Poisonspikes - GOA... when are you changing them back?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Seriously, speak about tempest in a teacup, who the heck cares anyway? :rolleyes: Just delete stealthers altogether and be done with it! :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Ok as has been said a million times;

Options are

Leave it as it is,
This prevents a nasty bug (multiple mines in 1 cast) being abused and is probably preferably to returning it to its exploitable status. But yes, it isn't totally satisfactory.

Option 2, waiting for a mythic hotfix will probably occur in tandem with 1, as they may decide to leave it as it is until a fix is given. This is probably the best option.

Option 3 is the worst option. If they turn it back, then it can be exploited. This is bad. As much as assasins may love a free 400 damage in a fight, if it gets exploited, its rediculous. Sure the assasins would instantly be able to kill any solo class 1 vs 1, but it would also be stupid.
Mythic and GOA talk on a daily basis, however, as I understand it, its currently in the hands of mythic techs to see if they can develop a viable hotfix for it.
It dosn't really screw you over, it just denies you something which you've been abusing for a while. Sure Mythic says working as intended, however, once all assasins start casting multiple mines on inc it won't be fun.
Its laughable to suggest that fixing 1 ML ability, suddently breaks an entire class.
You're beginnging to sound like zerks did after the nerf.

Uhm, Tilda... do you even know what you are talking about?

But fret not! I will explain for the uninformed!

How it was on US before 1.80b and on EU before GOA screwed up:
You could start casting Tanglesnare (a couple of seconds cast time). Before it finished, you could drop the Insta cast Poison Spike and still finish Tanglesnare. That means you had dropped two mines in one ML user time.

That was the fix 1.80b is about. On US it did not prevent casting of Poison spike incombat. They can still do that. Mythic have deemed that a feature.

So Tilda, when you whine about an instant dot cast in combat, that is an ability and feature of the Spymaster Line. However much you don't like that, that is how the Master Ability is meant to work.

Still with me so far Tilda?

Ok, now that you have read it over again, let me repeat:

You are meant to be able to cast Poison spike incombat!

You have never been able to also drop Tanglesnare incombat, nor instantly as you seem to belive. This is only about Poison spike.

By the way: An equalent situation would be, if GOA changed TWF so that it couldn't be used incombat, and gave a 10 second disarm after using it. When asked, they would say: Oh, we think it's overpowered to have an insta AE dot, with inbuild snare for Reavers, Wardens and Bonedancers. The EU players would then ask them why they changed this, and the answer would be that they anticipated Mythic to fix the ability. After much whining on VNboards Mythic finally got enough of GOA and said in a Grab Bag that incombat cast of TWF is indeed a feature. 2 months later, TWF would get fixed to how it is meant to be used.

But guess what? This only affects assassins so every visible and the l33t stealthers rejoices as they really just hope assassins goes away and thus ignore GOA tampering with class balance.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
Ok as has been said a million times;

Options are

Leave it as it is,
This prevents a nasty bug (multiple mines in 1 cast) being abused and is probably preferably to returning it to its exploitable status. But yes, it isn't totally satisfactory.

Option 2, waiting for a mythic hotfix will probably occur in tandem with 1, as they may decide to leave it as it is until a fix is given. This is probably the best option.

Option 3 is the worst option. If they turn it back, then it can be exploited. This is bad. As much as assasins may love a free 400 damage in a fight, if it gets exploited, its rediculous. Sure the assasins would instantly be able to kill any solo class 1 vs 1, but it would also be stupid.
Mythic and GOA talk on a daily basis, however, as I understand it, its currently in the hands of mythic techs to see if they can develop a viable hotfix for it.
It dosn't really screw you over, it just denies you something which you've been abusing for a while. Sure Mythic says working as intended, however, once all assasins start casting multiple mines on inc it won't be fun.
Its laughable to suggest that fixing 1 ML ability, suddently breaks an entire class.
You're beginnging to sound like zerks did after the nerf.

Option 3 turn it back and leave it untill 1.80 patch fix like they did in the US
I dont see them fixing/nerfin anything else b4 they do in the US, they didnt fix WL damage early for us or anything else i can think of realy

Yes i do think the DoT/root mine needed fixing but not by GoA

Why shud any 1 want to play an assasin on the EU server now ?

If theres a way to piss off the player base GoA seems to find it :puke:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Technodave said:
Option 3 turn it back and leave it untill 1.80 patch fix like they did in the US
I dont see them fixing/nerfin anything else b4 they do in the US, they didnt fix WL damage early for us or anything else i can think of realy

Yes i do think the DoT/root mine needed fixing but not by GoA

Why shud any 1 want to play an assasin on the EU server now ?

If theres a way to piss off the player base GoA seems to find it :puke:

How did they play before hand? Back when ToA first came out and the DoT mine worked exactly as it does now?

Really, if a stealther thinks that they are rp fodder now, they must really be shit players

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
How did they play before hand? Back when ToA first came out and the DoT mine worked exactly as it does now?

Really, if a stealther thinks that they are rp fodder now, they must really be shit players

No class is RP fodder (not even Armsmen, Thanes or Valewalkers).

The point is, that GOA have nerfed an archetype on their own. An archetype that performs pretty mediocre in itself.

I would have absolutely no problem with this change, if it was done by Mythic. That is not the case though, and as suchs it's appalling GOA is incapable of reverting a bug they introduced themself. Nevermind their excuses of having to await Mythic in the Thanksgiving period. It's their bug, it's their problem.

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Just how many assasins would actually drop a dot mine at same time as tangle mine anyway? In my experience 99% of assasins kept DOT mine available for combat tbh.
Its basically brought the hidden stealth wars closer to the FG fights.. How many DOT mines do the RvR Gank grps run over since the fix?? a damn sight more than before the fix/nerf (what ever you want to call it) - Eats through those brittle guards and DI's dosent it? time and time and time again because theres FA use for a DOT mine now other than to stick it down everywhere.

IMO, change it back to the way it was unless you can get a Mythic Patch/Fix for it within a week.

Sick of the grapple/BG spamming Noob stealths im bumping into lately.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Sick of the grapple/BG spamming Noob stealths im bumping into lately.

sick of bumping into you and your doorstep RVR buddies tbh. How you have the audacy to call other players Noob based on a playstyle is like a bit rich.

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
sick of bumping into you and your doorstep RVR buddies tbh. How you have the audacy to call other players Noob based on a playstyle is like a bit rich.

ROFL Hypocrite :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Azathrim said:
I would have absolutely no problem with this change, if it was done by Mythic. That is not the case though, and as suchs it's appalling GOA is incapable of reverting a bug they introduced themself. Nevermind their excuses of having to await Mythic in the Thanksgiving period. It's their bug, it's their problem.

They fixed one bug as intended (same one that mythic fix in 1.80)
they also fixed a "feature" which wasn't intended.

Once mythic gets back in touch they'll decide what's best to do.

Question: without the fix in place were you able to cast more than one poisonspike? or was it just 1 poisonspike+ 1 tanglesnare at once?

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
1 tanglesnare and one PS , not 2 PS'S , and the point is noone was using it that way anyhows , all i know only used in PS in combat anyhows:)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tanglesnare was always useless anyhow. It was a pretty long cast, only for a non-damaging snare. Which lasted so short, in the current lag you wouldnt even notice it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom