Positives from the Credit Crunch.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Ok its all doom and gloom everytime you read the paper of watch the news but whats a positive that the CC could bring to your daily life?

Mine would hopefully be less trucks and traffic on the M1 everyday :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What Chronic said. Why pay 200k when you can pay 150k? It's the reason I didn't buy one two years ago, everyone with half a brain could see it was going to happen :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
everyone with half a brain could see it was going to happen :)

Thats utter BOLLOCKS

The ONLY thing that was predictable was that house prices would come down at some point within the next 5 years. No one predicted the massive and sudden fall in in the equity markets. No one predicted the demise of Lemans. No one predicted FannyMae and G-Mac would be nationalised.

Where was the sudden panic explosion of buying credit default swaps ?
Where were the massive calls for credit funding to hedge investment banks equity exposure ?

They didn't happen because they were not predicted. Simple.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I meant housing prices.

Though the economy to a lesser extent due to the fact its been held up by borrowing

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldnt any saving on house price ,unless very extreme , be eaten up by the higher mortgage rates though?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldnt any saving on house price ,unless very extreme , be eaten up by the higher mortgage rates though?

Pretty much.

Oh, and the fact you actually have to find someone to offer you a mortgage!

Basically, UK will have hit recession in January. There are no positives from recession, except the fact that perhaps there will be less crowds at Christmas! :D I fuckin hate crowds.

russell

FH is my second home
Thats utter BOLLOCKS

The ONLY thing that was predictable was that house prices would come down at some point within the next 5 years. No one predicted the massive and sudden fall in in the equity markets. No one predicted the demise of Lemans. No one predicted FannyMae and G-Mac would be nationalised.

Where was the sudden panic explosion of buying credit default swaps ?
Where were the massive calls for credit funding to hedge investment banks equity exposure ?

They didn't happen because they were not predicted. Simple.
all right. Easy tiger:fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie

Ofc you could of bought at the most expensive then have to pay the bigger mortgage with the higher interest rate as well! (doh!)
If you couldn't afford to buy a house 2 years ago and your money position hasn't changed you still won't be able to buy one however since it costs about the same.

Yeah every idiot could of prediced they would drop in price at some point, but no-one knew when. 4 years ago everyone was saying the same as 2 years ago then watched them increase for another 2 years.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yep, afford a house at long bloody last!

one without slugs and mold and people crawling through me window or collapsing outside while off their faces :(

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Also it's helping Open Source softwear a lot, espeically in buisnesses, as managers look for free alternatives to the millions being wasted on softwear licenses a year.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I think or would hope that less food will be wasted as folks and businesses start checking out the extra cost of it all.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc you could of bought at the most expensive then have to pay the bigger mortgage with the higher interest rate as well! (doh!)
If you couldn't afford to buy a house 2 years ago and your money position hasn't changed you still won't be able to buy one however since it costs about the same.

Yeah every idiot could of prediced they would drop in price at some point, but no-one knew when. 4 years ago everyone was saying the same as 2 years ago then watched them increase for another 2 years.

If you're on a variable mortgage atm you are laughing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom