Alb point of view:
<stupid alb #32> was just killed by a Master of Runes
<stupid alb #27> was just killed by a Master Eldritch

Cleric mana gets wasted by greedy people chasing RPs/Deathspam

No RPs are actually earnt unless you are very lucky

Enemy's point of view: <I'm an Alb so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong>

Nobody can get out of the PK except for stealthers, every now and again a stupid Alb gets too close and dies to a Realm Guard, giving no RPs.

This isn't fun - its boring and you don't get RPs.

Let the enemy come to the CK (thats what its there for, we're meant to be defending it remember?) and fight on the bridges and roads.

Please.

E

Ethild

Personally I loved being portal camped.

'Oh Hi Mr Seigemaster, is that an onager you slapped there for me, how considerate.' etc.

T

Tired_Goat_BW

Aye, PK camping CAN be fun but when u all retreat it's a pain in the ass for me to come chase u all and get some damned inf pa me, but...
it's only a game ;):clap:

L

loogiechiken

If you are on the receiveing end of pk cmaping then invest in an onager or 3..... 1 person can control 3 staggered onagers ( just keep em armed and loaded ) to cater for enemy moving out of range.

It is possibe to get out of a camped pk, just head round the back of the pk and leave that way - then go and camp the offenders own pk/bridge road area and take out any eager beaver reinforcements trying to dash to your own pk.

I

iodine

well 1st alb complains that they being zerg now they complaning about pk camping , u realy cant take your own medicine can you.

And tbh pk camping great camp hpk more please wanna watch u all be killed by gards and c every1 run round like headless chickens when a stealther does a /wave it cracks me up :)

T

the_smurflord

I have to say though that the predeliciton for albs camping the mid portal keep is very depressing. A fair number of us albs try and persuade our realmmates to stop it and fall back to a position where the mids can leave their keep safely and face us on open ground where it is much more fun for all concerned. Alas our pleas fall on deaf ears more often than not. So many of the better alb players logged out of thidranki to go play something else after all the pk camping that went on last night. It's a shame that the minority spoil it for the rest of us.

As for mids camping apk, well feel free. My longbow has range enough for me to stand among our lvl 99 guards and pick you off. Easy rps.

L

loogiechiken

I have never seen albs/mids/hibs camp a pk to the point that it is impossible to get out. Usually it is just a case of standing in front of the keep, in which case all the defenders need to do is circle round their pk and leave by a different direction - there are huge areas of the bg's left unused.

If you are being pk camped ( which I have nothing against, people are free to play how they will ) then it is upto you to adapt your play to overcome the enemies...... my favourite way at the moment is to either set up a few staggered siege engines or to leave and go pick off the reinforcements near their own pk.

Anyway I am capped out of bg1 now thanks to the 'thid ck taking' alb force which came to mpk last night :) I think I got about 30 rps in 5 minutes thanks to using an onager :)

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by loogiechiken
Anyway I am capped out of bg1 now thanks to the 'thid ck taking' alb force which came to mpk last night :) I think I got about 30 rps in 5 minutes thanks to using an onager :)

Yeah, a bunch of us screaming at the brain-dead campers that they were just easy picking for those siege engines failed to get any response. Good on you for illustrating their stupidity.

L

leviathane

wheres tht little luri gimp venombladez? :m00:

S

solkhanar-pjo

lvl 50 Ns -Mze Fyr -rr4
lvl 50 warden - Aliyah -rr6
u playin' mze's account? :(
did u two switch acc's?
he's a savage in mid now :(

M

Mandorr

PK camping is great for those of us who have ranged attacks but not fer those who have none. I can fire off a few arrows into a target (fairly often gaining a couple of rp) where someone like a warrior finds it boring as hell and gives up and goes home. which is why there is only ever stealthers left at the end of the day.
so fer me carry on camping its saves me coming and looking for you.

T

the_smurflord

Grrr.....you were the hunter that was really annoying me when I was shooting your fellows.
I'd come slap you big time, but I've capped out. :(

T

taobitzz

<giggle> after clearing mpk of inf after inf, get to mb to find 3fg+ albs o_O Time to log :(

Bonebitz

O

old.Downanael

Just get some catapults and pratice hitting on moving targets :clap:

M

Mandorr

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Grrr.....you were the hunter that was really annoying me when I was shooting your fellows.
I'd come slap you big time, but I've capped out. :(

cutesy likkle ol me anoying? noo this cannot be! all I did was put a few arrows into your hide. I am only likkle how much could it possibly hurt?

p.s while we on the subject come back and camp mpk you were amusing me tonight. as I dont see how it can be fun fer u albs having that number there someone may as well have some fun.

E

Edaudric

Originally posted by naetha
Don't do it, it really sucks.

Alb point of view:

Cleric mana gets wasted by greedy people chasing RPs/Deathspam

No RPs are actually earnt unless you are very lucky

Enemy's point of view: <I'm an Alb so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong>

Nobody can get out of the PK except for stealthers, every now and again a stupid Alb gets too close and dies to a Realm Guard, giving no RPs.

This isn't fun - its boring and you don't get RPs.

Let the enemy come to the CK (thats what its there for, we're meant to be defending it remember?) and fight on the bridges and roads.

Please.

If you ever see Jocelyn die by a Maser of Runes or Master Eldrich in Abermenai it's because the portal there doesn't work for me.
I get some weird Jump error message in my system window, so I have to die to get out of there.
I tried to get a troll to kill me today, by surrendering, but he just hugged me and walked away.
Might be because I had no weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread