Please help me with a KotOR tech issue (PC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Mobius, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Mobius

Mobius Can't get enough of FH

Hello, I recently purchased KotOR on the PC and it fucking rocks, I have an extremely annoying problem though, in that every 15 minutes or so I will get an error popup "Knights Of the Old republic has encountered a problem and must close bla bla bla" and then asking me if i want to or do not want to report the issue to Microsoft.
    I've updated KotOR to v1.3 and also reinstalled it and it still occurs. I am running an AMD 1.4ghz cpu, Radeon 9700pro, and have 1gb ram. I get no lag and the loading screens are very fast compared to the Xbox version, but this problem keeps occuring and I am stumped as to why.
    ANY help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

P.S If you need anymore info, just ask.

2. SilverHood

SilverHood Part of the furniture

You got the latest drivers for your GFX card?

Also, if you're using a VIA motherboard, updating your 4in1 Drivers may help too.

3. Mobius

Mobius Can't get enough of FH

Phew I managed to fix it, I have to use old drivers for my graphics card. Fortunately KotOR is the only game I'm interested in playing right now (at least until KotOR 2 on friday)