POS takedowns

rynnor

Rockhound
After christmas I fancy starting up a POS again - not wanting to lose too much cash I wanted a moon with a decent mineral to mine.

Obviously these are generally taken - scouting round Low Sec I found a decent moon that has a medium control tower with no weapons/defenses run by a 1 man corp who have a second POS in the same system (that ones got weapons).

Presumably since he has no resist mods I should take down the shields with EM damage - how many battleships will I need to take the POS down (roughly).

Also on the defended POS can you takedown the weapons with a Stealth bomber - firing a salvo then re-cloaking before the POS locks?

I'm going to keep an eye on when the guy logs on/is active - any other tips?

Cheers :ninja:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
As a ballpark figure, 5 BS (amarr) vs medium POS (gallente).
Only resists on shields is 25% base thermal resists that is relevant.

This would take about 5 hours.

Don't assume EM damage since racial POS have different base resists. For example minmatar has 50% em and 25% thermal which is bad shooting with lasers

Most likely you'll get ganked by pirates at some point though

rynnor

Rockhound
Most likely you'll get ganked by pirates at some point though

Pretty likely but adds to the fun :p How about if I set up a small POS in the system as a staging area - I could store extra BS and Ammo etc there and its somewhere to retreat to if a large force enters the system?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I'd rather just dock up if there's a station in system, of which you would be doing quite frequent I guess :p

Too much hassle to be worth it to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom