Population increase

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It seems to me that if they aren't making much cash from it in it's current form, they would be more approachable in terms of a buyout of DAoC...

and who's gonna be insane enough to buy it? EA if anyone have the funds to make it happen, but i can promise you that they wont waste the cash on it coz the game isnt a viable investement. they will keep the game kicking for as long as they make ANY cash on it, but the second the game cost more then they get they will close it and not shed a tear over it. and i'm fairly certain that Mythic will make a big sigh of reliefe to finally have this shit over and done with ;)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Why would this game be any different to EQ or Ultima? There's plenty of old timers who still knock about on oldschool style games... I wonder why DAoC should be the one to actually die in the end. Could it be down to WAR being seen as it's natural successor?

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Could it be down to WAR being seen as it's natural successor?

DAoC is DAoC.

War will be War.

I have a feeling that DAoC players will not find in War what they leave behind in DAoC.

I truely hope that DAoC continues after War ... there will be players wanting to return. ( I hope :) )

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I truely hope that DAoC continues after War ... there will be players wanting to return. ( I hope :) )

I reckon that DAoC could be a viable game, but there are several factors which really impact upon this viability;

1. You can't take back the expansions. To attract new people to a game which already has expansions would appear to be more difficult than to begin a brand new game, I know I would personally prefer to play something w/o expansions.

2. Many factors which caused people to quit were never addressed; bots, ToA, awful invisi-stealth concept, mezz/stun etc. These are CORE problems which Mythic has been utterly resistant to alter from the very beginning of the game. Obviously this would be a massive hurdle to fix.

3. Much of the game is dated; Poor animations, audio, sfx, laggy engine, etc. would need to be brought up to scratch.

I can't think of anything else I would implement to improve this game, probably more interesting quests... that part of the game was weak, back then there were no ? or ! over people's heads and that made things much more tricky. It was more tempting to simply grind to 50, and that was ultimately represented by the levelling teams which evolved. Sick.

Overall, I reckon it COULD happen, but it would take quite an investment.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
TOA and buffbots are fixed on classic, the most populated English server today (well US but kinda English still)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom