Playstation Home

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Depends what you think it's supposed to be tbh?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Is it me or is this dogshit ?

Yes it's complete piss to be fair if this is what they have been hyping for so long then god help us.

Downloaded it a while ago and what a pointless experience the whole thing is.

You either go bowling or chat with the 40 year old men pretending to be little teenage sluts in mini skirts.

After around 2 hours messing about with it i deleted my from my harddrive quite quickly.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yes it's complete piss to be fair if this is what they have been hyping for so long then god help us.

Downloaded it a while ago and what a pointless experience the whole thing is.

You either go bowling or chat with the 40 year old men pretending to be little teenage sluts in mini skirts.

After around 2 hours messing about with it i deleted my from my harddrive quite quickly.

That's strange, I would have thought it would have been right up your street, not being on an Xbox and all that.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
After a week of it not working i deleted it because it took up 3gb or whatever

Kronic

Loyal Freddie
aye it is pants and will also be deleting it soon, good thing i did not buy any virtual clothes to wear from the online shop!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
preety obvious sony dont know wtf to do with it. for all the things they sugested its for all those things can be done out side of home on via the ps3 menus if they could be bothered

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's a case of Sony missed the boat and didn't want to be left behind.
Wii has Mii's.
X360 has NXE.
Sony had to do something and fluffed it with "Home".

IMO they should have concentrated on improving XMB and creating partnerships with video download providers, much like MS did with their NXE. PSN Store is pretty good, but Sony need to see about expanding the range of products and services if they want to be a contender.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
It's a case of Sony missed the boat and didn't want to be left behind.
Wii has Mii's.
X360 has NXE.
Sony had to do something and fluffed it with "Home".

IMO they should have concentrated on improving XMB and creating partnerships with video download providers, much like MS did with their NXE. PSN Store is pretty good, but Sony need to see about expanding the range of products and services if they want to be a contender.

You're talking shit because Home has been in development LONG before Wii or 360 was even on the market.

edit: lol you even mentioned NXE as a reason for Home? christ... you do know they've been working on Home since 2005? right? RIGHT?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sadville for consoles. Snow Crash has a lot to answer for.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
edit: lol you even mentioned NXE as a reason for Home? christ... you do know they've been working on Home since 2005? right? RIGHT?

All that time and its still shit.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You're talking shit because Home has been in development LONG before Wii or 360 was even on the market.

And yet it is still a poor imitiation of both, despite all that time in development. Sure, Sony might have had the original idea but Nintendo and Microsoft brought theirs to market first.
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I don't own a PS3. I've tried Home out extensively and it comes across as a Sony sponsored version of "Second Life", without the scripting options. It isn't a show-stopper for me as I'll stil be using my console. I just won't be using that part of the "experience".

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its shit, its pointless, its a waste of bandwidth downloading the thing. Only the dimmest of sony fanboys can possibly have anything good to say about it.

But then a 3 week old dog turd with a sony badge on would be the best thing ever for some of the forumites in this section.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Fucking LOL. I can't believe you're accusing Sony of copying MS, when NXE is pretty much a carbon copy of XMB with some Mii's thrown in for good measure. The only way MS ever have original ideas is when they buy them from somebody.

Anyway for us to decry PSHome as being shit is kind of missing the point - I don't believe its aimed at us gamers. It's more to give the spouses and girlfriends in the household something to do. The average X360 user has already got their girlfriends involved. They need them, as holding the controller one handed wouldn't work, so they need to get their right hands involved as well :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
home is still in beta and while nxe spent less time in development ms spanked it out sharpish. i dont like either nxe or home. while the wiis way doing is perfect for the young ones and the missus.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
And yet it is still a poor imitiation of both, despite all that time in development. Sure, Sony might have had the original idea but Nintendo and Microsoft brought theirs to market first.
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I don't own a PS3. I've tried Home out extensively and it comes across as a Sony sponsored version of "Second Life", without the scripting options. It isn't a show-stopper for me as I'll stil be using my console. I just won't be using that part of the "experience".

I'm not mistaking anything. You said Sony copied their competitors when in fact, they never.

And everyone else: I'm not saying it's good. It's a social network for people who own PS3s. If you're disappointed, I have no idea what you expected it to be, cos it's been obvious since they first showed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom