Port Forwarding

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Had a problem and sent a tracert to support, cut a story short ive now received some recommended ports
TCP: 10622, 8040 - 8047, 80
UDP: 1024-65535
TCP and UDP: 6881-6889 and 6969​
but am unsure how these should be added. Routers a bthomehub heres a screenie of the port settings screen.

I think i put for example protocal as TCP then top port range 8040, bottom port range 8047, Translated to 8040. Then leave the rest blank? or do i put every number in everywhere and create a port for each seperate one. Is 65535 suppost to go in Translate To... only, and is the Tcp+UDP meant to be inputed altogether?

If someone could type out all and it's location just so im certain its correct that would be much appreciated.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Uhm could you post it here as well please dude? :D

got bthomebuh also, and been trying to figure this out.

Is this related to lag/desynch issues?

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I initially contacted them because i was experiencing long loading screens perticually when zoning into a scenario.

The recommended ports to open are:

TCP: 10622, 8040 - 8047, 80
UDP: 1024-65535
TCP and UDP: 6881-6889 and 6969

1. Choose the protocol port from TCP or UDP
2. Then, where there is a - between numbers that means a range of ports. E.g. 1024-65535 means put 1024 in the first slot and 65535 in the second slot. This will open all ports between these numbers on the specific protocol.
3. For ports where there is just a single number given, that means just this port. E.g. Therefore you should select the required protocol and set the port to be 10622 in the first slot and 10622 in the second slot.

This should be done for every single port entry and for every protocol specific. Please note, there may be some overlap in the specificed ports and this should simply be ignored.

The translate to port is the port that the information should be sent to on your computer. This should just be left the same as the specified port being setup or left blank if that option is available.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Thanks very much, I'll try get that going asap.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Still having real trouble figuring this out
could you possibly do a print screen of the finished page after you've entered everything to where it is supposed to be?
I've got to the advanced settings page and added a profile for WAR, but I don't see how this actually links to my game at all, and there is too many boxes and not enough numbers!

I'd be very grateful!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I've got to the advanced settings page and added a profile for WAR, but I don't see how this actually links to my game at all, and there is too many boxes and not enough numbers!

It looked very complicated to me aswell but you just add the numbers into the Port Range Boxes nothing else. It does the [translate to] automatically so dont even need to do that.

Example for warcraft3

What i have after looks like this

2c208135601060.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I have not cheaked the latency in the connection from my computer to the router yet to know if ive done it right but i believe i have. I could download a port checker program but game "seems" to be running better (better not perfect).

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
My tracert.txt file is still showing 99ms (1ms is normal) so somethings still not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom