Please persuade me. :)

M

~Mobius~

I am aching to play this game, it looks so fun. But alot of my friends said it gets boring fast, I can see there point in a way but it looks really good.
I dont want to shell out the money on it without knowing I'd enjoy it. :)

Is it really addictive, and easy to get into?
Do certain people own everyone with uber guns of doom or something or is it fairly even?

R

Rigon-Noir-

I can only tell you my thoughts on the game Mobius, for what it's worth.

yes, it is repetative, no 2 ways about it, hack base, move, hack base. Then again, every game is in it's most basic terms.

The fun for me and pretty much all our outfit isn't in the actual hacking of a base / tower, it's how you get there. This pretty much differs all the time and tbh, like last night for instance at Faro, Cyssor, i come away amazed at the sheer scale of some of the battles that have been going on.

It's fantastic, it's fun, it can be frustrating (watch trees/walls for Jup and his JH). It's definatley one of the most addictive games i've ever played but you can chose your own play time, there's nothing to warm up on or prepare with. You can log on, go for instant action, get a base and some kills and log off. Or you can stay all night in intense fighting.

Actually, i probably haven't got across how great i think it is tbh, :( i'm sure someone else will.

Anyway, got to go, hit CR4 lats night, time to try my orbital strike ;)

R

Rigon-Noir-

Sorry, got to add this.

No ones owns anyone, if anyone says they do they are telling porkies. battle rank 6 (which you can get to in a couple of hours tops) will allow you reinforced armour, med and heavy assault (obviously you can change this) and your first implant. Im sure most would agree your pretty much a complete soldier at that.

All got 100 hp no matter who you are or what you carry and no matter how many vehicle/weapon certs you have, you can still only use one at once :D

M

mid_Efour

it is very good

yes you will be owned by me if you are not NC :)

try the free month you get with it when you buy it.

It can get boring, but it usually is rather fast paced always places to go people to kill.

if you have even an ounce of FPS skill you will have fun fast, if you dont spec Lasher or JH (ask jup ) looooool

saw some strong Jupitus death spam the other day made me glad to be on his side!

F

Furr

I find also that there are plenty of ways to keep the game fresh . Squadding with high br's , swapping certs , starting new chracters and sometimes following the big battles can always keep you intereasted

S

Stonebits

Swapping Certifications is what keeps it fresh for me.... Ive gradually tweaked mine over the last week and im now playing a infiltrator (read invisible) character.....

I dont get lots of kills.... but the satisfaction of sneaking past the enemy to get at their base is great fun... and then nicking their vehicles.... :clap:

Then when i get bored of that, I jump in my Reaver (Plane with a chaingun and rockets) and zip around the map blowing up things....

Before I used to be an advanced engineer (could build little turrets and place mines, and repair vehicles) and had a Max cert (Biggest infantry armour, bit like a walking tank with bolted on rockets/guns)......

Plus there are about 10-15 vehicle certifications you can buy so you can drive a tank, a buggy, quad bike, big vans, aircraft etc etc......

When you get bored, you change your certs and find a whole new lot of fun :m00:

Plus to get to BR 3 (or 4) take a few hours, prob not even that.... then (i think) you will have 6-7 certification points.... the most exepnsive cert is reaver at 4... so basically from first level you can be/drive/fly anything....

Some are 'Tree'ed' ie you need to be a hacker before an advance hacker, but the combined total is something like 5 points... easy to get....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Game is great as long as you play it with people you get along with - soloing can be fun at times but nothing beats a good outfit (read: Phoenix Legion ;)).

... you won't get a pet, though. ;)

G

Garaen

I love the game, i played it for 2/3 months when it was released, grew bored of it. And left it for a while. I renewed my account again last week and i'm having a blast. It's easy to pick up and easy to put down, great for the casual gamer.

It is also great for the hardcore gamer, you gain BattleRank's (BR's) by gaining exp points, which can be achieved via kill's and hacking bases. I honestly dont really notice my BR exp bar too much, i just enjoy the game. Getting in a squad with people you know who are competent players and who work together is where the fun is for me.

Thinking in term's of DAoC, it's possible to do a /respec once every 24 which gives alot of variety. It's also possible for a BR1 nooblet to kill a BR20 (and i imagen it happens quite alot). :p

Long story short, it's a good game for an FPS fan and worth the money just for the free trial alone. Also join NC so you can see UncleSick and Jupitus in action, its a comedy duo i tell thee ;)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Tidus Morgahna
It's fantastic, it's fun, it can be frustrating (watch trees/walls for Jup and his JH).

:D

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by mid_Efour
if you have even an ounce of FPS skill you will have fun fast, if you dont spec Lasher or JH (ask jup ) looooool

saw some strong Jupitus death spam the other day made me glad to be on his side!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

F

Faeldawn

Jup you farming foo', stop that ;)

On Topic, i still play PS a bit, its a fun game and one you dont have to commit any real time or effort to, just log on and play, simple as that.

It can get repetitive, sure, but SOE are introducing new stuff all the time (LLU is great fun) to keep it as fresh as possible.

Imagine T2 with nobs on and you have PS (kinda ;)).

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Jup you farming foo', stop that ;)

Nuts! Why would I want to farm posts anyway? I havf ub3r c00l cust0m l33t nick anyway :)

Just never seen so many Jup mentions in a single thread before - almost persuades me to stay on :)

M

~Mobius~

Must admit the Vehicles sound like alot of fun. :D

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Jupitus
Just never seen so many Jup mentions in a single thread before

Except the threads entitled " I Pwned Jup " ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Except the threads entitled " I Pwned Jup " ;)

Contrary to the "i got wtfpwned by sickie" threads... :great:

The mods just keep deleting them.. :(

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom