Please read this thread on Prydwen.net

TrezDK

Fledgling Freddie
Please read this thread on Prydwen.net

http://www.pryd.net/showthread.php?t=8299

Please give respons to the thread either here or prefferably in the pryd.net thread.

Thanks.

---------------
pryd.net said:
Rps, our realm and the race for rps
Please everyone,

this zerging stuff can be great fun, no waiting on a boat for ages before you get to 'stick it up them' (they dont like it, up them, they dont) and when you die, instant revenge is only a short port away. Heaven, we all get lots of rps. We must be doing well..earnt loads of rps last night... What a great realm we are a part of...

</sarcasm off>

Ok its not that great if you think long and hard about it. You die a lot more in zergy, laggy instaRvR, unless you are in a really good balanced high rr group. Everytime you die, our enemy get stronger. If you look at the death spam, green isnt the predominate colour....what that means is, that no matter how many rps you got, our enemy got more, as a realm they got stronger, we got weaker. Loosing the relics will only make this worse (suprised we still got them tbh).

We can still have the 'no waiting on a boat for ages, short delays after death' if you want. All we have to do is drive the enemy from our lands and take one of theirs. We will then have a more balanced amount of numbers as we wont be host to two armies.

We have some great leaders, we used to have a great realm spirit. Next time one of our leaders tries to turn the tables on our enemy, can we please help out with a few more numbers, not run around emain giving rps away.

I know Ill get flamed for this, but I dont have another char on a different realm I can go back to when we are at a 20% disadvantage. It really wont ruin your fun that much, after all it takes the same amount of time to port to a beach head keep on enemy soil as it does to port to dc. We just need to take back our keeps and 1 enemy keep.

Tas

PS
Thanks for trying Aran.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im fed up whit this irvr... but most of excal doesnt seem to care... so keep trying Aran... u the man :)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I hate boats :p

Peronally i like it the Way it is atm and if some Mids or Albs decide to go for our Relics..Well more Action (if it isnt at 5am) ^^

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
irvr rox.
its not about the rp, its about the fun, and yes i do think zerg vs zerg is fun
i dont give a shit if i 'give away rp' to some other realm, i play for the funfactor not the god damn rp

dont really care about relics either, sure theyre fun to have but id rather have irvr and no relics then no rvr at all (no irvr = empty/useless rvr)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
irvr rox.
i dont give a shit if i 'give away rp' to some other realm, i play for the funfactor not the god damn rp

dont really care about relics either, sure theyre fun to have but id rather have irvr and no relics then no rvr at all (no irvr = empty/useless rvr)

what is fun about it? You say it is 'fun' but can you explain that? I am struggling to see what is remotely 'fun' about it. Please understand me I am not being critical I am just trying to understand why people find it to be great 'fun'.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Spamb0t said:
irvr rox.

Gonna pass and ask u again when random noob caster hits u for 800 + ...

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
eeh, well whats not fun about it? i cant understand how u cant like it. if u want the 1vs1 crap maybe ur playing the wrong game
i enjoy nuking ppl without getting interupted and instakilled ;o~~
and i get to aenuke!!
and i dont have to get a group together, i can just go out there 'solo' (yeye bet ur gonna laugh at me saying 'solo' but i mean ungrouped ofcourse) and kill stuff, which i really cant without irvr, cause then ill just get run over by groups/zergs

sure its shit as a melee'er, but thats not really my problem

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Gonna pass and ask u again when random noob caster hits u for 800 + ...
so i die.. so what? i still kill some now and then, running around alone and facing groups i wont get to kill anything.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Almost 99% cabs, sorcs and scouts goes to irvr, Beno is a nice and quiet place to get some 1 vs 1 fights atm.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I know how you feel mate

I used to get really pissed off when Albion used to give up berks and eras for irvr, then whine about having no relics

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
eeh, well whats not fun about it? i cant understand how u cant like it. if u want the 1vs1 crap maybe ur playing the wrong game
i enjoy nuking ppl without getting interupted and instakilled ;o~~
and i get to aenuke!!
and i dont have to get a group together, i can just go out there 'solo' (yeye bet ur gonna laugh at me saying 'solo' but i mean ungrouped ofcourse) and kill stuff, which i really cant without irvr, cause then ill just get run over by groups/zergs

sure its shit as a melee'er, but thats not really my problem

to be honest its hard to see the point of it thats all. I don't want you thinking its a criticism. Just because I dislike it intensley doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

I just find the whole thing a reduction of the game to one thing. This game has some many more options that people can enjoy. Have you considered signing up to the random PUG group sometime to see what its like? You still get to nuke the shit out of things the only difference is that you can get more heals and a bard to mezz shit so you can do it better.. ;)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Have you considered signing up to the random PUG group sometime to see what its like? You still get to nuke the shit out of things the only difference is that you can get more heals and a bard to mezz shit so you can do it better.. ;)
if we're talking rp, i still get more rp 'solo'(ungrouped!) in irvr then in a decent group ;p had over 20k/hour last night in irvr (im playing menta), 50k in about 2hours, could have more i guess but cba begging for buffs all the time, so ran around a bit unbuffed too :x
and action all the time, instead of lots of running around crap which is just boring ;-(

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
if we're talking rp, i still get more rp 'solo'(ungrouped!) in irvr then in a decent group ;p had over 20k/hour last night in irvr (im playing menta), 50k in about 2hours, could have more i guess but cba begging for buffs all the time, so ran around a bit unbuffed too :x
and action all the time, instead of lots of running around crap which is just boring ;-(

but I thought you said it wasn't for the rps?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
but I thought you said it wasn't for the rps?
yes but u brought in that id get more heals and get ppl mezzed and stuff, so was assuming u meant id do better (get more rps) ? :eek:
besides i enjoy running around just as i want myself, not having to care about some group, and be able to afk exactly when i want

and being a menta i can heal myself pretty well ;-))

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
yes but u brought in that id get more heals and get ppl mezzed and stuff, so was assuming u meant id do better (get more rps) ? :eek:
besides i enjoy running around just as i want myself, not having to care about some group, and be able to afk exactly when i want

and being a menta i can heal myself pretty well ;-))

good luck to you then. One final question would iRvR be better in Albion or Midgard? If yes would you join a raid to stop it in Hib and establish it somewhere else?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sharkith said:
good luck to you then. One final question would iRvR be better in Albion or Midgard? If yes would you join a raid to stop it in Hib and establish it somewhere else?

Irvr in mid sucks, too many cliffs :<

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
doesnt really matter where it is, and keepraids can be fun too, i just go where the action is! ;p

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
going to be fun when those that want IRVR logs in today then

closest is ali or scat and they have to take a boat to the action areas

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Spamb0t said:
so i die.. so what? i still kill some now and then, running around alone and facing groups i wont get to kill anything.

U really ain't getting it do u? When relics moves ppl moves to realm who got the relics hence some1 gonna not have fun and since u are at it with this attitude: "i got fun u can fuck off if u don't" y don't u take some of your own medicine?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Albs just took a Behn Tower
They aint in hib for the convenience of iRvR

They wanna make luri soup in a big cauldron and stir it with a spear

Aran for Ard Ri :worthy:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Aiteal said:
Albs just took a Behn Tower
They aint in hib for the convenience of iRvR

They wanna make luri soup in a big cauldron and stir it with a spear

Aran for Ard Ri :worthy:

Shhh don't disturb iRvR lovers, they could wake up -.-

raid

Can't get enough of FH
My fun in the game comes from fighting enemies, not defending the realm (used to play for the realm tho, but securing AMG odins for hours got old in a couple of months). Theres more action with irvr, so its my choice no doubt. I play some in all realms, I don't care at all where the irvr is, and I wouldn't take part in retaking towers/keeps in any realm.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Not saying irvr is the best, but some days ago when we had no irvr each realm was camping their own bridge, at bleedmer, DC and Beno, each time an enemy boat came to the coast a wave of "defenders" instazerged the travelers. The bridge camping was by far worst than irvr in my eyes.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Meradesh said:
Not saying irvr is the best, but some days ago when we had no irvr each realm was camping their own bridge, at bleedmer, DC and Beno, each time an enemy boat came to the coast a wave of "defenders" instazerged the travelers. The bridge camping was by far worst than irvr in my eyes.
best things said in all these threads
sry but i love the situation, u'll ask why...
several attempts were done to get for example sursbrook, the week b4 the irvr in emain...
no1 of these whining people here came or cared, the casual players had to do most

now lets see, camping bridges or making pug's that get steamrolled by high rr grps doesnt like fun to me (agramon sux for the casual people)
so if u dont get anything better... be quiet and think of smth else or make an effort of taking an alb/mid keep

now for aran, sry dude but get connections on excal alliances or u'll end up at the 50% wankers on excal
i've always knew who to contact on prydwen and could get raids get public (this is in no way any insult but prydwen aint excal :p )

ok dudes gonna irvr some more, now i can get my alts atleast to a decent rr, alts wich never got into a fg going agramon
keep on GA... wanking guys

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:
now for aran, sry dude but get connections on excal alliances or u'll end up at the 50% wankers on excal
i've always knew who to contact on prydwen and could get raids get public (this is in no way any insult but prydwen aint excal :p )
Lets see, previous time i tried to organise forces i posted up my intentions a few days before, and spent several hours the day before raid speaking to GM's of the major guild/alliances.
We got all of 30 people in the /bg
This time again i posted my intention and details of raid a day or two beforehand.
Then as soon as i had /bg up i did broadcast in cain, ligen and DC asking for assistance.
I also PMed people from excal alliances asking them to inform thier alliance about the battlegroup.
Half the time the response i got was unhelpful or abusive.
This time we managed to get about 50 in /bg at highest point.
Both times a /who emain came up with 100+. (and yes some will be buffbots but i would think most BB's would be anon)

When the cluster first happened i tried to open communications between all leaders from pryd and excal.

I am trying my best to inform everyone and get people working together but its like banging my head against a wall.
If you have any tips as to how to improve matters then please let me know.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Enli said:

ok dudes gonna irvr some more, now i can get my alts atleast to a decent rr, alts wich never got into a fg going agramon
keep on GA... wanking guys

how many times do people have to try to get in touch with you guys? See you are good at pointing the figer but since you failed on your own (whoever you think you represent?) and we failed on our own (whoever we are?) I think maybe you can put two and two together?

So you wanted iRvR in Alb what you don't get is that last night was your chance and none of you came.

Now there is no port to DC what you going to do boat up?

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
how many times do people have to try to get in touch with you guys? You failed to take Surs did you maybe stop to think that maybe just maybe you needed prydwen with you? See you are good at pointing the fingure but since you failed on your own and we failed on our own I think maybe you can put two and two together?

So you wanted iRvR in Alb what you don't get is that last night was your chance and none of you came.
there were pryd and excal guys :eek:
stop generalising
yesterday.... i was on a raid i subscribed here on FH if u wanna check :D

and remember that take on blendrake a few weeks ago? thats was organised by me and a couple of farmers at a twr, we had fun didnt we?
if say my chance was yesterday well then its only some rare moments we can try, oh joy
like i said keep on wanking, keep on dividing the people :D

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Enli said:
there were pryd and excal guys :eek:
stop generalising
yesterday.... i was on a raid i subscribed here on FH if u wanna check :D

and remember that take on blendrake a few weeks ago? thats was organised by me and a couple of farmers at a twr, we had fun didnt we?
if say my chance was yesterday well then its only some rare moments we can try, oh joy
like i said keep on wanking, keep on dividing the people :D

yeah I edited my post mate you can see I cut that out because I was wrong - there was 50% of the BG from Excal so it is not a cluster thing. There is clearly a group out there who see themselves as something else - why not tell us who you are if you say you speak for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom