Please Help me understand DVD players and such

A

Any

I know nothing about DVD players, TVs, stero equipment or any of the cables/connectors that accompany such equipment. But im sure some of you do!

I allready have a TV that i will be keeping for a while yet. What i want is a DVD player and speakers. I was looking at this one http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=2065081
Would that be any good? Id like one that will play pretty much anything and be quite good picture/sound wise. £300 is about my limit.

What sort or connectors would i need on my TV to get a decent picture. Are there any websites that could explain all this to me?

Thanks for any help.

T

Tom

Looks good, however, I'm concerned that it says 'no. of scarts 0'.

Basically, you're looking for a DVD that has Dolby Digital, DTS, and outputs in RGB (better picture quality than S-Video or Composite).

The surround setup looks ok, don't expect it to sound like a cinema, but it will sound better than just normal stereo on your tv.

If your TV is non-widescreen, make sure the DVD can play films in 'letterbox format'.

N

newborn

a friend of mine has just bought that exact same model, he says its pretty uber. ive seen lord of the rings on the old model of that and it was pretty damn good for the price. you wont get much better for the price in all honesty, especially considering its supposed to be 650 notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom