Playstation 5

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Confirmed as being 3 years away

Next PlayStation Is Three Years Off, Sony Says

Given the above, i'd wager they'll hold Final Fantasy VII remake back for that.

Doesn't really matter - current gen is on x86 AMD cpu+gpu , next gen will likely be on a ryzen cpu+ amd gpu.
It's a LOT easier to keep backward compatibility and go to next gen ( higher Q textures and settings ).

PS2 had PS1 backward compatibility because early fat ps2s had a ps1 cpu in them as well, slim later versions did it via emulation.
PS3 had PS2 backward compatibility for the same reason - they had ps2 hardware inside them.

PS4 is basically an x86 custom PC, PS5 will be x86 so backwards compatibility from the get go is easily doable - unless sony don't want to because $$$.

It means any game in progress for ps4 can easily be released on ps5 though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't really matter - current gen is on x86 AMD cpu+gpu , next gen will likely be on a ryzen cpu+ amd gpu.
It's a LOT easier to keep backward compatibility and go to next gen ( higher Q textures and settings ).

PS2 had PS1 backward compatibility because early fat ps2s had a ps1 cpu in them as well, slim later versions did it via emulation.
PS3 had PS2 backward compatibility for the same reason - they had ps2 hardware inside them.

PS4 is basically an x86 custom PC, PS5 will be x86 so backwards compatibility from the get go is easily doable - unless sony don't want to because $$$.

If Sony add backwards compat for the PS5 + keep all the great exclusives going that they've had for the PS4, they'll fucking destroy Microsoft again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I heard the Pros are noisy as fuck. Anyone think there's a PS4 Pro Slim on the horizon?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I dont notice the npise from my pro. But i am not overly sensitive to the noise i just up the volume of the game

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I heard the Pros are noisy as fuck. Anyone think there's a PS4 Pro Slim on the horizon?

I've only heard mine get noisey after playing it for like 8+ hours straight.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I think backwards is going to get pushed into your PSN subscription. Scan the library from PS4 then move it over on a "its in your sub" basis. Help Lay the groundwork for subscription based gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom