Poll: Ywain-1 to 10

What's your new home?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Next poll!

There's Ywain-1 to Ywain-10, so which one is going to be your new home?

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Old guildies and friends are on 7, so that's where I'm heading.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not that, apart the fact you have to attach -ywain# on sends, is problematic at all.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Ywain-7 since it's where my other toons are (and a number of old Mid ppl).

Hopefully they'll do away with the Ywain suffix sooner rather than later though.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Erm, to someone that never played US, can you explain what the difference is to the complete newb. I am assuming that it has something to do with clusters and that those are channels from which the original databases arose due to the server cluster?

And can you also explain what difference it would make to me who has no toons on ywain atm :x

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Erm, to someone that never played US, can you explain what the difference is to the complete newb. I am assuming that it has something to do with clusters and that those are channels from which the original databases arose due to the server cluster?

And can you also explain what difference it would make to me who has no toons on ywain atm :x

Not that, apart the fact you have to attach -ywain# on sends, is problematic at all.

and you can use the /rpfilter command to shorten "Ywain-1" to "1" or something

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
unlikely to happen. Otherwise everyone would have to go into a renaming frenzy.

Would be happy enough if you could switch between seeing the lastname and the server tag though.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
the difference between ywain1 and ywain2 etc is the same difference as prydwen and excal, ie different housing zones and ppl on different servers cant see lastnames on eachother.

edit: theyve said theyre gonna remove it but seeing as houses would collide i cant see how theyd do it.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
unlikely to happen. Otherwise everyone would have to go into a renaming frenzy.

I thought names were unique on Ywain regardless of which server, ie. you can only have one of each name across the entire cluster. Was some grumblings about that before they made Ywain IIRC.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I thought names were unique on Ywain regardless of which server, ie. you can only have one of each name across the entire cluster. Was some grumblings about that before they made Ywain IIRC.

uhoh

Alme

Fledgling Freddie

correct

Septina

Part of the furniture

What the fuck? :< my sorc, chanter and ranger are all called Septina. ffs :<
Not a chance in hell i'm renaming my sorc. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom