Poor koreans

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"South Korea has finally implemented what has been dubbed the "Cinderella Law" which blocks players under the age of 16 from playing online games between midnight and 6am.
This will also affect online services such as PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, Gamasutra reports.
The law was first proposed to counter the possibility of video game addiction thought by the Korean government to be growing rapidly.
We covered the evolution of this "gaming curfew" legislation earlier in the year, analysing what particular affect it may have, and similar laws in the West."

rynnor

Rockhound
Ouch! Still how would this stop a kid playing an account in their parents name?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not a bad idea by the way, though should have parental control to over-ride it. You know, hoolidays and all that.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Players under the age of 16 should be asleep between 12 and 6am, holidays or not. Wtf. :\

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not a bad idea by the way, though should have parental control to over-ride it. You know, hoolidays and all that.

So, the state telling you what you can do in your own home is "not a bad idea" now...

...you fucking commie Toht :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
The counter problem is when the parents fail everyone has a habit of finger pointing at a government, Korea also has a much more serious issue of addiction to MMOs etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Addiction to MMO's" - don't make me laugh.

Maybe Korea has a problem with people who obsess. If that's the case they should be looking at the root causes rather than blanket bans.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Koreans don't game at home, they go to gaming-cafés, so it's there, where they'll probably enforce the law.

It's a pretty shit rule though, because it'll just be like drinking rule, once kids get to 16 they'll be like yay, I'll be able to game past mid-night, the problem is with the parents, where for example one couple were looking after a cyber baby, whilst their irl baby, died, due to malnutrition and such.

as Embattle rightly said, Korea has such a bad addiction to MMO's there's nothing they can REALLY do about it without a huge uproar, so they'll have to find a way around it, embrace it, and hopefully slowly start to cut it out... sounds like smoking.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Under 16s rights are routinely overridden by the State in most countries, even in their own homes; this isn't much different, and let's be honest reponsible parents shouldn't be letting their kids play after midnight anyway; if parents were doing their job, there wouldn't be a need for this type of legislation. Really not sure how they'll enforce it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom