pny, creative or other?

P

phipck

fx 5600 based graphics card, have £200, simple question which do i get for the most performance???????

oh and riva tuner??? where do i get the latest version as a friend has a pny fx5600 and the clock frequencies are all wrong on the clocking tab!! says drivers not fully supported. (why he wanna clock the card i dont know, but its giving a reading of about 54mhz core clock!)

H

Happy Go Lucky

not much difference tbh, my pny gf4 has no ram sinks, although I would assume creative cards defintely don't have them, as they are the most mainstream non-overclocking brand around, with niceties you don't need like free games.

V

vofflujarnid

I would recommend MSI or Asus if they are available but I don't know whether they have ram sinks or not. As for graphic utility programs, RivaTuner is a good program which you can get at http://www.guru3d.com but I like GeForceTweakUtility more than RivaTuner, it has more advanced features and you can also get it at guru3d. As for overclocking, I wouldn't recommend it. The performance is hardly noticable in games but you might get better scores in 3Dmark and such. And also, overclocking can cause polygon losses in games, tearing and texture bleeding.

P

phipck

cheers guys, i told him not to clock but he wouldnt take my word for it, but that may educate him a bit! but still he has this weird clock frequency thing, u wouldnt happen to know the core and memory clock speeds of the pny fx5600???as the site doesnt say!

J

Jonty

Hi phipck

As far as I know, the PNY card has a core clock speed of 400Mhz and an effective memory clock speed of 800Mhz (due to the double data rate (DDR) RAM). Full specifications can be found on the PNY website.

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Most 5600 Ultra cards tend to be staggered in terms of features. The cheapest are the 128Mb models which follow nVidia's reference design. Then usually come 256Mb models, sometimes with extra technology to increase performance, then cards with video editting and other such features integrated. Just be sure that you're looking at the Ultra models, and not the non-Ultra 5600s, which are cheaper, but which lack the raw performance of the Ultra models.

P

phipck

vofflujarnid thanks for the link but the geforce tweek isnt compatable and also stopped updating since sep 02, maybe a bit oap for the card!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom