Pop drop? Or not? :o

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering quickly how the population on Excalibur has been affected by WoW? Is it very noticable and how much have you seen it affects RvR? Also, have there come more nice guilds that have taken over the spots of DH, NP, VGN etc?

Watchh

One of Freddy's beloved
Right after Wow released the pop went down quite alot. Recently it seems (to me anyway) that people are returning, and being more active again ... even peeps that quit way before wow released.

Rvr at the moment is verry active i think , with atleast 2-3 good rvr guilds on each realm ..
:clap: :clap: looking good atm .. Imo

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
aye not too bad if we compare to prydwen which I think is in a bit trouble atm. Excalibur still going strong :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
population seems to be on the rise again, i did a /who last night and it showed 350ish non anon on hib which, for a friday night is good these days.

amgad11

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia is no longer vastly underpopulated so it seems to be balancing out now.

Marc

FH is my second home
Raven said:
population seems to be on the rise again, i did a /who last night and it showed 350ish non anon on hib which, for a friday night is good these days.

i did exactly the same for alb, 367 non anon

so although pop is down, it seems to be more balanced

Bloodclot

Banned
excal has his days that there is absolutly nothing to do in the rvr.

but since the relice change there is a lot of action, esp hadrian's wall :)
prydwen hardly has action..

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Is Albion considered Underpopulated now ? Because yesterday when i purchased a Hastener ( =) ), it said i paid less, because we were a underpopulated realm. Went to look in the news, and still hib has more bonuses than we, including free lvls.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
If you look at the Chronicles Of Camelot for the active char count you get

Albion - 2150 (39.5%)
Midgard - 1736 (31.9%)
Hibernia - 1553 (28.5%)
Total - 5439

Back in December 2004 I looked at figures and they were

Albion - 3849 (39.9%)
Midgard - 3420 (35.5%)
Hibernia - 2363 (24.5%)
Total - 9632

So this means a drop of 4200 active characters on Excalibur.

I am one of those who went to WoW but I am now probably looking to play DAoC more. Last night was my first night back and despite the fact that the Hibs seemed to spend the entire evening as a 3-4fg zerg (lame) it was quite good fun.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sauruman said:
Is Albion considered Underpopulated now ? Because yesterday when i purchased a Hastener ( =) ), it said i paid less, because we were a underpopulated realm. Went to look in the news, and still hib has more bonuses than we, including free lvls.

might be because we were down a keep or two... (there's modifications for that sorta thing too)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
seems the smallest servers takes the biggest hit from population drops...
daoc.darkzone.net has the statistics.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Over all population is noticebly down.

However i'd say active RvR'ers are not as noticebly less, but when it comes to larger scale RvR (heavy keep defense, relic defense) it becomes much more apparent, as theres less people to drop what they were doing and come help.

Given the larger frontiers now this does raise some issues.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Some will undoubtedly come back when they have pvp'ed in WoW for a while, and find stuff they dont like there. Unfortunatley old players will also keep leaving daoc becuse they are simply bored. The key is new blood, and i really hope we get some soon :)

Make sure to give away the Classic+SI 14 day pack you get with Catacombs, if you buy it, to someone you think might be a potential new daoc'er :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom