Playing DAoC while waiting for CU?

Aeis

Loyal Freddie
As long as no more people roll healers I'll be happy. Probably going to end up rolling a zerk/svg when healer is pimped.

What?!
When i played the the server in SI and prior to that Healer was the most sought after class. How can that have changed?!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Kind of funny how large percentage of mid population that is in CU guild :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
DaoC feels a bit..finished. Don't you agree? I mean, you've done and seen it all. Best times are long past.

Everz

FH is my second home
DaoC feels a bit..finished. Don't you agree? I mean, you've done and seen it all. Best times are long past.

It's sad but it's true.

I want to play but I last a couple hours and my motivation sinks because the whole 'this again' feeling sinks in.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

I still manage to have fun playing it, which is more than I can say about most other games.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
But if they manage with Camelot Unchained and the whole old DaoC community gets hooked, that would be the best thing (and the worst thing, regarding time that will be spent).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
But if they manage with Camelot Unchained and the whole old DaoC community gets hooked, that would be the best thing (and the worst thing, regarding time that will be spent).

DAOC was an huge time sink. Far too many decent games out and incoming, simply not enough time to try them all :(. Had the Starcraft Swarm box sitting around for 2 weeks not even opened it.

BRANDYN

Fledgling Freddie
What would be some good lowbie leveling/BG duos in Mid? A few different combos?

Oshunsar

Fledgling Freddie
Back in the Griffon Knights - its only 8 years since :p they are also on Uthgard.

But lots to do - i most miss my leg crafters by now....

Kettil av Enhärjarna

Fledgling Freddie
I tried levelling a character there once but I honestly don't have the time to commit to such a thing. If I started levelling to 50 now I don't think I would make it before Camelot Unchained is released =).

Same here, started playing yesterday in hopes of going /level 50 and join the pvp fun.. I was sad when I found out that I'd had to level from scratch.
DaoC was never about PvE for me, and just like you I can't find the time (or the heart) to level to 50 AGAIN.

As much as I loved DaoC, lets just say PvE has evolved since then :p

Tilda

What would be some good lowbie leveling/BG duos in Mid? A few different combos?
Shammy caster or shammy melee is an obvious one.
Skald / tank I guess would work.

Essentially, /task to 20 and then go into frontiers in groups. There are so many people around that getting a group is actually pretty easy.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I don't know whether they nerfed hulks or not but it used to be fast if you had a decent group. I did 49-50 in like 1h 10 mins :), but it was a very fast killing group non stop (mid)

You will often find the lower levels taking longer than the higher levels due to the speed which groups can kill later on. 1-35 is harder than 36-50 imo

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mob difficulty has bin upped. This hade something todo with (de)buffs on pets and mobs not working (which works now), aswell as they figured it would be more live like. It basically means you cannot solo oranges anymore, solo'ing on casters has become a joke. Grouping has become useless, unless its a balanced group and even then the mobs cannot be "too purple" as they will oneshot just about everyone.

It really shows when you're on a melee class solo'ing. Greens and blues are (too) easy, yellows are just about right and when you start on a orange mob, the miss rate (or resist rate) goes up by a factor of 1.000.000 and all of a sudden you cannot take more then 5 hits.

There are some other funny things like; mobs not dropping anything for a whiled and all of a sudden, they all drop something (focus pulling). Nukes landing until all of a sudden, 4 to 5 in a row get resisted.

Last edited:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Nuts, was the best XP soloing purple mobs on my Nature druid. They hit for shit.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Right...Spiritwarrior the Level 1 Mid Warrior is in-game and already realises he's forgotten how to do anything :)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Playing on Live but I feel that it's kinda dead and boring atm. Nothing like when I last Played the game.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
It won't ever be as good as it was. Don't know why peeps keep going back to it and getting dissapointed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Come to Uthgard, in the CU guild on Mid there's a shed loads of old players who keep saying 'holy shit, i remember you' to each other, haha

Tilda

A while. We are lvl 18 and /played 11 hours

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Did 41-47 in 2 - 3 hours. SH raid. Insane xp. Have done a lvl 5 - 20 raid aswell, if done correctly it takes a couple of hours too.

Everz

FH is my second home
They should allow buffbots, I'm allergic to not playing with two accounts (or more) these days.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
They should allow buffbots, I'm allergic to not playing with two accounts (or more) these days.
actually, i think the one thing saving this server is the fact they dont allow it. keeps the rvr more fun :)

Tanos

Regular Freddie
I can't. And last time i played on live i was a bit annoyed that even in groups everyone keeps running to his buffbot all times. And it makes points in lines with self buffs more valuable. I play on uthgard because there are no BBs and therefore people tend to play together and not using it as single player game with strange AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom