Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Embattle

FH is my second home

The only thing I could even think about between the BLM marches and Brexit is the irony that a minority mob pulling down statues got more support from certain MPs than the majority who voted in a democratic referendum to leave the EU, other than that all dickheads are equal on the hard right and left and trying to again tribute such things to brexit via immigration headlines is just more of the same narrative why you'll be generally ignored.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How do you type so well with your head so firmly buried in the sand? I'm impressed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Despite a growing body of evidence that genetically modified crops have lasting ecological impacts, including (but not limited to) diseases mutating to more agressive strains to adapt to resistance and uncontrollable spread of genes to non-genetically modified crops, coupled with the evidence that by far and away the most productive agricultural systems, both in terms of amounts of food produced per hectare and their biodiversity are small-scale mixed-production organic farms (rather than large scale mechanised monocultures) - the lords is prepping post-Brexit legislation to allow direct gene editing of crops (whilst pretending it's not genetic modification).

That's wholescale abandonment of the EU's Precautionary Principle in pursuit of profits for large manufacturers and producers, at the expense of nature - in the face of a potential food production revolution which, whilst requiring more human input, has the potential to feed all of us us with good wholesome locally-grown food, with none of the known (and unknown) ecological downsides, whilst at the same time democratising land ownership across the worlds most centrally owned countryside.

In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get hold of some liquid parrafin? We need to pour it into an ill pregnant cow to make it throw up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've actually finally decided to cast my vote in this thread.

Against. Because it's now clear and obvious that, across the whole gamut of issues, farming, food production, risk-taking with unknowns (whilst locking-in further centralisation of ownership) it's now clear and uncontovertable that the UK is abandoning actual environmental standards that mean and achieve something when it comes to protection of the natural world (and human health) - and the tories are using their majority to produce a window-dressing review that they'll be able to show the public is "amazing" for the environment whilst the day-to-day reality will be the abandonment of higher standards.

More rigid enforcement of lower standards < slightly more lax enforcement of higher principles.

But it's an easy sell to the dumb British public, who can't see further than chlorinated chicken and keep voting for a party that has spent the past decade killing them through ideolocically driven underinvestment (resulting in a structural inability to manage a clearly-foretold modern-day pandemic correctly - resulting in ~25-30,000 more deaths and a more prolonged shutdown than was necessary).

But fuck the peons eh?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Steak later?
Actually, Vietnamese-style lettuce cups.

Benefits of an o/h who has cooking as a hobby :)

Was a dairy cow (and not mine - if I knew more about animal husbandry, butchery and actually owned the thing then maybe - but I don't know what the form is for tucking into animals that just pop it before their time, rather than get taken to slaughter. It'd feel like eating a rabbit you've found with myxi).

Plenty of time to learn that shit in the future. Spent yesterday sticking up a fence so we can cordon off a patch of japanese knotweed I'm going to spray in August.

#farmlife :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Although we've been avoiding supermarkets and buying locally produced and sold food in general - when we do have to make a trip it looks like Waitrose will have to be our future destination.

Annoying (to me) for the middle class aspirational thing but now an utterly practical consideration.

Edit: All the other supermarkets are window-dressing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Too fucking late now, and there's no route back, ever, that would give the UK the carve outs and privileges it had.
I am aware. Just interesting that the public is finally starting to twig that trusting Boris was not wise.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Can we just remember I've always said we will never leave.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Can we also just remember that the UK has already left and has firmly rejected an extension to the transition period. What do you think's going to happen when the deadline rolls around?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Because all these 'rules' we build our world around can turn into aspirations in a split second.

And that is a good thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home

You know that looks like a post by:

It's not surprising if people are reading these kinds of stories:

:p

But here is an updated bit on the purchase:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But here is an updated bit on the purchase:

The divorce is complete.