Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They dont..all we have is endless doom predictions..not an ounce of concrete eventualities.
They will though have learned that no matter what, they can fudge, hide, envoke ancient laws and vote on votes about voting, till we all lose the will to live.
The pro remain and EU bias is there for all to see, its deeply entrenched in those with the power to promote it.
The majority voted to leave and its quite an eye opener how far they will go to thwart it.
It is not an ancient law. It is a rule which was put in place to stop Governments from attempting to break the will of Parliament and force through changes under duress. It has been brought up in Parliament multiple times in the past. The reason it was a long time ago since it was last used is because NO Government until the current one has broken the rule. No Government until the current one has ever been held in comtempt. No Government until the current one tried to use a Henry VIII law. Bercow indicated last week that he would look into the rule.

It is not about thwarting it. It is about the conduct of our MPs during the whole process. They have showed their true colours and whatever the outcome I sincerely hope reform is brought to our voting process and that the Tory and Labour parties collapse because they deserve to do so.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
But its not even binding.

At what point is this game simply harming our reputation for no gain.

Its not Brexit that harmed our reputation, its the shenanigins down at Westminster.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We had the option of proportional representation but the country shat on it, based on arguments from the tories (and labour) who stood to lose out.

I rather like coalition government. It stops government doing shit things, whilst ensuring government does utterly necessary things.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If voters hadnt got pissy with the Lib Dems and we still had them in a coalition we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Job

The Lib Dems are the only anti Brexit party..they have 11 seats.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Lib Dems are the only anti Brexit party..they have 11 seats.
The Lib Dems were a minority party before and were wiped down to 8 seats when Labour and the Conservatives were still actively pro-EU in 2015. Don't try to re-write history.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Lib Dems were a minority party before and were wiped down to 8 seats when Labour and the Conservatives were still actively pro-EU in 2015. Don't try to re-write history.
tRump supporter. Does not understand real life facts. Does not understand anything in reality.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pipe down, snowflake.
tRump said the Sun is blue and the Sky is yellow. As a tRump supporter I agree and every scientist who has ever lived is wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If voters hadnt got pissy with the Lib Dems and we still had them in a coalition we wouldn’t be in this mess.
If the Lib Dems hadn't backtracked on the ticket that got them elected (repealing tuition fees) then the Lib Dems may even have a shout of being in power now, rather than being a tiny focus group.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If the Lib Dems hadn't backtracked on the ticket that got them elected (repealing tuition fees) then the Lib Dems may even have a shout of being in power now, rather than being a tiny focus group.
They didn’t win. Why should they have to have implemented all their manifesto? They got the minimum tax threshold in.

Job

Are you suggesting a hige surge in a flash election

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They didn’t win. Why should they have to have implemented all their manifesto? They got the minimum tax threshold in.
Come on @Wij. The main reason people voted for them was the promise to fix the tuition fees.

They could have literally not delivered on anything else and blamed all of the shit on the tories, and nobody would have blinked - as long as they delivered on tuition fees.

The second that went out of the window, so did the Lib Dems.

Don't shoot the messenger @Wij. I don't have kids and if I was to study again I would go abroad (to A) dodge the fees and B) shag foreigners) but it was clear and obvious. Who gives a fuck about why it's like that - it just IS like that :)

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Genuinely impressed by how much of an irredeemable, world class cunt Arron Banks comes across as in this profile:

The Chaotic Triumph of Arron Banks, the “Bad Boy of Brexit”
The U.K. is in a panic over voters’ decision to withdraw from the E.U.
But the pugnacious millionaire whose donations—and Trumpian scare tactics—helped sway Britons has no regrets

The cravenness of Theresa May had me wincing also.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Come on @Wij. The main reason people voted for them was the promise to fix the tuition fees.

They could have literally not delivered on anything else and blamed all of the shit on the tories, and nobody would have blinked - as long as they delivered on tuition fees.

Don't shoot the messenger @Wij. I don't have kids and if I was to study again I would go abroad (to A) dodge the fees and B) shag foreigners) but it was clear and obvious. Who gives a fuck about why it's like that - it just IS like that :)
I’m not saying that wasn’t the reason. Just that it was a dumb reason.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I don't even think it's that.

The Lib Dems went into a coalition pretending to be a big boy, but in reality they just got shafted by the Tories and Clegg just accepted it all the way through; the Lib Dems would have gained lots more support today if they put an end to the coalition early.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I’m not saying that wasn’t the reason. Just that it was a dumb reason.
Not to the people who only voted Lib Dem because of that.

If the Lib Dems wanted to win hearts and minds and take a generation of voters along with them they had to show that they were listening to what the majority wanted before they tried to get them on board with their other ideas.

They didn't listen, and put other things ahead of what those voters thought they were going to get, so those voters went: "we can't trust you on this, so why would we listen to you for anything else?"

It was a massive own-goal fail of epic proportions. And it's because, given a taste of power, they put what they wanted ahead of what their boss wanted. Then got sacked, when there was the real possibility of a three party system forming.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not to the people who only voted Lib Dem because of that.

If the Lib Dems wanted to win hearts and minds and take a generation of voters along with them they had to show that they were listening to what the majority wanted before they tried to get them on board with their other ideas.

They didn't listen, and put other things ahead of what those voters thought they were going to get, so those voters went: "we can't trust you on this, so why would we listen to you for anything else?"

It was a massive own-goal fail of epic proportions. And it's because, given a taste of power, they put what they wanted ahead of what their boss wanted. Then got sacked, when there was the real possibility of a three party system forming.
Doesn’t change the fact it’s a dumb reason. The rich benefit more from lower tuition fees than the poor. There’s like actual stats and everything.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn’t change the fact it’s a dumb reason. The rich benefit more from lower tuition fees than the poor. There’s like actual stats and everything.
And everyone benefits equally from no tuition fees. Not what was on the table, but there's plenty of costings that show it's pretty neutral.

And regardless of that - you're bitter that your chosen party doesn't get a hearing. It's shown in the grandest way that it didn't deserve it.

Personally, I liked a lot of their policies and hoped they'd do well. But what an epic own-goal.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And everyone benefits equally from no tuition fees.

People who go to uni benefit more than those who don’t.

Regardless they were the minority party. Should they have maybe dropped the lower tax threshold to get free tuition instead?

Who’s to say they wouldn’t have got slated for that?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the fact that voters dropped 'em over tuition fees is all we can say @Wij.

If, but what. Libdems are dead over it. For a generation, most likely. Their stance on remain isn't helping them either. Because people are discounting them out of hand again.

Job

Oh and Mr Steele casually announcing he allowed the fatman to carry on buggering kids.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh and Mr Steele casually announcing he allowed the fatman to carry on buggering kids.
Oh. He announced that retrospectively did he - back in time - so that had an effect on the Lib Dems at an election that happened a long time ago?

Amazing! I, for one, am happy to overlook David's paedo-enablement and wish to live under his time-travelling technologically-advanced rulership!

Job

Oh. He announced that retrospectively did he - back in time - so that had an effect on the Lib Dems at an election that happened a long time ago?

Amazing! I, for one, am happy to overlook David's paedo-enablement and wish to live under his time-travelling technologically-advanced rulership!
Jesus.
Im just commenting on their future prospects.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I have posted on this.
You could just ignore them, what they gonna do..fine us?
So not just North Korea minus but a few more minuses on top of that then?

Job

Just start a website BTO.com

Weve got our own thanks, British Trade Organisation, free beer with every transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom