PLAYER VIDEO COMPETITION!

Tilda

Righty then,

Following previous discussions on advertising on TV etc etc, i felt this competition was in order.

Your challenge is, should you choose to accept it, to design, produce and post a daoc advert suitable for showing on TV.

It should include(probably) game footage, pretty effects, nice music(not rap or shouty trash), and probably some daoc logo/goa logo somewhere in it.

It should not have been made or posted before on the forums before, or shown to people before.
It should be primarily your own work (i guess its probably ok to poach a little footage from someone elses old RvR vid if it looks cool etc), however group/guild entrys will be accomodated.

Suggestions;

Footage showing peoples UI would probably not be best, as they are likley to be confusing for people who've never seen the game before.

A voice over might be suitable although by no means necessary.

General footage/locations/things that make me go "oo cool" when watching are likley to earn bonus points, however it must be a general cool, not a "cool if you've played daoc for the last 3 years obsessivley" cool ;)

You may use any video editing stuff etc in an effort to produce the best done, well crafted, professional advert/video. As a suggestion, the WoW promotion video on their website is a good example of a high scoring entry (although I am aware that probably all players wont have access to the crazy animation stuff they have in it ^^)

Prizes may possibly follow for high scoring entrys, and theres always the chance goa might use your entry*!!!

Go to it people!

Closing date is the 1st of JUNE 2005.
Replys must be posted in this thread with active/working links.
If you cant host your video as anything other than a torrent, i'll need a copy DCC'ed to me or sent over msn or something as when I go back to uni I cant use torrents.

Good Luck!

Tilda

*not gaurenteed.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
moik would win if he made one :>

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
1 - are you a biased judge?

2 - what's the prize? i don't really wanna (understatement) make something for your viewing pleasure or some shit prize only ;)

3 - is moik gonna participate? if he is, i can't win anyways, so i'm out :mad:

edit/

4 - how long should it be?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I like it, Can we use IRL fotage for how you would be without DAOC?

Tilda

Vodkafairy said:
1 - are you a biased judge?

2 - what's the prize? i don't really wanna (understatement) make something for your viewing pleasure or some shit prize only ;)

3 - is moik gonna participate? if he is, i can't win anyways, so i'm out :mad:

edit/

4 - how long should it be?

I wont be entering and tbh I really cba to go look up which person plays for whichever realm i happen to be on at the time. So i'd say its pretty fair.

Its not just my viewing pleasure, why not do it for fun etc? other people will be viewing them too.
I'll try to get a decent prize, however, to rephrase your statement, I dont really wanna say "oo i'll get a gfx card" if all that happens is I get 2 -3 shitty entrys. ;)
I cant say what the prize will be yet, however i'll do my best with it.

Moik may enter, however you should too, theres no gaurentee that his will be better than yours.

It should be around the length of a TV ad, so I guess (although am not certain) around 20 seconds? Could be up to 30 seconds I guess, but im not overly concerned if you go over or under by 5 seconds. However remeber its an advert, not a trailer etc, so I dont wanna be sitting around for ages :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Tilda, quick question:

How can we send our Videos to you, as i dont have any hosting. (not made it yet, but will do it on Tuesday - Media Studies Cameras for the win =D)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the moik thing was a joke, duh

still would like to know what kinda prize you were thinking of. can't goa help you with smt nice? like a special ingame item that can't be obtained in any other way

Tilda

Mey said:
Tilda, quick question:

How can we send our Videos to you, as i dont have any hosting. (not made it yet, but will do it on Tuesday - Media Studies Cameras for the win =D)

Hrm, i'll talk to someone about getting ftp accounts, but I cant promise anything, isnt there some site that hosts films?(mmofils or rpgfims or something?)

VF, I'll talk to someone from goa on monday, I cant promise anything but i'll do my best to make it worth your while.

Mey

Part of the furniture
ok, ill have alook for a RPG website

Overdue

Fledgling Freddie
Uhhh.. What resolution would you like it? Nice to know in advance, if it's too small would be lame oO

Tilda

Im not 100% sure tbh, I'll leave it down to judgement I think, but nothing too small, but then nothing so high that it takes weeks to download ;)
Im sorry I cant be more help with that, but if you have a suggested resolution feel free to suggest and use it :)

fortunefish

Banned
Nice idea :) wish i could give it a go but if i try to film my uber serv necro pwnidge my pc might melt bfore my eyes :'( so ill leave it to the pros for today

btw.. cool price is a sword that when used on a enemy procs the words "I can make a daoc video better than you can muhuhuhahaha" in their language :) or a cloak thats got Im clever written on the back

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, instead of Videos.. could we submit posters/billboards/whatever-you-call-them? We could make a seperate competition for this, perhaps, for people who can't make videos, like myself ;)

If so, I better start downloading PSP :)

Tilda

Take it to PM's guys, your posts will be deleted.
This is not the place.

vintervargen

Banned
i think 1 month is too short for something that takes alot of work to get done properly :|

Tilda

gunner440 said:
yeah because it will be really embarrassing when you spell "GOA" wrong
Ok,

hosting is here; http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/index.php

Gunz, if your not entering, dont bother posting.
Vinter, I'd have thought 1 month would be plenty long enough, but i'm open to suggestions if you think the time limit should be extended.

Tilda

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Good idea. Wish I had the time... :)

well quit playing your German hibby then ;P

Your Video's are always nicely editited =)

would be tempted to put you your SS one from what ... last year was it ;P

but i know thats against the rules.

With any luck i'll be getting fraps at the weekend. so i'll try and make something nice and funky =)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
The ultimate price should be: Full list of people who got banned because of radar. or merchant who sells artifacts/scrolls/credit for BP/coins

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
can I enter with one showing people how bad daoc is?

Mey

Part of the furniture
yey, finished mine today well atleast Ver 1.0 will upload it when i get home, its about 22 mb and roughly 1min 20 seconds long.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I was thinking about entering this. However I'm currently making a video of my scout (going to be an RvR video rather than an intro to the game), and that along with the time limit means that I wont have the time to make another.

I'm looking forward to seeing who wins though, and what the prize is :)

Tilda

If the time limit is a huge issue i can make it until the end of May?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom