Please help! Can't even install from new bought CD's.

pauldaniels

Fledgling Freddie
I've jsut bought the game and can't even get it to install, any help would really be appreciated :)
I know there's alot on the forums about similar error messages, but I'm getting this when I try and run the installer off the cd's and don't know how to get it to work at all!

here's the error message displayed when I double click the installer exe. has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this? I'm assuming it's not the actual installer program that's bugged as it's a new CD from GAME.

Installer
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084)
Program: C:\Docume~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Blizzard Installer Bootstrap 01cde34\Installer.exe
Exception: 0xc0000094 (INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 001B:0048D4DD7

The instruction at "0x0047CF64" referenced memory at "0xAD0E27DC".
The memory could not be "written".

Press OK to terminate the application

I've seen a few bits saying to update various drivers, and have checked by gfx and soudn ones but haven't got a clue how to update or where to get new files for anything else (motherboard, bios etc.)

sorry to go on, but really would like some help on this as I want to get the game installed but am completely stuck atm :(

thanks in advance to any that can help ;)

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
from blizzard forums

May be beta but still relevant:

Q u o t e:
We are currently in the process of gathering information to send to our programmers concerning the 'Error 132' error message. If you receive the 'Error 132' error message at anytime while playing the game, please make sure you have updated your video, sound, motherboard drivers, and completely reinstalled the game. If the problem persists, please email your error log files to wowtech@blizzard.com so that we can properly diagnose the problem. The files will appear in your 'Errors' folder, which by default can be found at C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Errors.

More information on identifying your video and sound driver versions can be found at the link pasted below.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mgi0371p

pauldaniels

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your help. I will try and send an email to that address, couldn't form the main WoW site as I didn't want to registerthe cd key and create an account if the game wasn't going to work on my pc, and you need tohave that to post a tech form back to them :(

I have got the most recent video drivers, think the same with sound drivers but dont know how to check or update the motherboard (so that's probably out of date ;) )

All i will be able to send to blizzard is that error message though as it doesn't get anywhere when i run the installer, just has that error pop-up then bombs out. A few files are copied to my doc/settings temp directory but thats it.

anyway, thanks again, I'll carry on having a search around ;)

pauldaniels

Fledgling Freddie
Damn, jsut read back through and realised the error was slightly wrong it doesn't have the last to lines, so the correct one should read.

Installer
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084)
Program: C:\Docume~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Blizzard Installer Bootstrap 01cde34\Installer.exe
Exception: 0xc0000094 (INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 001B:0048D4DD7

Press OK to terminate the application

Help please! :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Do what Lega wrote, update all drivers.
If that don't work, mail Blizzard the error-log.

Hi Lega btw, was along time since the days of Illuminati :)

pauldaniels

Fledgling Freddie
I've updated all drivers now. Ran memTest successfully. Still no joy :(

I can't send the error log to blizzard as it's not getting far enough to produce one. This happens as soon as I double click the installer. I've sent an email anyway, but no response yet, sounds like they've got their hands full atm ;)

Thanks again for the suggestions.

pauldaniels

Fledgling Freddie
Just incase anyone else has had the same problem and not fixed it yet.

Be warned though, it's not nice ;)

I re-formatted my comp and put xp on, then updated only the gfx drivers. Works a treat now, and no err 131 or 132 in game, just lovely un-interupted playing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom