Pontificating

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, after much pondering and (imaginary) beard stroking, I'm still not sure about my skald's weapon choice.
Ok, at the moment he is sword and he has a MP crafted 37/32 sword with a Tg heal proc and a Dragon shadow great sword.
But
I've been thinking about respeccing hammer for a long time, mainly for the more endurance efficient styles and better (imo) resist tables. I currently only have an unimbued 99% crafted hammer.
But
I'm getting ToA whenever crappy UK delivery catches up with the rest of the world (I know I was quitting, but I've nothing better to do). Now, as far as I can see, there are no good 2H hammer artifacts; whereas with sword spec I can get battler or a couple others.
Also
I want 44BS which means I can't get 50 weapon => no rangarok, which is arguably the main reason for speccing sword.
So
In the qualified opinions of you lot, the unwashed masses: Which is preferable?
Sword with better weapon but worse styles and resistance or
Hammer with inferior weapon but better styles and restance tables?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Cedea said:
Legendary wep mebbe?

yeah, going up against 50% resists in fg vs fg is mighty fun...

not!

legendary weapons are only good for stealthers, who dont have resist buffs at all times and have low resists more often than group chars.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I thought about legendary weapons, but was put off by the fact that after all your hard work, the end result is random quality :puke:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
and now my question, that noone seems to answer ... is our battler pre-nerf or nerfed version?

Palantir

Fledgling Freddie
If you want it for soloing i'd say hammer: as you said, low end cost styles, crush > leather, and not loosing a nice 50 style since you want 44 BS. But that's just my opinion ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
imo go hammer, and you know im the best imo:er there is :p

there will prolly drop some good 2h hammer from some random mob in toa to

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Rulke said:
What's your reasoning?

Low end use, Snare style, Sledgehammer at 44.. go get a DSGH they aint that expensive anymore.
tho the best place to solo is in HW and there u wil find oads of steathers with eather armor that crush got + against, and ofc the solo plate wearing albs are kinda funny killing aswell.

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie
I think there is a 2h arty hammer called bruiser, it drops somewhere near the battler encounter.

At least I think its a 2hander.

BlueJam

Fledgling Freddie
The hammer artifacts seem to blow goats from what I've seen :/ But if you can get yourself a baseball bat of doom off the dragon (2h hammer drop) your winning. I think it's 5.8 spd, GL with getting one though ;)

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
Get that new dragon hammer imo, slowest ingame? dunno :m00:

Semaka

Fledgling Freddie
I still think Axe have the best styles on Mid + u need 2 have only str capped 2 make max dmg
But cant find a nice ToA axe :(
So i am thinking 2 go on Sword becouse there is that SoK i love it :wub:

Mimen

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
Low end use, Snare style, Sledgehammer at 44.. go get a DSGH they aint that expensive anymore.
tho the best place to solo is in HW and there u wil find oads of steathers with eather armor that crush got + against, and ofc the solo plate wearing albs are kinda funny killing aswell.

Was offered 15p for mine on tuesday (2/3/2004)... Toa hammer artifacts are SHIT, Your only hope is a nice Mp rog drop. And we all know how uber they can be ( 2 sword 3 crit strike ). Rogs can be uber or ubercrap. Have seen some nice 1h mp rogs dropped from the shades of mist encounter. No 2h tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom