please let me kill my coworkers please please someone say it's ok :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Paradroid said:
You do realise that somewhere else in the company some dudes saying the exact same thing about you?

hehe prolly. I'm certainly no angel, but I do know when I have to call in the big guns to get support that others are not giving me :/

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
TdC said:
I'm pissed off with is that nobody at the guy's workplace noticed that he was floundering. in fact, he told me via phone that I was the only person helping him out, while I'm in a different department! (his management also knows this now; I mean the people there must be zombies to ignore a struggling collegue :/ and it's their job to get the flagging team spirit working again.)

It was his manager which was causing the problem and not the guy directly, who from the sound of it wanted someone to help him.

Problem with this is the manager structure. In an ideal world you could go above his line manager and highlight your concerns or your line manager can speak with his boss about this guys line manager so the big boss gives the line manager a shoeing? :)

BUT you can't because doing so would look like you are a trouble maker. The guys line manager will hate you (although its his fault for not supporting the guy in the first place) and...

*leans forward and topples forward, banging head against desk repeatidly*

Offices suck :}

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Never mind this "its not his fault, hes just an idiot" stuff: get on with killing him already.

Heh, I almost did yesterday - glad Im not alone being a short tempered awkward **** :m00:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Todays question:

Background, we use NFuse for Citrix (it lets you run apps like Word through a web browser)

me : yeah so we use server50 as an internal NFuse box to allow people inside the company to use a web interface
him: ahh right, so what.. you had to open up the firewall ?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
im glad im out of IT now.

i remember having to move some stupid fucking email profiles between PCs. i dont remember the email package though. all i can tell you it it was a pile of fucking wank. when you typed in your password it had little symbols at the side which kept changing for some reason.

edit: i remember it vividly now. LOTUS NOTES :puke:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I love IT support.

That means i don't have to learn jacksh*t about putting up mail accounts or other major boring shi-et like that.

They do it.

I can concentrate on my job.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
im glad im out of IT now.

i remember having to move some stupid fucking email profiles between PCs. i dont remember the email package though. all i can tell you it it was a pile of fucking wank. when you typed in your password it had little symbols at the side which kept changing for some reason.

You mean this (which is forced on me every day)

Attachments

• notes.gif
    notes.gif
    42.7 KB · Views: 54
G

got a new fault recording system today, its web based and is 3 times slower than the previous version, it doesnt do what the old one did and everyones asking why we are all so stressed out, i mean fs the job i do is stressfull enuf without some retards letting a system go live without proper UAT.

TdC

SAS said:
Offices suck :}

indeed :( in the end nobody shoed anybody, I got the guy's coordinator to assign the lad a senior bloke to go to as a mentor or coach (which doesn't mean the senior bloke will actually do anything, just that he's been assigned). oh, and I got slightly done for trying to escalate within departmental boundries. So just like you predicted I am now a troublemaker! BOOSHAKA!!

TdC

tris- said:

Notes is the pus that dribbles from Beelzibub's bumboy's spavined arse :( Don't get me started on how shit it is. For Notes I'm just an end user but judging purely from the UI their admin's lives must be hell, just like Exchange admins :(

TdC

brooky said:
got a new fault recording system today, its web based and is 3 times slower than the previous version, it doesnt do what the old one did and everyones asking why we are all so stressed out, i mean fs the job i do is stressfull enuf without some retards letting a system go live without proper UAT.

hehe just like us. it's not peregrine is it? :puke:

TdC

ooh quad-post! ban!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
We have the lovely situation of being situated in our actually head office. This means people can walk down to our incredibly hot office and knock on the door to get help. Rather than log a job.

Guy came down today and asked

guy : can you show me how to connect to the new database?
me : Can't right now
guy : ok, when can you do it?
me : When I get a spare 5 mins
guy : ok ...... when will that be?
me : *Bangs head on desk*

I also came very close to pulling one of the blades out and beating a girl to death to show her what a server is :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Whipped, that annoyance goes both ways:

Me: Can you check on my PC? Need it up asap.
Support: What's the problem?
Me: Can't log in to windows.
Support: Well i'm going for lunch now, maybe tomorrow.
Me: I need it asap, today, so the beta can go out on time.
Support: Well i'll look into it if i have the time.

TdC

well, Seely, perhaps you just failed to motivate the support guy in the proper fashion:

"hey Jim, you're really busy right now, I know, but would you please reset my doze password? I know I've really been an idiot to forget it and lock the desktop and things, but you know what? I'll buy ya a can of Jolt / get you a girl / pizza slice / deoderant / choccybar if you're kind enough to help me out! Cheers mate!"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
TdC said:
well, Seely, perhaps you just failed to motivate the support guy in the proper fashion:

"hey Jim, you're really busy right now, I know, but would you please reset my doze password? I know I've really been an idiot to forget it and lock the desktop and things, but you know what? I'll buy ya a can of Jolt / get you a girl / pizza slice / deoderant / choccybar if you're kind enough to help me out! Cheers mate!"

Two things:

Don't use passwords.
They get paid for their job :D

Other then that, it's usually smooth sailing around the workplace.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
i dont work in an office but i can relate to the wanting to kill ya colleagues thing. almost all the folks at my work are a complete bunch of tards an its usually me that has to sort out all the fuckups. also they seem to have the memory of goldfish so they are never able to learn or retain information resulting in em having the same problems over and over.
gets right on me tits. an not even in a good way.
:p

TdC

old.Tohtori said:
Two things:

Don't use passwords.
They get paid for their job :D

Other then that, it's usually smooth sailing around the workplace.

you don't use passwords? o0

also, because they get paid to handle everyone's problems, that means everyone's problems have the same priority. That is why you have to sweeten the deal :)

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
old.Tohtori said:
Whipped, that annoyance goes both ways:

Me: Can you check on my PC? Need it up asap.
Support: What's the problem?
Me: Can't log in to windows.
Support: Well i'm going for lunch now, maybe tomorrow.
Me: I need it asap, today, so the beta can go out on time.
Support: Well i'll look into it if i have the time.

I can see you've probably been nominated for the !F flag for that.

Definately sweeten the deals with your IT Department.

And when they say they are going for lunch, its normally because they have missed their lunch entirely because of certain numpties phoning them during lunch because of a problem with their internet explorer.

Funnily enough IT has to be accountable throughout lunch, yet every other department can go out and not answer their phones :mad:

im glad im now the network techie, I can fob people off to the helpdesk when im working on stuff :)

*!F = fuckwit (some places use other methods of flagging them up, like an AD schema with the title "Special Users" with a strange group policy on it)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
TdC said:
you don't use passwords? o0

also, because they get paid to handle everyone's problems, that means everyone's problems have the same priority. That is why you have to sweeten the deal :)

Nah, passwords arn't really necessary with the kind of security the company has in the building.

Anyway, the reason i took priority over it, was that if i couldn't work, a 800k project would be late. In game business it's bad.

It got sorted out, but i was just trying to set an example of IT that DOESN'T work.

There's idiots on both sides of that support line :p

On "IT never having lunch as others do", well, i had to answer my phone in the middle of the night to answer question about the design, so they got it easy *laughs*

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
old.Tohtori said:
Anyway, the reason i took priority over it, was that if i couldn't work, a 800k project would be late. In game business it's bad.

Hold on, when has a game company ever released a game on-time? :eek:

Dont get started with the "being woken in the early hours" remark, IT On-Call beats that hands down :p wave bye-bye to social life because of it.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
Nah, passwords arn't really necessary with the kind of security the company has in the building.
I just hope the network security is just as good ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Whipped said:

Well...*cough*...ahem...err...look a bird! *runs off to leak stuff from other peoples computers*

Insane said:
Hold on, when has a game company ever released a game on-time? :eek:

Even if a game is not on time, it doesn't mean that the producers arn't quick to hit the "cancel" button real fast if you don't keep up with their dates.

Yeah, it's a b*tch...

Insane said:
Dont get started with the "being woken in the early hours" remark, IT On-Call beats that hands down :p wave bye-bye to social life because of it.

Yeah...i know IT got it rough, but still...that kinda comes with the territory? No? :(

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Whipped said:
And that everyone is trustworthy... with no passwords there must be pretty much open access to everything on servers/etc unless some sort of biometric system is used... Most damage/espionage is internal not external. Whomever runs security there needs to be sacked :) especially if the work is so important...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yaruar said:
And that everyone is trustworthy... with no passwords there must be pretty much open access to everything on servers/etc unless some sort of biometric system is used... Most damage/espionage is internal not external. Whomever runs security there needs to be sacked :) especially if the work is so important...

Aaah.

There is that sorta security.

All the important data is on a server which does have a password.

I just don't store anything hazardous material(read pron) on my harddrive.

So basicly using a windows or dos passwords is useless since all the espionage master would achieve is see my assorted pictures that have nothing to do with my work and more to do with my waste of time :D

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Aaah.

There is that sorta security.

All the important data is on a server which does have a password.

I just don't store anything hazardous material(read pron) on my harddrive.

So basicly using a windows or dos passwords is useless since all the espionage master would achieve is see my assorted pictures that have nothing to do with my work and more to do with my waste of time :D
Yeah, but if you don't have individual login passwords to get onto workstations anyone can do all sorts of naughties on them.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
TJ - Yaruar your avatar is disturbingly like a cameraman I know (who happens to be a bit scary looking himself!)

http://www.steadi-mcguire.co.uk/

All us baldies look he same to you people with hair. Although the cameras i use are a lot smaller than that one and decidedly single shot :)

TdC

old.Tohtori said:
On "IT never having lunch as others do", well, i had to answer my phone in the middle of the night to answer question about the design, so they got it easy *laughs*

yeah, and their pager goes in the small hours of the morning and they have to go and fix some database (while you're blissfully asleep) knowing full well that it's going to break again in a few days because management will not allocate them the time to fix it properly. so they got it easy *laughs*

everything is bad. there are no exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom