realm. but unfortunately Albion was and is still divided.. a majority didnt/dont mind AC raids, and a majority just didnt/doesnt "give a fuck". This leaves albion in a state where late night raiders can do what they do best without having to feel any consequence..

If this late night raiding thing should end, it would mean the birth of a leader in Albion that shares the same point of view on this matter as the majority in Hib and Mid. It would be a leader that everyone looks up to and listens to. It would be a leader that does primetime rvr raids. In other words.. GL HF finding that dude :)

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
well cluster the 2 classic once would be lovely as that been what i loved most even it was a tadd many ranger/vamps

Vladamir

FH is my second home
At the end of the day AC raids are always gonna happen :p

You get non-conforming-emo-goth-daoc boys who'll just say "We don't conform to the rules of the proverbial daoc society man, we do as we wish", and frankly don't give a fuck what happens. Oddly enough these are the people running around in the shiny Oceanus BP's and roxor triton shaman weapon drops.

If Avalon was to be clustered though the population would certainly be better, but then with the amount people whine about being zerged now, do you think they could handle it when you see Avalon prime time zergs? :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Whats happened and flaming aside, how would AC raiders respond if it was again asked for them to stop. Is there any hope we can all live in harmony with a fair comprimise?

Discuss!

I think you have to pose the question differently Kirennia. I havent seen anyone posting here (with the possible exception of Horner?) who was actually on the recent AC raids? This makes asking them to stop difficult. Since I was securely tucked up in bed I simply do not know who was there and who wasn't, and I've had no success trying to find out in game.

I don't actually think a further cluster is likely - unless they could persuade the small French servers to change language to gain population, they are probably contractually obligued to provide English language server in Europe.

However, how we rejuvenate a server that is currently very badly divided is the better question, and in relation to AC Raids if you want to make a stand against them talking to the GMs of other guilds not on them is a good place to start. For example, I have regularly led the Albion defense BGs, did anyone ever think to ask me not to defend because the relic was AC'd? No. How I might've responded to such a request depends in large part on how it was put to me.

For example, someone saying 'These AC raids are demoralising Hibernia, it would be better to allow them to retake the relic and then to look to taking it a peak time hour when many can participate' would probably have got quite a long way.

Someone saying (and this has happened) 'ffs don't defend relics noobs it unbalances fg vs fg rvr' would have got short shrift.

A cursory look through the last few days threads show there is little respect shown (on either side) of the divide and the hostile atmosphere is a much bigger factor in running down the server than anything else. Can we heal that? Well not while most of the posters on FH spam 'lol zerger, 3 button lamer' in grats threads for those who don't play on Agramon. I have variously seen the community I am part of described as 'scum' 'tosser's' 'lemons' 'wankers' 'zergers' and 'shit' in the last two days. It would be quite surprising if any of them responded positively to attempts to stop the decline given this but unless this hostility ends and people find a way to respect each others play styles the server will gradually die.

I am replying to you as you have kept the tone positive and constructive throughout, and I believe you believe you are/were doing the right thing (I can't say I am equally convinced all your guild mates were doing the same as their virtual gloating and provocation suggest otherwise).

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get horner as a example pls :/ hes 24/7 so ofc he was in ac, and wen i say horner i mean all those dickheads like renzi,morianiz, bla bla bla that run with his di bot on his ass :/
And about clustering with french servers.. will be better to close server imo :p u can get here horner as a example of french player, stick to him 3 fg with his di bots and there u got the result, the end.

Horner

Banned
Dre@d said:
Exactly what phake said, german ppl is treating us lovely ( at least my guild ), they respect some of us speaking english with em, i can't see ppl like horner or some other brainless dude going there :/ so pls keep your fingers away of clustering exc/pryd server!!:p ( at least with avalon ) ^^

Haben Sie Angst ?

What makes you think I don't play on Avalon singing "DEUTSCHLAND ! DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES !" ?

Was für ein scheisser Idiot. :kissit:

pip

Banned
ffs Mythic ban the elite folk in the night that make this game shite, you no it makes sence:) handful of shit out the game, or you will lose more than them:( reset relics and use instant port out of the relic zone from say 1am to 10pm

pip

Banned
Horner said:
Haben Sie Angst ?

What makes you think I don't play on Avalon singing "DEUTSCHLAND ! DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES !" ?

Well go back there you worthless piece of crap

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Horner is healthier for this game than most of the pathetic idiots coming out of their holes after someone took a relic and got a 10% bonus to something.

So much hype for setting a tower captain to level 1, next time someone farts we will have to call Team America.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Phake said:
I've left this server blah blah blah

Run along then kiddo. For someone who's "left" you're spending rather a lot of time loitering round the excal/pryd boards with absolutely nothing constructive to say.

/on topic

What Favail said is spot on - especially about attitudes. Kir I'm afraid your motives look quite genuine, while the responses of others (particularly Daemyrs when he was pmd by Muyl) are about something else altogether - something which fine words can't hide.

As for what to do - well it is a tough one. Often those who do early morning raids do it just to piss people off and nothing anyone else says will stop it. (And the raids I'm talking about are the ones that start and finish in the middle of the night where a realm has genuinely had no chance of defending - if a raid starts well into primetime and just carries on past midnight well that's fine in my book). Personally, I'd always go along the lines of those opposed to a relic being AC'd not defending a retake, boycotting people's CMs, excluding people from BGs for a period that kind of thing. Will it work? On some people I doubt it - but by the majority in the realm taking positive action against the individuals as a whole then it might just get somewhere.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Horner said:
Haben Sie Angst ?

If you would do that you would get a lifetime ban for singing such a shit on a German Server.
Do you actually know what you just wrote you tit?

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Horner does scarlatina speaks german as fluently as u do?:)
And think that while u posting here there are soloers roaming around without getting ganked,a no wait ^^ muchos horner's wannabe out there to cover u :) well done!

Horner

Banned
Dre@d said:
Horner does scarlatina speaks german as fluently as u do?:)
And think that while u posting here there are soloers roaming around without getting ganked,a no wait ^^ muchos horner's wannabe out there to cover u :) well done!

Scarlatina ist aus Österreich.

Her first words to me were " Oh Mein Gott ! What an enormous Schwannstücke you have there, Mein Herr ! Wunderbar Schön !" :sex:

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Glaston/Salisbury cluster must be one of the best things happening to the game in a long time, im just curious to see how the gonna do it, the language thing.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I just hope they cluster english cluster with some other language if they plan on saving the english servers....

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Horner said:

Her first words to me were " Oh Mein Gott ! What an enormous Schwannstücke you have there, Mein Herr ! Wunderbar Schön !" :sex:
That is some strange words coming from your mom :<

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Glacier said:
Glaston/Salisbury cluster must be one of the best things happening to the game in a long time, im just curious to see how the gonna do it, the language thing.

They're converting Glastonbury to German language, they already said so on the Friday news.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Horner said:

hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom