Please Help, Someone accused me of ..

X

xajorkith

... being a role player.

After two years of DAoC, someone pointed out to me that because I like to take keeps in preference to Emain, and I bought Lifter 2 so I can carry two rams that I must be a "Role Player". Even though 90% of my posts on here are just flames or trolls, some people on these boards also accused me of posting in the style of a role player.[1] . I'm in denial at the moment, and I ain't ready to come out of the closet or admit anything.

I don’t even know what a role player is……..

Yet DAoC is described as a MMORPG, the RPG bit I thought stood for Role Playing Game... (I think the non role player reckons it stands for Rocket Propelled Grenade but never mind :) ) so why do role players get the piss taken out of them so much, are we all not Role Players?

Most of the ridicule comes from the Emain guilds, how did this huge popularity of wandering from MMG to AMG and back in Emain, on most servers come about?

Are there any RvR role playing guilds on Excal? How come there are so few role players on Excal server?

When does one cross the line from being an Emain tart to a Role Player?

Nazgul always take Alb keeps is Nazgul a Mid role playing guild?

What are the non role players called?
a) Non role players?
b) Emain tarts?
c) Those not good enough to play CounterStrike?
d) Pac Man munchers?
e) Score Whores?

I don't play Dungeon and Dragons (I play CS a bit), I don't wear a Gandalf outfit at weekends or pretend I'm Arwen in the evenings, so please tell me I'm not really a Role Player! :)

If I am a role player will I have to drink in different pubs?

Confused, please help.

[1]
http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=88219

http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=51311

L

loxleyhood

Be quiet roleplayer before you give us all plague.

R

Rulke-RM

Originally posted by xajorkith
I don't wear a Gandalf outfit at weekends or pretend I'm Arwen in the evenings

You don't?

freak :/

B

bracken_woodman

[B so why do role players get the piss taken out of them so much,
[/B]

Not so much a question of why, more a question of by whom...Most sensible people let people play the game how they wish and appreciate that roleplayers add variety and fun to the game.

E

eneq

Well YOU are confusing me..
WHO called you a Roleplayer ?
I read them 2 threads and i didnt notice anyone calling YOU a roleplayer..

Cant you make a qoute so we can understand WHY you are posting this questions ?

Is it just spamming or ??
ARE you just a post Counter WHORE similiar to them Emain guilds are ?

D

Divinia

Originally posted by eneq

chill man..

R

Ravenbourne

maybe you should type what you want to say then walk away, get a drink and come back and read it again, yes i am sure you will agree you look like a tard in just about every post you make.

Keep takes (when populated) >>> emain zerg wars

A

Aule Valar

having joined us on prdywen for a time remi is now irevocably a roleplayer :p

Z

zoia

u bcome a rplayer when u use big lttrs n puncuations and stuff when writing on bw imho bcuz thats teh way it is

C

chosen

Re: Re: Please Help, Someone accused me of ..

Originally posted by zoia
u bcome a rplayer when u use big lttrs n puncuations and stuff when writing on bw imho bcuz thats teh way it is

ur just a greykiller! and i got screenshots!!!!!!!! :p

R

rg-zorena

... being a role player.

After two years of DAoC, someone pointed out to me that because I like to take keeps in preference to Emain, and I bought Lifter 2 so I can carry two rams that I must be a "Role Player". Even though 90% of my posts on here are just flames or trolls, some people on these boards also accused me of posting in the style of a role player.[1] . I'm in denial at the moment, and I ain't ready to come out of the closet or admit anything.

I don’t even know what a role player is……..

Yet DAoC is described as a MMORPG, the RPG bit I thought stood for Role Playing Game... (I think the non role player reckons it stands for Rocket Propelled Grenade but never mind :) ) so why do role players get the piss taken out of them so much, are we all not Role Players?

Most of the ridicule comes from the Emain guilds, how did this huge popularity of wandering from MMG to AMG and back in Emain, on most servers come about?

Are there any RvR role playing guilds on Excal? How come there are so few role players on Excal server?

Nazgul always take Alb keeps is Nazgul a Mid role playing guild?

What are the non role players called?
a) Non role players?
b) Emain tarts?
c) Those not good enough to play CounterStrike?
d) Pac Man munchers?
e) Score Whores?

I don't play Dungeon and Dragons (I play CS a bit), I don't wear a Gandalf outfit at weekends or pretend I'm Arwen in the evenings, so please tell me I'm not really a Role Player! :)

If I am a role player will I have to drink in different pubs?

Confused, please help.

[1]
http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=88219

http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=51311
got a house = roleplayer :p

N

-Nuked-

pff :rolleyes: a true roleplayer has a cloak irl like me /flex

S

saltymcpepper

my friend thinks hes a rl ranger and has a bow and everything

R

Rg.Roller

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
my friend thinks hes a rl ranger and has a bow and everything

He prolly thinks ure abit strange too, hiding behind the wadrobe with 2 kitchen knives. Must admit though theres somthing savage about swinging a sledgehammer :eek:

O

old.SadonTheGrey

lol. i know an irl witch but thats about it :x

A

alithiel50

Roleplaying is acting and behaving in a manner that is different from how you normally behave and act in real life.

Since I'm fairly certain that nobody playing DAoC actually runs around on a daily basis hacking people to death with swords or flinging magical energies around with their hands, I think we can safely say that if you're playing the game you ARE roleplaying on one level or another. It's simply down to how far you take it!

RPG = RolePlaying Game. If you're playing the game, you're Roleplaying.

E

eneq

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
maybe you should type what you want to say then walk away, get a drink and come back and read it again, yes i am sure you will agree you look like a tard in just about every post you make.

Keep takes (when populated) >>> emain zerg wars

Well why CANT you then help ME bringing light to MY questions ?

SEEMS no-one can answer my questions OR can YOU ?

HE posted 2 links and I assume he was posting them cause someone ACCUSSED him being a ROLEPLAYER.

BUT i read them (BRIEFLY i admit) AND couldnt FIND anyone telling him he ROLEPLAY.

CAN you find ANYONE calling HIM a roleplayer OR are u just spamming USELESS posts..

AND yes im using CAPS just to ANNOY peeps.
Well IM bored AND if thats upsets YOU then SUE me plz.

BUT before you SUE me plz answer my original QUESTIONS. if YOU cant then stfu.

E

eneq

ooh have another question..
Whats a TARD ?

Yes its a sincere question. Cause i dont know what it is and want to know what peeps are calling me nowdays

X

xajorkith

Blah blah

On the first link can you tell me what the second word of the very first reply is? Also on the first link what did Pin and Gwal say?

I said I was accused, did I say, I was accused on BW? Perhaps it was IRL (it was) ? Perhaps on IRC, perhaps on /gu or /as (it was) ....

I was just making a "light hearted" post to brighten up a dull forum, of all the posters you're the only one that posted negatively and dragged the thread down to the usual flame and troll that I tried to avoid :(. For that I thank you.

L

lekkus

..I was just making a "light hearted" post to brighten up a dull forum..

youre post made me chuckle Xajorkith and you have to keep in mind that Eneq is a strong roleplayer...the village fool afaik ;)

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Role-players anonymous?

We dont talk about us that way.. if it gets too secret people might start to sneak around trying to steal our spellboks...

Oops i did it again.

Users who are viewing this thread