Polarisation within realms

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking that within Midgard atleast there is alot less communication and cooperation between guilds/alliances and a greater amount of animosity. Its like there are diffrent segments within the realm and they very rarely talk to each other, or partake in events. The alliances are fragmented, none of the rvr guilds share an alliance, friendly competiveness between rvr guilds has turned a bit sour, e.g watching deathspams and hoping the people in your realm lose the battle. It shouldnt really be like this but its infact true for much of the realm.

I renember when on alb you could pop out of apk and u culd make a decent grp with people from all the active rvr guilds of the time, these days, u only gonna grp with ur guild. I would like to know how albion/hibernia fair in these traits shown within midgard, as i feel the game in naturally evolving towards this.

Duzic

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
I would like to know how albion/hibernia fair in these traits shown within midgard, as i feel the game in naturally evolving towards this.

can sometimes get nice mixed grp with TT,AD,FC and nalbs members from time 2 time when GGs arnt running ofc but i spend most of my time bored solo :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
There is no such thing as rvr grp for people that don't belong to an active rvr guild or alliance in mid , at least thats my experience. Was loads of that before NF as far as I can remember. Seem like people making grps in mid now only invite people in known leet guilds or players on their friendslist, fair enough I guess, just a bit boring to be left out of these. Not been active on fg vs fg scene lately but with the general attitude of the realm the situation doesn't surprise me at all.

imo anyways. :x

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
There is no such thing as rvr grp for people that don't belong to an active rvr guild or alliance in mid , at least thats my experience. Was loads of that before NF as far as I can remember. Seem like people making grps in mid now only invite people in known leet guilds or players on their friendslist, fair enough I guess, just a bit boring to be left out of these. Not been active on fg vs fg scene lately but with the general attitude of the realm the situation doesn't surprise me at all.

Thats how albion is aswell... Atleast from how i see it.
Theres no longer >1< point where everyone sets out from(atk emain) but instead theres sauvage to port in, park bb, and then you port to beno/bold and get a boat straight into enemy lands with no "final" spot to be when in the other frontiers. /delete ALL teleport, only 1 dock which is guarded, boats should be fixed events that leave dock every 10 mins(bit like waiting for port in OF :p ), less towers, weaker keeps/towers, more roaming areas etc etc etc. <dreams about this kinda stuff ever happening> :(

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
playing on Prydwen now and its alot more fun atm:)) all realms run´s grp GG or random

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:

Couldn't agree more tbh

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Hibernia always manages to put randomgroups with ppl from all the active rvrguilds.

And for when it comes to midgard, i just don't group with Valravens since Zapstar *said something* on ventrilo - and i just don't get invited to the other guilds groups (QQ) :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
friendly competiveness between rvr guilds has turned a bit sour, e.g watching deathspams and hoping the people in your realm lose the battle.

That's the inevitable consequence of too many e-peens crossing swords. In the constant battle to see who can shoot their virtual loads the furthest (in the form of rps) the silly tools are bound to end up frustrated. They might grow up one day... ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
That's the inevitable consequence of too many e-peens crossing swords. In the constant battle to see who can shoot their virtual loads the furthest (in the form of rps) the silly tools are bound to end up frustrated. They might grow up one day... ;)

Luke... i am your father......

noooooo, its not true, its not true..... <luke crys like Marc>

fallling........

Lands in a tunnel <like Marc)

Falls out of tunnel <happens to Marc alot>

moik

Fledgling Freddie
moik said:
Hibernia always manages to put randomgroups with ppl from all the active rvrguilds.

And for when it comes to midgard, i just don't group with Valravens since Zapstar *said something* on ventrilo - and i just don't get invited to the other guilds groups (QQ) :)

*said something* = said he used something to gain an unfair advantage over others! WHAT CAN IT BE!?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
In my experience, hibernia is a small place, people know each other, quite easy to get a group if you ask for it. Mind you, that will not mean spamming "lfg" at dl, that would be more like /send <instert name> lo mate, gear here, any space for a vamp/bard?

In a MMORPG you work up your reputation. Use it! Usually works ;)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
boats should be fixed events that leave dock every 10 mins(bit like waiting for port in OF ), less towers, weaker keeps/towers, more roaming areas etc etc etc. <dreams about this kinda stuff ever happening>

No!
Not being forced to just sit around, waiting for Visur is one of the best things that NF has to offer. And I really doubt that your suggestions would change anything about the mentality to just group with your guildmates/fixed groups etc. I know from people playing on US Servers, that pickup groups are quite common over there. Of course, those servers are alll quite well populated.
In fact, this entire dilemma - logging in, waiting for a pickup group, going out for a run, getting killed, group disbanding, repeat ad.lib. - was, what made me roll a solo char. :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
From the point of view of Albion theres a couple of RvR guilds that will use a few people from other RvR guilds to fill spaces in group but its generally reluctant necessity due to the lack of good people in the right classes.

On a broader scale theres a few main alliances that do not generally communicate with one another for any reason and then the usual amount of tiny guilds that do their own thing and form there mini alliances.

Whilst current attitudes make the problem more difficult I think the real cause of the problem is actually the Realm War map. In old frontiers you HAD to make a CG for the frontier soon as your guilds keep got guard death spam in order to defend, now people just look at the RW map and head for the flames and in most cases wont bother joining any cg or bg.

If there was no map (and im not suggesting we should get rid of it) then people would be forced to talk again in order to hold onto their keeps.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
From the point of view of Albion theres a couple of RvR guilds that will use a few people from other RvR guilds to fill spaces in group but its generally reluctant necessity due to the lack of good people in the right classes.

On a broader scale theres a few main alliances that do not generally communicate with one another for any reason and then the usual amount of tiny guilds that do their own thing and form there mini alliances.

Whilst current attitudes make the problem more difficult I think the real cause of the problem is actually the Realm War map. In old frontiers you HAD to make a CG for the frontier soon as your guilds keep got guard death spam in order to defend, now people just look at the RW map and head for the flames and in most cases wont bother joining any cg or bg.

If there was no map (and im not suggesting we should get rid of it) then people would be forced to talk again in order to hold onto their keeps.
yes agree, get rid of it

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

:fluffle:

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
aye, as moik said hib is more friendly on that matter nowadays (because everyone lacks active ppl etc probably)

For instance, yesterdays 'random' grp contained ppl from LA, RR, AR, raindrop and inno. And wiped the floor with certain setgrps :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
This problem is exactly why im not active anymore. I like playing my healer in fg vs fg and have made most of my rp (5L9) in pickup fullgrps (did get a boost first week of NF with the mad sieges ofc), but this just isnt possible anymore :/ If i try to get a pickup group these days ill end up towerhumping with 1 hunter, 1 sb, 1 warrior and if im lucky a shaman. That can ofc be fun as well, but its nice to get to stretch those competative fg muscles now and then and get some "skilled" fights in.

Tilda

In my experience, hib is the most friendly realm, most likeley to make random groups etc. Alb is ok, sometimes when no GG you can make a nice random group, and mid, as has been said is the least friendly and most hostile imo.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Subedai said:
I renember when on alb you could pop out of apk and u culd make a decent grp with people from all the active rvr guilds of the time, these days, u only gonna grp with ur guild.

Was like that back in the day, pop at mtk and look whose standing there and start bugging people over irc and you got a nice group going quite often ^^

Coldbeard said:
Seem like people making grps in mid now only invite people in known leet guilds or players on their friendslist, fair enough I guess, just a bit boring to be left out of these.

I dont find it wierd at all, I hate playing with people whom I cannot trust cause it makes me worry if they do their job right and I loose my concentration.

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
givf back OF and the real mids , was alot more fun then

NP,Red Guard, think FoM had 2 fg´s ,BC and JH

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
this is our buffing spot, fo - nolby pride mpk talkin about hostility :F

like it matters, that was a bit sad :D:D

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
mids should shelve thier sb's/hunters and make more rvr guilds tbh

Users who are viewing this thread