Playing daoc without SI ?

S

Stekkerdoos

I was wondering, is there anyone that is playing daoc without SI that has also played daoc before SI arrived? Is it any fun or do you HAVE to buy SI, to experience some fun in the game?
I can imagine most of the good exp spots are all in the new SI areas,
I'm asking because i have quit daoc a little longer than 5 months ago now and i was thinking of reactivating my account again for a month. Because of the chars getting deleted after six months. And maybe I'll have some fun with it and start playing again.
Only thing is, i don't have SI and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if daoc without SI is worth saving my characters for.

M

Moodyard^_^

i played without SI until like last week.

Bought SI now, must say i love it :)

Not because of the new spots etc (never been there), but it makes it run sooo much smoother, never lag and you dont have to relog every hour.

if you thinking of coming back, buy it.

T

Tham

Played Doac since BETA, and bought Si when it came out.

And now I cant play SI because i lost my 2ghrz comp and sitting on a 550 mhz comp righ now, and I cant say i miss SI, only the teleport from Aegirhamn to svasud. :p

A

Arwen

I didn't buy SI straight away, and i found leveling at 40+, getting a group near enough impossible. You can still do RvR, and most of the game, but if you plan to level post 40 you will have a very difficult time ever getting a group, personally i'd say thats the only reason you need SI, and it's made crafting material access a litle easier too. If your characters are level 50 i don't think it will matter TOO much, if like 45, and a group char, good luck getting higher :/

S

Slinker

Where are these groups , like to find one in SI myself , apart from the galla raids which take 4 hours and above . I've played SI since release and the only times you see groups is if they are going on a quest hunt 99 out of 100 times .

Q

Qte Eth

dont have si,and kinda dont regret too much

J

Jaxal

imo its almost impossible to hit 50 these days without SI, unless u plan to solo all the way (crazeh)

u can get groups in Avalon city, always lots of players there and easy to get group at entrance (with a little patience sometimes)

S

Silenzio

ive si...

consider it a waste ov money... just few nice quest n item.. rest is crap...

Users who are viewing this thread