Port Forwarding

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi all, again. Have any of you had experience with forwarding ports? This is my first time doing this and i'm struggling.

I've recently gone to virgin 10mb (yesterday) and all my downloads have dropped, dramatically!

cHo told me a list of things to do and now im at the bottom. Configuring my router. I've googled, asked jeeves asked everybody on my msn and so forth but no success, you guys are my last hope.

I'm trying to forward port 50000 with the EPC2100R2 router, i've tried using PFconfig but it aint compatible with my router, tried googling but no joy.

Any of you had to do it with this router?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
can you post a screenshot of the setup menu ?`cba to google one :D

Laddey

FH is my second home
There is no setup, the guy plugged it in and vista detected it automatically. I've tried entering my Default Gateway IP in the www bar and it isn't detected. Thats what i need to do to configure it i think

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
There is no setup, the guy plugged it in and vista detected it automatically. I've tried entering my Default Gateway IP in the www bar and it isn't detected. Thats what i need to do to configure it i think

maybe you can only configure it from the wan site , i know some danish isp's run with that an they take like 150£ for opening ports for you ..

Laddey

FH is my second home
maybe you can only configure it from the wan site , i know some danish isp's run with that an they take like 150£ for opening ports for you ..

I don't think its that. Surely i should be able to open access ports to my own pc :(

Laddey

FH is my second home
then your missing a router before you can forward ports and stuff if im not mistaken :)

So why are my downloads so slow :(

I get 80kb/s now if im lucky with decent seeded torrents, im with virgin media and done whats needed with the ports and encryption etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom