Police Killing

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Shovel said:
I'm with DMW:

If you arm all the police, then Joe average bank robber feels he needs something bigger (or something at all: Gets a gun rather than a knife, say). Special units and so forth - yeah, go for it. More training for regular officers? Yep, bring it on. But arming each and every policeman adopts a dangerous attitude. If you carry a gun, it means you expect to need to use it - and guns are far too destructive to roll over an accept as a product of modern society.
Simple, give all the police M16 assault rifles and patrol cars with minguns on the roof. No-one will mess.

D

Deadmanwalking

Bodhi said:
Simple, give all the police M16 assault rifles and patrol cars with minguns on the roof. No-one will mess.

The man is on to something. Not quite sure what, but it's something.

Lemming

Fledgling Freddie
Deadmanwalking said:
The man is on to something. Not quite sure what, but it's something.

Shouldn't that be he's on something rather then he's on to

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Gumbo said:
I did when it was on a couple of weeks ago. The strange thing was that he demonstrated that there were far far more guns per person in Canada, and yet far less gun crime. And then kept on banging on about the volume of guns being the problem. That made little sense to me as it is blatently the society, not the hardware that is the problem, if you use the guns/per/people stats from Canada as a comparison.

Now I'm not saying I agree or disagree, though those who know me will know what I think, but that did seem some pretty flawed journalism.

On the police getting shot note, I heard on the news that he shot them while he was sitting in the back of the patrol car. Now there is a procedure that needs updating, or should have been followed, one way or another. Be prepared next time you get stopped for speeding to be banged down hard on the bonnet and told to 'spread em'. Just start to worry when they pull on the latex gloves.....
Aye, if the officer didn't check the perp for a weapon when arresting him then something is wrong with police procedures. It should be common practice imo. You get patted down randomly when you enter a club, nowt wrong with police doing it for an arrest or similar.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Question: how would you feel walking down your local highstreet to buy a newspaper and everyone you walked past was carrying a concealed weapon, and the police were lugging around guns too?

I'd probably feel much less safe.

Bodhi

Lemming said:
Shouldn't that be he's on something rather then he's on to
No, it should be "Shut the fuck up Lemming".

I'll accept your apologies in advance.

:D

Seriously tho, miniguns are they way forwards. Make Robocop for real (and lots of them) and the streets will be safe innit.

Bodhi

mank said:
Question: how would you feel walking down your local highstreet to buy a newspaper and everyone you walked past was carrying a concealed weapon, and the police were lugging around guns too?

I'd probably feel much less safe.
I'd feel perfectly safe, because if that was the case I'd have a gun in my pocket aswell, ready to pop a cap in someone's ass if they messed/gave abuse/were seen buying an Xbox/Blazin Squad CD. I'd make sure it was a hand cannon, like a MAgnum or something. You need to go a level above the neds and their 9mms.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
imho, giving the police guns is encouragement for criminals to feel that they need one to protect themselves. More guns (whoever holds them) equals more death, which is bad right?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
In my opinion all police should be trained in the use of firearms, and heavier weapons. That way even if they dont carry them all the time, when they need those skills they dont have to call on more heavily armed backup, but merely need the weapons. (Which would probably be locked up in the station). In my opinion this would also give the police better insight into situations involving firearms seeing as they know exactly what they can do.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
In my opinion all police should be trained in the use of firearms, and heavier weapons. That way even if they dont carry them all the time, when they need those skills they dont have to call on more heavily armed backup, but merely need the weapons. (Which would probably be locked up in the station). In my opinion this would also give the police better insight into situations involving firearms seeing as they know exactly what they can do.
Good thoughts but I'd hope that all police get some rudimentary training so that they understand what firearms can do and what to do if they encounter such a situation, without needing one themselves. You're not gonna suggest that all police should be trained in the use of class A drugs too (to give them a better insight) are you? It could get real expensive and I pay enough tax as it is :)

Bodhi

Siftwind said:
You're not gonna suggest that all police should be trained in the use of class A drugs too (to give them a better insight) are you?
I, for one, support this motion. Cops on acid really would make the world a better place.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:

No, training to use weapons and training to know what to do when facing them are two very different areas.

And having the guns locked up in the station is just as much good as Armed Response Units. IE It takes time to get the guns from the station to the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom