Poll: What would you like as a solution for Dyvet?

What is thé thing that you want to see happening with Dyvet?

• Leave it as it is!

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Merge it with U.S. servers!

Votes: 64 33.0%
  • Merge it with German/French/Ita/Esp servers!

Votes: 36 18.6%
  • Give character transfer! also to U.S.!

Votes: 84 43.3%
  • other option, wich I stated bellow!

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I voted cluster with euro servers but the best option which I have wanted for ages now is to just cluster NF from dyvet with some other euro NF cluster then we keep all the non frontier zones in english for all exp'ing/questing/ml/housing/etc and rvr can be in any language at all imo

As the char transfer to US is never going to happen, this would by far be the best option imo

friky

Fledgling Freddie
well, i reocon the best bet would be merge new frontears and battlegrounds but dont merge anything elce.

Brale

Fledgling Freddie
Iam a casual player and have moved to the US. Its easy to level there and I now have a few 50's but I still miss my toons that I have on the EU servers.

Will I ever come back! I doubt it, what would make me come back? That would have to be 1K+ prime time and a english speaking classic server.

I dont think GoA can/would do anything that would bring me back but they could make money out of me by asking me to pay to have a char copy to the US. Iam not sure how the license operates to prevent things moving between
the EU and US but I would be interested to know how long the license has been given to GoA and what happens when it runs out.

It is agaisnt GoA interests to lose Customers, but its worth it for Mythic as they gain maybe we should stop pestering GoA for a solution and ask Mythic.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
That's the only issue for me regarding the US =( I've got all my first toons in EU which I'd miss, I wouldn't want to re-roll them =(

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
That's the only issue for me regarding the US =( I've got all my first toons in EU which I'd miss, I wouldn't want to re-roll them =(

Aye, and I don't think US peeps take too kindly to getting whole zergs killed in ML3 because someone is drunk :~(

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Im swedish and in school (a long time ago in another galaxy... or something..), I learned german for one year befor I realized that my result in it, that was the lowest, was not about to improve (Im not that good at languages and on top of that, my teatcher onely wanted to educated them who allready know), so I switched line of education so I didnt needed to learn more german.

Well, so thats where I stand now, many years later, playing on Counterbury, with german as main language. At first I was thinking "ohh, no... This is going to suck sideways!" But its realy just a bit about geting into it a bit, you learn whats things in called in german, or if you dont know, you ask someone who know (thanks you guys in AoP that know german!). Two things I would not do how ever:
1. Start play on a realm I dont know on Salsbury, as I dont know any of the basic quests by hart in hib and remember just half-harted about the Mid once from prydwen.
2. On Glaston I stay away from all not nessesary quests as I cant be arsed to figure out what they wants me to do. I onely does neckey, Champ and maybe epic, the rest I dont care about, its easier that just do old fassion xp grinding, as its 1.5 x XP in SI

RvR has the universal language of steel and blood, so dosent matter mutch what language that it is there.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well how about this:

You make a new server, and you make sure that the server languages are set to the language the daoc is purchased.
Well yes EA/MYTHIC/GOA, this will take effort, and might cost a few coins, but........

you give character copy to that server..... from all over europe..

or maybe, just a thing you know..

get rid of the us / europe thing, and give 1 big daoc server list...who cares if ur playing with a american or a spanish guy, i for once don't..
they both speak bad english :p .

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
well how about this:

You make a new server, and you make sure that the server languages are set to the language the daoc is purchased.
Well yes EA/MYTHIC/GOA, this will take effort, and might cost a few coins, but........

get rid of the us / europe thing, and give 1 big daoc server list...who cares if ur playing with a american or a spanish guy, i for once don't..

I have to say I like this idea.

If they (Mythic and/or GOA) want to keep customers, or even want some back, they would try for this. The "It is too difficult to code/can't be done" way of thinking won't get them any paying customers back. So either change it on existing servers so you can set language, or as Angelheal said, make a new one with this feature and offer charcopies to it.

If it takes thousands of manhours and costs a lot, maybe it's still worth it?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Let me transfer all my chars to WoW for a few days, running around like a loon asking people the way to Caer Benowyc & Bledmeer Faste,shouting that I shall smite them if they don't give me the correct answer and making passing comments about them look 'a bit cartoony'.

Then let me come back before I get shouted at lots.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Tbh, if they merged the rvr zones of Dyvet and the Battlegrounds with Avalon, that would possibly the only form of German language that people could manage

Zimzum

Fledgling Freddie
well how about this:

/agree with you

Btw I would like to hear you speaking spanish :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I doubt you would like it:p
my spanish is as good as my chineese. or should I say, as bad:D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Tbh, if they merged the rvr zones of Dyvet and the Battlegrounds with Avalon, that would possibly the only form of German language that people could manage

Thadius didn't make a poll on this poll, so i have to QQ about that in itself :(

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>Leave it as it is! 4 2.27%

easiest thing to do, not really satisfying though.

>>Merge it with U.S. servers! 58 32.95%

a no go, 2 diff companies.

>>Merge it with German/French/Ita/Esp servers! 34 19.32%

excellent option imho, one that is actually possible. it`s just that all the poor brits will cry their little heart out as less than 1 % of the brits seems to talk a foreign language to any sort of decent level.

>>Give character transfer! also to U.S.! 75 42.61%

a no go, 2 diff companies.

>>other option, wich I stated bellow!

char transfer to another euro server !!!

i don`t understand why that option was not mentioned.

i feel the typical english attitude of `speak english or die` will be what kills the server.

i hope GOA just ignores those brits and clusters us with another euro server.

i wonder how much % of the server population is actually british ?

while the brits are a very vocal bunch in proclaiming their totall ignorance, i just wonder if they are a big enough group to take into account or if it is best to ignore those voices for the `greater good`.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
actually i did mention itgivf char transfer! also to us! that means to eu servers 2:p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix: You forgot a few facts. People who already learned 3 or 4 foreign languages at different stages of their life wouldn't be happy to "go back to school" to learn 1 or 2 more, to make sure they are compatibile with your cluster plans.

Clustering with different language didn't fix population problem on classic, here where people have even more text they should understand, it is even worse.

So you fail to check numbers changing with your solution, fail to read any argument, for you it is hard to understand simple words, and 1+1=2 would be a challenge to you, yet you insult all british people in general and speak about total ignorance. Have you looked into a mirror recently?

Also you fail to note, that since account services with character transfers are mentioned as new features this year by Mythic, and if it will be released, it will be included on GOA servers already. So that is "Leave as it is!" and just patch normally and see if it fixes itself with patches, changes in population, etc.

But you, like many other people in the topic, proven on thing: Most people doesn't consider anything except for a few solutions, and suggest stuff that is already suggested, when there is a decision about it.

Luckily there are far more options.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix: You forgot a few facts. People who already learned 3 or 4 foreign languages at different stages of their life wouldn't be happy to "go back to school" to learn 1 or 2 more, to make sure they are compatibile with your cluster plans.

Clustering with different language didn't fix population problem on classic, here where people have even more text they should understand, it is even worse.

So you fail to check numbers changing with your solution, fail to read any argument, for you it is hard to understand simple words, and 1+1=2 would be a challenge to you, yet you insult all british people in general and speak about total ignorance. Have you looked into a mirror recently?

Also you fail to note, that since account services with character transfers are mentioned as new features this year by Mythic, and if it will be released, it will be included on GOA servers already. So that is "Leave as it is!" and just patch normally and see if it fixes itself with patches, changes in population, etc.

But you, like many other people in the topic, proven on thing: Most people doesn't consider anything except for a few solutions, and suggest stuff that is already suggested, when there is a decision about it.

Luckily there are far more options.

oke first of all, I do not intent to insult any brittish people in my post!.

said that your all fckers!!!!:flame: JOKE:drink: ITS A JOKE!! HA HA HA:p

no but really, yes it's a fact that brittish people don't know all the languages in the world, but thats because everyone learns theirs...

IF you were swedish (ok ok so ur not but lets say IF YOU WERE!)

and eeeverybody learned swedish because you invented trading and internet... would you learn english if it wasnt important?

on the otherhand! ..if any nfd members want tutoring on dutch, sign up for only 500plats per month!! (rlyyyy cheapp!!):D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Have GOA and EA/Mythic work together to seperate the language content from the game content in the server database, and make two databases, language and content, so that it'll be possible to select the game's language on a client basis, and not on a server basis.

Then, merge all EU servers into 1 big whoppy family, re-add Old Frontiers as a Co-op zone, and I might actually consider to un-retire :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Have GOA and EA/Mythic work together to seperate the language content from the game content in the server database, and make two databases, language and content, so that it'll be possible to select the game's language on a client basis, and not on a server basis.

Then, merge all EU servers into 1 big whoppy family, re-add Old Frontiers as a Co-op zone, and I might actually consider to un-retire :)

All of the above, except OF - much more fun in NF :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom