PLing with a Necro

C

-chancer-

whats the average time for a L1 > 50 usin a necro on another account?

everyone keeps saying there uber for powerleveling is it true though?

what area's tho they must be camped continuesly if there that good

P

posdnuos

its mainly being bothered, to pl a char from 1 to 50. takes a while, must get boring after a bit

N

Naewae

I don't know about PLing as I'm waiting till I'm 50 and getting all the exp (and cash) myself where it's needed :)

As for the spots, yes it's tricky finding somewhere with spirit weak mobs that doesn't have a queue of necros hovering about waiting to jump in.

I've started wandering around randomly to get better camp bonuses - not super fast pulls but does me ok and no stressing when people "steal" your mobs.

P

Pin

1-50 with a bot is ~2.5 days /played. Don't need a camp, always enough mobs free with full camp bonuses if you know where to go.

But it's boring as hell after a while :p

B

belth

Especially after leveling the necro once already :p

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by Pin
1-50 with a bot is ~2.5 days /played. Don't need a camp, always enough mobs free with full camp bonuses if you know where to go.

But it's boring as hell after a while :p

you sure 2.5days?

is that solo or with a cleric's buffs also ?

P

Pin

Originally posted by -chancer-
you sure 2.5days?

is that solo or with a cleric's buffs also ?

I said 'with a bot'.

without buffs it's about 3.5 days and you're a bit more restricted on where you can camp.

(mostly I don't have a bot when I PL myself as my bot is same account as necro :()

C

-chancer-

carnt belive tho 3.5 days for a new L50 that's just crazy

atm my necro is L30 with MCL1, Mastery of Magery1, Wildpower2, Serenity1 hope this will be enough for PLing another charecter up :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by -chancer-
carnt belive tho 3.5 days for a new L50 that's just crazy

atm my necro is L30 with MCL1, Mastery of Magery1, Wildpower2, Serenity1 hope this will be enough for PLing another charecter up :)

My necro has 0rp. And yes it's easier if you go get some RAs.

MCL and serenity are a waste though, as once you are PLing someone and run low on power, just duel them and powertap a full bar back. Stick it all in WP and MoM.

A

Apathy

Took me around 3 days /played to PL a buffbot from 1 to 46 doing only white lights.

Stress is...getting up at 5am to PL and finding someone already camping the spot you logged at.

a.

G

gingger

whats the point of lving something to 50 if you dont know how to play it???

you will only then get a rep for being crap and end up frustrated and deleting it.....

P

Pin

Originally posted by gingger
whats the point of lving something to 50 if you dont know how to play it???

you will only then get a rep for being crap and end up frustrated and deleting it.....

Some people don't actually need to spend 2 weeks exping to 50 in groups to learn their character. And even if they did, exping and RvR is a completely different thing, requiring different skills and knowledge.

True, some people are crap at RvR. They would be crap if they exped the char themselves, took 1 week or 1 year, or were powerlevelled, or bought the account. Others are not crap.

I don't think I have a rep of being crap at playing my Reaver, for example.

G

gingger

oh btw, i hate necros for ruining good lvling spots in this game. Take barrows for example i wandered through there the other day and there was no active classes other than necros pl alts and bots? I this really good for this game? I think not. And no doubt necros will read this, you can answer a question for me,

Do you have a maco with the following on it

"This spot is camped" and do u use it when refering to an entire area that used to supply 2fg at a time which you are "hogging" due to your pull rate. I think so, as that is all i ever hear from you.

Sorry to say this but I get so annoyed at hearing that.

Call me conservative but tbh Si has got more bad points than good. (not to mentions having to fork out to upgd PC)

P

Pin

oh btw, i hate necros for ruining good lvling spots in this game. Take barrows for example i wandered through there the other day and there was no active classes other than necros pl alts and bots? I this really good for this game? I think not. And no doubt necros will read this, you can answer a question for me,

Do you have a maco with the following on it

"This spot is camped" and do u use it when refering to an entire area that used to supply 2fg at a time which you are "hogging" due to your pull rate. I think so, as that is all i ever hear from you.

Sorry to say this but I get so annoyed at hearing that.

Call me conservative but tbh Si has got more bad points than good. (not to mentions having to fork out to upgd PC)

Then you have an issue with a few selfish players.

But the Barrows is shit experience for a group, always has been.

C

-chancer-

well im not a noob at the game anyway =)
50sb 50hunter 50savage 50enchanter 44bard 48shaman etc etc an now a 32 necro but ive always wanted a Minstrel an plan on PLing one up purely for RvR as i will have the necro for PvE an ill be able to PL my guild m8y up as well help them out with a few level's

was wondering the time frame coz i got a few realm life m8s who ive played the game though out with since beta an they would also like a 50 on alb an it would be good hunting with them :)

cheers for the information its been usefull

B

belth

Lol... A camp that is able to supply 2 "regular" fg's is a place a necro can't deplete by himself. Pretty much every place you go to with a group to exp runs out of mobs these days surprisingly fast and the places that don't, aren't usually viable for the level range anyway.

N

Namtih

I heard that on Boars (US) that in wights room Barrows a necro PLed a friar 1-50 in 2 days 5 hrs, knowing the Americans that was through the night, therefore no other campers. That was with a 50 enh cleric bot aswell

E

Ekydus

You're all fucking pussies. 16 days /play now and only just dinged 48.5!

The joy. :D

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Namtih
I heard that on Boars (US) that in wights room Barrows a necro PLed a friar 1-50 in 2 days 5 hrs, knowing the Americans that was through the night, therefore no other campers. That was with a 50 enh cleric bot aswell

Got a minstrel to lvl 45 in 1 day 15 hours, and if I manage to find a necro with a bb, I should be able to get to 50 in about 2 days 12 hours or so, duo'ing.
Great cash.
And most necro's will xp in out of the way spots, barrows has been an pl ground for ages mind you, allways has been.
There are several necro's that are assholes, but as long as you react normal to a necro, instead of trying to steal his spot claiming a fg has priority over him, you will find most are normal players, just looking to lvl a fun character.
And if you know barrows is off limits due to it being camped, not sure, but how many other areas are there?
Regards, Glottis

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Got a minstrel to lvl 45 in 1 day 15 hours, and if I manage to find a necro with a bb, I should be able to get to 50 in about 2 days 12 hours or so, duo'ing.
Great cash.
And most necro's will xp in out of the way spots, barrows has been an pl ground for ages mind you, allways has been.
There are several necro's that are assholes, but as long as you react normal to a necro, instead of trying to steal his spot claiming a fg has priority over him, you will find most are normal players, just looking to lvl a fun character.
And if you know barrows is off limits due to it being camped, not sure, but how many other areas are there?
Regards, Glottis
I know that most Necromancers have had to deal with the following things:
1) A FG or so tries to kick you off of your spot, even though you were these first because they "deserve" it more.
2) Someone stereotypes you as a dumbass Necromancer and you get fuckloads of abuse.
3) Some asshole thinks you are a bastard Necromancer and steals your spawn etc for his own. You talk to him about it and they complain all Necro's are camp stealing shits etc.
4) Another Necromancer may move in on your turf. Either you'll share happily or you may have a little dispute and end up having a kill race. :D - Kinda fun though... make sure you don't leave as enemies though. :)
5) People generally try and abuse you as a Necromancer, no rezzes, (if you group - roleplayers are usually a problem), language, trying to ruin your day.

The list can go on. Basically, be prepared for levelling as a Necromancer and take it with a pinch of salt. Be a nice player and don't be a selfish shit that moves into where a FG is pulling and kill all on sight.

C

-chancer-

carnt wait to get 50 now an see how fast the exp really does come in =)

N

NightyP

With my necro i givf fg's buffs and they move on and leave my camp alone ;)

S

samildanachh

what do u see hapen more often.
a random therg haste buff u or a necro melee absorb u.
for me it is often the latter.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by belth
Especially after leveling the necro once already :p

Nah lvling my necro was quick and easy and painless, died maybe 5-6 times total, usually me being tired or stupid or both, took 9-10 days to lvl the necro and I did a lot of RVR and raids and stuff.

It has now done a thuerg to roughly 46 prolly 44 due to the necro in 2-3 days including some PBT raids, 3 infils to 50 1 to 46ish total played around 4-6 days both chars were played in BG and some RVR around 40+ (Prolly too much) my Cabi to 43 with around 3-4 days played including capping in BG, Dotsfortehwin. and 5 assorted lvl 20's pre patch, also done assorted 40-48 on around 10 other chars.

As people have already stated here, I can be tiresome but if you need cash and have a necro and char to lvl its the easiest way for me, I clear off to caldey for the most part and go to the places most dont go, I can still find my usual haunts and 99% of the time they are empty, a bot is a must for fast lvling.

My Necro has now been sitting on 10 bubs at 50 for a bit, why or why does the game still try to give me XP :(

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Pin
I said 'with a bot'.

without buffs it's about 3.5 days and you're a bit more restricted on where you can camp.

(mostly I don't have a bot when I PL myself as my bot is same account as necro :()

I'm lucky there, bot is on diff account to necro but on same account as Infil booooooooo

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Pin
My necro has 0rp. And yes it's easier if you go get some RAs.

MCL and serenity are a waste though, as once you are PLing someone and run low on power, just duel them and powertap a full bar back. Stick it all in WP and MoM.

MCL is cheap, serenity is a waste tho tbh, mine has MoM2 WP3 MCL and it crits like a big critty thing and hits 508 pwr tap every hit and 570 on life tap every hit.

If I'm bored and want to wake up doing red con greater teles is always fun only hit them buggers for 350-400ish :(

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Apathy
Took me around 3 days /played to PL a buffbot from 1 to 46 doing only white lights.

Stress is...getting up at 5am to PL and finding someone already camping the spot you logged at.

a.

Go elsewhere then, White lights are over rated, crap everything cept for XP I spose, I spend my time doing Desicrators and skels and ghosty things for variety, throw in the named ones for some ok ish drops and then yer on the same ish XP but not quite so boring and better cash/drops.

I dont get up at 5am to PL :)

Users who are viewing this thread