Please NP, cut the zerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k9awya

Most of them did leave, afaik they won most fights against the bigger guilds while exping and shortly after being 50, they did get owned when it was 50-20-30 of some "alliance" guilds vs 10 maybe yes !

E

eben

Originally posted by commie

Its really interesting how much bs ppl talk here.
I have said it before and ill say it again.
WE LEFT CAMLANN BECAUSE PPL DIDNT LIKE IT.
THE SO CALLED OWNING WAS _AFTER_ PPL LEFT.
GET IT MR.KNOWITALL? PPL STARTED LEAVING THE DAY AFTER WE DINGED 50!!!!!!

kthx bye

:rolleyes:

There was a lot of big talk before Camlann about how NP were gonna rule the server. It just didn't happen. I remember also seeing NP making some serious RPs too as they got the first 50s. Leaving straight away? Hmm I don't think so...the RPs were racking up...I saw with my own eyes on duswave. Then War Legendz etc got their 50s too and on the level playing field we know which crowd ran off with their tail between their legs. If you can't stand the heat...

If you don't remember the big talk I've done you a favour:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=38187

Slapping something provocative like that was always going to paint a big crosshairs on your guild cloaks :)

The great thing about Camlann is everyone can be a chanter or a hero if they want...class balance isn't so important as if you see a strong class you can roll it. Can't roll a chanter on the normal servers except in hibland. So it boils down to either greater player skill or sheer numbers in fights. You say yourself you didn't like Camlann...I guess we can only assume you don't like fighting on equal terms in similar number engagements, or you got your ass zerged a lot.

There's some nice genuine peeps in NP but the predominant opinion there is ownage. The biggest motivation as I see it is RPs and it's no secret that hibs farm the most RPs. The goal of big RPs is not such a bad thing, but it really rankles to see numerous gloating posts or threads where some NP luminary "decrees" that another player is worthy and the rest in that class are shit.

The thread was created with a genuine plea for NP (and others for that matter) to show some genuine skill in 1fg and cut the 2fg+ crap. You see the effect already...SotL have buggered off to hib/excal and that's bad for the Prydwen server. Perhaps they are sick of the zergs. So what you gonna do now? Roll alb/excal? Go on...I dare you. NP turns up there and gives hibs and mids a good fight and I'll eat my hat.

C

commie

Originally posted by eben

There was a lot of big talk before Camlann about how NP were gonna rule the server. It just didn't happen. I remember also seeing NP making some serious RPs too as they got the first 50s. Leaving straight away? Hmm I don't think so...the RPs were racking up...I saw with my own eyes on duswave. Then War Legendz etc got their 50s too and on the level playing field we know which crowd ran off with their tail between their legs. If you can't stand the heat...

If you don't remember the big talk I've done you a favour:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=38187

Slapping something provocative like that was always going to paint a big crosshairs on your guild cloaks :)

The great thing about Camlann is everyone can be a chanter or a hero if they want...class balance isn't so important as if you see a strong class you can roll it. Can't roll a chanter on the normal servers except in hibland. So it boils down to either greater player skill or sheer numbers in fights. You say yourself you didn't like Camlann...I guess we can only assume you don't like fighting on equal terms in similar number engagements, or you got your ass zerged a lot.

There's some nice genuine peeps in NP but the predominant opinion there is ownage. The biggest motivation as I see it is RPs and it's no secret that hibs farm the most RPs. The goal of big RPs is not such a bad thing, but it really rankles to see numerous gloating posts or threads where some NP luminary "decrees" that another player is worthy and the rest in that class are shit.

The thread was created with a genuine plea for NP (and others for that matter) to show some genuine skill in 1fg and cut the 2fg+ crap. You see the effect already...SotL have buggered off to hib/excal and that's bad for the Prydwen server. Perhaps they are sick of the zergs. So what you gonna do now? Roll alb/excal? Go on...I dare you. NP turns up there and gives hibs and mids a good fight and I'll eat my hat.

Ok, first the Camlann issue.
Ppl started to leave as soon as we dinged 50. after 2 weeks it was hard to even get a group. After 3 weeks we more or less all left.

Ok, you can spread lies or thatever, but since im the guildmaster there i kinda KNOW what happened. You dont.

Btw, ask WL, i dont think they will confirm you story. They know we didnt leave because they owned us, we left because so many lacked real interest in playing there.

And to the other thing, the so called zerging.
Why dont ppl stop accusing NP of that.

We run 1 fg only ! ! !
If we get owned by superior numbers 2fg+ then we get another fg and run 2 fg:s.

When we have beaten the zerg we go back to 1 fg again.
That how we do it, if you wanna spread lies, fine.
But thats the fact.

I know how we play, im kinda in the guild you know.

So, maybe play more and whine less?

K

knudden

Ok, now i know.
You got owned ingame so now you are trying to get even here instead, how cute.

thats so old and dont even fit as a reply
yeah ive been owned but i run in random made up groups
some of the time not even full

i dont care much bout being owned
i do care about what i posted so try reply to that....

btw : the asshole part include how u behave in forums

H

Hadess

Commie: Some questions..

Most NP's are good and skillful players. Do you really need to choose the overpowered realm AND the best classes there to own?

Lets pretend you were a random alb. Would you enjoy the game as much if you got owned over and over again by some elite hibernian guilds, who is clearly not giving the others any chance.

Dont come here and think you are something until you play it fair.

S

succi

Emain is clearly not the best place for those people then fadeh

J

Jenna.

ffs.. please..

im gonna cry here soon.
are you retarded or something.
of course you can always find some fucking statistic that you can use to prove that we suck.

but please. TRY TO FUCKING DO IT INGAME INSTEAD OF THIS FUCKING FORUM FILLED WITH USELESS PLAYERS WHO WHINE AND MOAN ABOUT EVERYFUCKINGTHING!!!

kthx.

I feel alot of anger here!

J

Jace

"We run 1 fg only ! ! !"

OMG, I must get my eyesight checked, I'm suffering form double vision!

"WE LEFT CAMLANN BECAUSE PPL DIDNT LIKE IT."

Didn't like it . . . nothing to do with having no chance of being no.1 ?????

LOL

F

Fafnir

What about that i read on gamingeye last week, NP is 1 of the 2 skilled guilds in Hib, the rest are only wannabees?

And why all the need to insult people for speaking their mind?

T

tildson

Maybe hib was the choice because they had 22% of the rp....... think it'd be better if we joined albion? highly doubt that, i find you all very pathetic who whines about the most stupid thing and most of you are only board-trolls. Hib is not the uber realm, its compareable or slightly better that Mid. You dont think it'd be easier with AE-stun and PBAE? Zerkers? Come on, think atleast before you whine.

I rest my case in this thread now..

G

gwyneth-love

ffs.. please..

im gonna cry here soon.
are you retarded or something.
of course you can always find some fucking statistic that you can use to prove that we suck.

but please. TRY TO FUCKING DO IT INGAME INSTEAD OF THIS FUCKING FORUM FILLED WITH USELESS PLAYERS WHO WHINE AND MOAN ABOUT EVERYFUCKINGTHING!!!

kthx.

Ehhh.... It was one of your members that wanted to prove you own Excaliber,, i was simply giving an other point of view .

And when did i say you sucked .. I only challenged you to try an ( less fortunate ) other realm instead of claiming you are all elite players . No playing Hibernia Doesnt make you elite .. .. o wait it does :D

Small Question .. was this Server more fun to play RvR whise Before NP came or After ? ..

M

Medde

Originally posted by gwyneth-love

Ehhh.... It was one of your members that wanted to prove you own Excaliber,, i was simply giving an other point of view .

And when did i say you sucked .. I only challenged you to try an ( less fortunate ) other realm instead of claiming you are all elite players . No playing Hibernia Doesnt make you elite .. .. o wait it does :D

NP earned 60 mill in midgard/exc, most of the RP were farmed by the ppl playing hib/pryd, we chose hibernia on prydwen because they had the lowest population of all the realms on the english servers.

Can we please leave this thread alone now.

Edit: Oh and sotl has shown everyone how "overpowered" hibernia is with a perfect rvr group.

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by tildson
Maybe hib was the choice because they had 22% of the rp....... think it'd be better if we joined albion? highly doubt that, i find you all very pathetic who whines about the most stupid thing and most of you are only board-trolls. Hib is not the uber realm, its compareable or slightly better that Mid. You dont think it'd be easier with AE-stun and PBAE? Zerkers? Come on, think atleast before you whine.

I rest my case in this thread now..

AE-stun + pbaoe does gosu damage on 9x% resistance ~~

S

SilverHood

NP like it on prydwen cos the only other elite guild is on albion - sotl

There's more to the game than rps

I

infozwerg

Most NP's are good and skillful players. Do you really need to choose the overpowered realm AND the best classes there to own?

[Guild] Xanatea: ok lets make it a little more of a challenge then. move to Logres/Albion. we ll play with full rejuv mace/shield friars, full smite clerics, 2handed armsman and paladins (no shield specc, no chants), spirit cabbalists and full ice theurgists. sorcs and mincers are outlawed ofc.
[Guild] Commie: great plan, but lets not get epic armor or crafted stuff, thats overpowered imo.

mrs paladin-crafter, happy now? or is using the armsman and cleric class alone to overpowering? should we not use any specpts at all and dont buy realmabilities? or maybe move only in groups of no more than 4 including pets? not wear armor? let casters melee with staffs?

will you then stop whining? no you wont, and fyi, that is what makes you fun for us.

btw i find it kinda hard getting PWNED by hibs on excalibur as neither i nor most of the guild did play there since 2-3 months. sorry.

regards,
Estat

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by infozwerg

[Guild] Xanatea: ok lets make it a little more of a challenge then. move to Logres/Albion. we ll play with full rejuv mace/shield friars, full smite clerics, 2handed armsman and paladins (no shield specc, no chants), spirit cabbalists and full ice theurgists. sorcs and mincers are outlawed ofc.
[Guild] Commie: great plan, but lets not get epic armor or crafted stuff, thats overpowered imo.

mrs paladin-crafter, happy now? or is using the armsman and cleric class alone to overpowering? should we not use any specpts at all and dont buy realmabilities? or maybe move only in groups of no more than 4 including pets? not wear armor? let casters melee with staffs?

will you then stop whining? no you wont, and fyi, that is what makes you fun for us.

btw i find it kinda hard getting PWNED by hibs on excalibur as neither i nor most of the guild did play there since 2-3 months. sorry.

regards,
Estat

look, hibs are forming new uberguild, llaw arian, lets move to pvp/prydwen whatnot ^^^^

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I dont have a problem with NP's playing style, but they shouldnt expect sotl to want to fight them when they keep running in 2fg.

If NP run in 2fg we have to bring 2fg ourselves to stand a chance against them, and having to run in 2fg is boring.

But it doesnt really matter, we had some fun in odins with our 1fg.

C

commie

Originally posted by Hadess
Commie: Some questions..

Lets pretend you were a random alb. Would you enjoy the game as much if you got owned over and over again by some elite hibernian guilds, who is clearly not giving the others any chance.

Dont come here and think you are something until you play it fair.

First off. We have already played mid.
So dont whine about that, its just silly.
Second isnt choosing the right class and making a good group part of being a skilled guild?

Choosing the best class is what a good and smart player does.
Choosing a not so good class is what the not so good player, or roleplayer does.

Please, isnt there anyway to make you ppl stop whining?
Do we have to make a useless group without supportclasses to be good?
Maybe 8 blademasters or something to be considered good in your eyes?

Is the only skill in daoc beating ppl when you are using useless groups?

C

commie

Originally posted by Jace
"We run 1 fg only ! ! !"

OMG, I must get my eyesight checked, I'm suffering form double vision!

"WE LEFT CAMLANN BECAUSE PPL DIDNT LIKE IT."

Didn't like it . . . nothing to do with having no chance of being no.1 ?????

LOL

Yes, you should have your eyes checked.
Then you will see that we run 1 fg only until we are getting zerged (2fg+) then we get another fg, fight them and after we win, split up again.
Thats the truth, take it or leave it.

And the Camlann thing.
No it didnt, we where nr1 when ppl started to leave.
Just ask WL or something..

I talked alot to roots etc about our problem with ppl leaving.
He knows thats what happened.
I have lots of respect for WL and i really hope they stay as nr1.
But, we lost or top spot because ppl didnt play.

C

commie

Originally posted by gwyneth-love

Small Question .. was this Server more fun to play RvR whise Before NP came or After ? ..

We have already proven ourself playing mid.
And sotl play alb, they have been on out tail in the rp:s very long.
We wanted to fight them too you know.

Why is it impossible to admit ppl are better then you?
I have no problem admitting ppl are good.
I have lots of respect for sotl, wl etc..

But not for ppl whining on forums.. it just shows their own lack of ingame skill.

C

commie

Originally posted by Jenna.

look, hibs are forming new uberguild, llaw arian, lets move to pvp/prydwen whatnot ^^^^

Aah, you mean the guild that was formed after ppl got tired and started to leave exc..

i really feel sorry for you ppl..

F

Fafnir

Is the only skill in daoc beating ppl when you are using useless groups?
Well not in your eye's, what i read on gamingeye.com people who play useless classes as you call them are just stupid.

Well then i have to be really stupid since i've been playing my thane since release. And dont see you use any useless classes then you must be very smart people. Perhaps we all should make perfect chars run around in perfect groups. But how much fun would that be, everyone looks like everyone else. If this would happen i would rather cancel my account and go play some offline rpg.

And rps do not show how skillfull you are, but there will always be players that have the need to be uber and be able to own anyone else.

S

SilverHood

Choosing a not so good class is what the not so good player, or roleplayer does

Not really.

Choosing overpowered classes is what the 1337 kiddie does.
Or the average player does unknowingly.

I play my thane for fun. Not to be uber 1337 with lots of rps.
Not to go into emain every night and kill anything and everything that moves.
But for fun. Hunting with friends, chatting, and generally having a laugh is what the game is abou in my eyes. If I wanted to be uber leet and ean lots of rps, I would play a class with that potential. I would also be ina guild that would help me achieve those goals.
But would it be fun for me?
Probably not.

J

Jenna.

Aah, you mean the guild that was formed after ppl got tired and started to leave exc..

i really feel sorry for you ppl..

o I c ? I just go kill myself then ~~

P

Pliny

I started on prydwen because of the small population and so i thought a more sociable tight friendly group of people on the server to my surpise i was right and lvling my character for a year i got to know alot of people and soon discovered that most of the time people just like to have a laugh and enjoy the game. Mids at this point were doing very well in rvr and albs ended up with no relics. We had a few people who you could call power gamers or people who live and breath the game but most were scattered in serval guilds only sotl had a whole guild of full time gamers. From an albs point of view rvr was more fun before NP turned up and what i mean by fun is battles that were close the sort where you bump into another fg you just about live only for another fg to turn up and kill you then reinforcements arrive and kill them. Killing people who dont stand a chance in rvr isnt fun and being killing in rvr without a chance anit fun the fun as i see it comes form the fine balance of chance. This is why i give my free time in the evenings and weekends up to play a game. NP as i see it made a very good guild full of lvl 50 characters specc'd for the sole perpose of rvr most of us part time players muddled our way through our spec as patches and nerfs happened resulting in not the best rvr spec or class that we could of made given what we now know about the classes and spec's now. Just my take on things hell mids and hids may have felt like this when it was sotl running around killing in emain i dunno ive only got an albs point of view. Feel free to point out spelling mistakes, quote, flame, insult least i know youve read some of it.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by SilverHood

Not really.

Choosing overpowered classes is what the 1337 kiddie does.
Or the average player does unknowingly.

I play my thane for fun. Not to be uber 1337 with lots of rps.
Not to go into emain every night and kill anything and everything that moves.
But for fun. Hunting with friends, chatting, and generally having a laugh is what the game is abou in my eyes. If I wanted to be uber leet and ean lots of rps, I would play a class with that potential. I would also be ina guild that would help me achieve those goals.
But would it be fun for me?
Probably not.
¨

Exactly, you play the game for fun. So do we, no kidding.
NP is full of people who enjoy alot the RvR aspect of the game. We want to be good at it and enjoy when we succeed.

EoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom