PlayStation

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well there's no way on gods earth they will let MS beat them out of the door again.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
They'll probably reveal ps4 and hype it till christmas then release it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
not sparked up a console in 6-8 months and i own both .. so dont see me buying the new ones

soze

I am a FH squatter
I hope with the rumors that these are practically computers now either this or the 720 will let you run Steam and use a keyboard and mouse.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I hope with the rumors that these are practically computers now either this or the 720 will let you run Steam and use a keyboard and mouse.

They basically are, but they won't let you run steam.

Also you could use a mouse and keyboard on ps1, ps2 and ps3. :/

soze

I am a FH squatter
ECA said:

Not anyone you want in games though?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ECA said:

Dunno about that, PS3 had parts of steam running. If it puts money through the books I can see PS4 expanding that.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
steam will prolly be on ps4 sony are open with that, it wont be on the next xbox tho and atm sony needs all the friends it can get while ms can be more bossy/cunty.

also hope team ico ( or what remains of it) releases the last guardian before sony nukes the dev for good

Aada

Part of the furniture
Sony delaying the console in Europe until March next year? MS will be rubbing their hands at that they will have the next Xbox out in NA/Europe within 1-2 months and gain a huge foot hold once again.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was under the impression ps3 did better in europe than the 360 apart from the uk

ECA

I am a FH squatter
5.5million more units in europe than xbox.
Lost by ~20mill units in the us though.

What I find amusing as fuck though is that Us internet is crap.
Even in major urban areas due to their structure, a lot of really shit ISPs.

Can you imagine how much whine is going to occur when there are outages and you can't play single player or watch something you already downloaded because the console won't boot? lol.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's just going to be such an interesting year, can't wait for MS/Sony to start releasing proper specs on their consoles.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...otype-with-move-a-display-and-a-speaker-leaks

PS4 Controller leaked:
ps4_controller_extremetech_edited-300x181.jpg

Adding the Spec rumours here:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...t-to-large-power-gap-between-ps4-and-xbox-720

Last edited:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've seen rumours Sony may go with GDDR5 memory if that's true it could be Sonys turn to sit on the roost this time and they could be going for a more games orientated console this time round rather then this media all in one centre they both have been going on about with the current consoles.

However if they are going with 4GB GDDR3 vs 8GB GDDR3 on the new Xbox then it seems MS are once again thinking of a console that will go the distance of another 6-8 years.

Sony going with just 256mb in the PS3 was a major factor in how most multiplatform games generally perform better on the 360, take Skyrim and Fallout they were both terrible on the PS3 with frame rate problems and we all know open world games are memory eaters.

Sony will also no doubt choose to leave Europe behind again and delay the console until next year here, Microsoft will launch in US and Europe within a month of each other.

Sony need to be good this time they cannot afford to be releasing a console retailing at £600, MS on the other hand have been making a profit on the 360 for years now and they can afford a price war and will sell the new console for £350-£450.

Roll on February 20th for Sonys live show.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Jesus fucking Christ 8GB GDDR5?

This thing will be a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom